Robert Mueller

632 Posts
70 Users
5086 Likes
69.4 K Views
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

MB,

Thanks for helping me clarify what I am feeling.  I too want truth, justice and fairness.  I think my anger really comes about with some of the Dems’ reticence to act boldly.   And I agree that as a country we often need to be shocked into getting us back on track.  Will we ever learn?

Copper, thanks for posting.  When I read what you had intuited, I got chills.   I agree  that the Dems have been threatened.  But it feels murky when I ask if the threat is serious.  Almost like, if they call his bluff, will he really do what he is threatening?  My answer is, "only if it's politically advantageous for him to do so."   But I also heard, "he is a wild card."  I sense that out of fear or anger he could impulsively do it, then try to clumsily pull it back or lie about it.  The frightening thing is, ultimately he doesn't care about the country.

KB, Stardancer, mariad and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Please consider sending a message to Speaker Pelosi and telling her what you want her to about Mueller, Trump, Barr or whatever's on your mind.  Here's the make contact address for the Speaker of the House:   https://www.speaker.gov/contact/   She accepts messages from anyone who fills in all the required personal information blanks.  

I'm in the impeachment camp. Stopping Trump's lawlessnes and disrespect of our constitution is the most important task at hand. I understand about the risk to the 2020 election and about impeachment playing into Trump's hand, but so be it.  By the way, have  you seen Tom Steyer's latest ad, begging congress to take action and to impeach Trump?

Anyway, this is the message I sent to Speaker Pelosi today.  I doubt she reads or even sees this stuff, but some administrator has to be counting up the requests to impeach and everything else that comes her way.  

RE: PLEASE IMPEACH TRUMP

There HAS to be a consequence for Trump's lawlessness and for his refusal to respect our constitution or play by the rules. Impeach the MF. Impeach Bill Barf, too, if you can. The 2020 election will take care of itself. Trust me, there are enough of us sane and disgusted ones who will vote blue no matter how this plays out and no matter how much Trump and gang whine about it.

You cannot let this go. Do something. This is the only thing left.

Sincerely,

LalaBella, Shawn, Stardancer and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Regarding message  to Pelosi to impeach the president:  DONE

LalaBella, KB, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

I am disgusted, frustrated, and so angry. I have been going to the darkest of thoughts and wishes. I wrote Pelosi today. If they don’t impeach, they are part of the problem.

Anita

Jeanne Mayell, KB, mhb and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I just submitted my letter to Pelosi.  

Jeanne Mayell, KB, Stardancer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 mhb
(@mb)

I've been writing her for awhile now ... surprised I still get her emails.  Every time she sends one, I reply and tell her to please start the impeachment inquiry.  I'm sure she doesn't really appreciate my replies. 

If anyone wants the email I reply to, let me know and I'll post it if it's okay w forum rules.  It's a regular house email address.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Stardancer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)
Honorable Member Registered

Message to Pelosi...accomplished.

Thanks for the nudge, KB!

KB, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

I just messaged to Pelosi.

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Hope I'm not being redundant...

I think the American people DO know what happened, but 61 million of them/us don't care and are fine with it.

I think that it is entirely possible that the Dems have been threatened (Welcome, Copper!), but I think that despite what we'd like to think, many of them are beholden to some of the same demons as the Rethuglicans. What they fail to understand is that it should be clear to them that no one cares. The Dems continue to bring origami paper swans to gunfights.

Turtle McConnell will prevent removal, that's crystal clear. Even so, I think it is incumbent on the Dems to show the public that they are doing the right thing and at least start impeachment inquiries.

I listen to the podcast "Pod Save America", and the title of the most recent one is "Half Past Handmaid's Tale".  Yup.

And also - Done -sent email to Pelosi

KB, Ms. C., mhb and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

Messaged Pelosi earlier this month.  Felt good to do so, hopefully, something will come from it.

KB, mariad, mhb and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

For those of you who are represented by Democrats in Congress, do you happen to know where your reps stand on impeachment?  I have searched the internet to see what the views are of my congressman and senators, all Democrats.  I was only able to find their comments from April and early May, e.g. "we need more information, we're moving closer to impeachment," yada yada yada.   The fact that I can find nothing recent tells me that they must be playing the waiting game.  So I'm going to write to them, asking where their heads are, and stating what I expect from them.  I know that it's up to Pelosi to get the ball rolling, but I'm hoping that pressure from the congressional body might sway her.   

mariad, mhb, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Deetoo, good thinking. I just checked my congressman's office and ended out on the phone with one of Joe Kennedy's aides. I gave him my thought which is that they just need to do the right thing which is to impeach. If they don't impeach, the Rethugs will argue down the road that the reason the House didn't impeach was because there wasn't a case for impeachment.  But there is a mighty case for impeachment.  And it's the House of Representatives' job to impeach in the case of a criminal president.  So they need to just do it.  I also pointed out that if a Republican congressman  says there's a case for impeachment, then what is holding the House dem's back?  Answer: they have other strategies for getting the Thump out.  But there will be loses either way, so they should do the right thing - impeach. 

KB, mariad, CDeanne and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I agree with everything you said, Jeanne.  And why is Congress waiting for the public to tell them what to do?  The public is ambivalent about impeachment right now because (1) Barr directed the narrative about the Mueller Report, and consequently (2) the public is confused because they don’t have the facts.  Congress needs to lead the people by telling them the truth, through televised, sworn testimony -- Con Don’s worst nightmare.  In my mind’s eye I see him pacing like a caged animal as televised testimony is going on.  I see people tuning in, even at work.   He doesn’t need to be actually impeached for a new narrative -- based on the truth -- to be written.

One thing you can say about the Rethugs:  they have cojones.   The Dems had better grow a pair before it’s too late for all of us.

KB, Jeanne Mayell, mariad and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@carmen)

There have been quite a few on here who have said they do not see an impeachment for 45 so far in their visions and I haven't seen it either in mine.

For the longest I assumed it would the fault of the Republicans blocking the impeachment process.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it will be at the fault of the Democrats instead. 

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Although many of us have not seen an impeachment in our readings, I’m wondering if that just means it would die in the Rethug Senate?  Maybe as a group, we need to ask a clarifying question:  will the Democratic Congress begin an impeachment inquiry?  And will the inquiry be successful in swaying public opinion, even if it does not lead to impeachment?

If my understanding of impeachment is correct, the process is essentially a court procedure run by Congress where the House brings charges and the Senate holds the trial.  Based on my reading, Federal judges have frequently ruled that Congress has a greater claim to sensitive government documents and personal information when it can point to an ongoing legal matter, instead of just a congressional investigation or legislative debate.   But I do have a question:  because we have a Rethug Senate, can they in any way stall or prevent a trial from occurring?  Does anyone know?

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
 mhb
(@mb)

Hi deetoo, I don't know for certain about the process on how the trial starts in Senate, but I do know that Chief Justice Roberts presides over it.  So I don't think it would be just in Mitch's hands, since the judicial branch is involved in presiding over the trial.  But with Mitch, he will certainly try to postpone it, even if that's not supposed to be how it goes.

On a related note, I watched a video last night of a couple of psychics who predicted impeachment would happen in the House, but that something would happen to T before he could be tried in the Senate (they saw a health problem of some sort).  Whatever happens, it does seem it may not go according to plan. *shrug*

I imagine Ben Wittes will be posting about the process on Lawfare soon.  I'll try to see what I can find when I get a chance.

KB, deetoo, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Thanks, MB.  So do you know whether Roberts' role would be an active one, or is it more ceremonial?  I really like Ben Wittes, and will be interested in hearing what he thinks.

That's interesting about the predictions of T's health.  I think that health problems were also predicted by a few people on this site.  These health issues seemed to render him incapacitated in some way.  

ReplyQuote
 mhb
(@mb)

It's my understanding that it's a role of control, like the trial judge in a normal proceeding.  The House selects prosecutors, the Senate is essentially the jury, Chief Justice Roberts makes rulings.   We should be able to verify this fairly easily from what happened w Bill Clinton and Nixon.  I know Jill Wine Banks has been posting and talking about this for quite awhile.  I imagine that she'll have a series of tweets confirming or clarifying the process.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Just got off the phone with joe Kennedy’s office again this morning and the aide said they are waiting to hear mueller testify.  I said, it is all in his report.  Don’t wait. The more they wait the more time the enablers have to mount their counter attack.  

I understand their reasoning though. They don’t want to start impeachment and then have mueller come out and contradict them.  They want a clear case.  I feel they have a clear case in the report.  

Tiger-n-Owl, PenelopeFP, KB and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Reading impeachment: our Prediction group had seen a year before the 2016 election that the question  of impeachment of the president would come up in late 2017 but there would be no follow through. Then when December 2017 rolled around there was impeachment buzz in the air and many psychics were in fact predicting impeachment. But it did not happen, (just as we predicted.)

Now we are in a whole new impeachment discussion.  And this one is more serious and likely, although I haven't seen it in a vision yet. A few people in our group have seen references to impeachment for this Spring and summer.  

When I throw cards on Nancy Pelosi, I get she is stuck, and indecisive.   Biggest  decision of her life.  She is holding meetings about it. She doesn’t want to do it unless it’s a slam dunk.   It is true that the man is a criminal, a traitor, and should be impeached.  The most seriously criminal in the history of the presidency.  But in this political atmosphere, it is not a slam dunk. And they will not likely have solid evidence for conspiracy.  

Nixon's wrong doing was about one percent of what thump has done,  and he resigned because he knew he would be impeached and convicted. But even though his crime was not as great as this President, we have become numb to the offenses.   Also they won't have the votes to convict in the Senate and then there's the media opposition that FOX will launch and has already launched..  

Bill Clinton's wrongdoing isn't even worth mentioning although he did lie and cover it up.

The problem is that the Senate will not follow through. I don't think they will even hold a trial.  

Another card showed that If she agrees to go forward with it, it will be because she is pushed and has no choice. 

Using the cards, I ask Mueller what he is feeling.  He is currently in the Hanged Man  position - i.e., in an impossible position.  He wants to walk away and become a private citizen.  Does he feel Trump's offenses are impeachable?  Yes he does.  

Tiger-n-Owl, LalaBella, Ms. C. and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 32
Share: