Notifications
Clear all

Robert Mueller

(@stardancer)
Honorable Member Registered

I’m with you! Really resonated with your post, Jeanne.

I think we need to continue to develop and share a counter narrative. We need to share a story that unifies people. A clear and compelling story that everyone can gather around. Rob Bell from his podcast the Robcast has been sharing this since the election. He talks about..we can be angry, but if we do not have a compelling counternarrative, it’s just noise.

I reflect on the people in history who have done this, not by complaining about all the stuff they were against, but what they were for. Change was the result.

I live in a small town in the upper Midwest surrounded by people who support far right issues. I push myself to engage with people whose opinions & views are different from my own. I make every effort to meet them where they are at, looking for common ground and being honest when I cannot. I do my very best to raise issues from a place of love. I don’t think we will win people over by pushing back. We need to woo people to the truth. The biggest part of that is accomplished by how we live our lives. How I live my life may be the only constitution another person reads. 

Thinking of you with a smile and much love.

kksali, deetoo, Coyote and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

• Hi Polarberry and all- I feel the other investigations (approximately 20) will punish T harshly.  They now have a green light to move fully forward. I think T will forfeit many properties like Manafort. Those surrounding him will also be punished. I know it difficult right now, but we all must remember we are reading about Barr's spin letter, not Muellers report. We will see the full report. If not voluntarily, it will be leaked. I feel a lot of dark energy described in the report.  It will badly weaken him. Also, he is not physically healthy.  Feeling he has dementia like his father. So much cover-up on many issues. It will all return to bite them. Onwards.

ghandigirl, KB, TriciaCT and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Yogagirl,

I am sending you healing light and prayers.  I feel a kinship.  I am your age and have a chronic health condition.   I’m still learning to accept some of the mysterious maladies of my body, and take it a day at a time.  All things considered I’ve been managing well, but within the past two years, I have felt physically spent (more fatigue, pain, etc).  It’s no surprise to me that as an empath, our toxic political environment has greatly contributed to how I am feeling.  Sometimes I feel like a hostage.  I am coping, but it has taken its toll. 

When Obama was elected, I felt hope for our future.  I had this dream that as I entered my senior years, I would live this chapter of my life with joy and serenity.  My changing body I can deal with, but this other stuff over which I have no control?  Not so much.  It all feels too big.  And unlike how I felt in my 20’s and 30’s, when I believed I had years ahead of me to make my mark on this world, I know that I am running out of time.  And I am mad as hell about it.

It feels like a double whammy – both my body, and my country, feels war torn.  It feels like everything is falling apart.  Bette Davis once said “Getting old is not for sissies” – and boy, does that apply now!  So for me, the question is this:  since I am here on this earth, what can I do to feel at peace and make this world a better place?  I can pray for our country, our politicians, and our world -- but beyond that, it’s too big for me, in the singular, to take on.  I have to accept my limitations, while at the same time, do what I can to hopefully create a positive ripple in the world.   I really like what Lovendures stated about being a lightworker in your own backyard.  I go back to that serenity prayer:  “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”  That comforts me.

So what do I have control over?  Let’s look at yesterday (Sunday):

1. Yesterday I chose to watch very little of the news, so I didn’t know about the Barr op-ed (that’s what it really was) until this morning.  I only have a certain amount of energy and my time is precious.  I refuse to give that away to an undeserving recipient.   I agree with Jeanne and others’ wisdom about turning away from anything or anyone that drains your life force.  I agree with Stardancer and am taking my power back. 
  2. Yesterday was a beautiful day here, so I spent some time pulling tons of weeds in our flower beds.  I don’t like doing it (I’m a city kid by nature) and it’s taxing on my body, but it felt like the right thing to do.  I felt satisfaction after I was finished.  Then this morning when I heard about Barr’s report, I saw the weed pulling as rather symbolic and prophetic of what should and will happen politically.
  3. I watched one of my favorite 40’s movies, “The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer.” It always makes me laugh.  I love Cary Grant, especially in comedic roles.
  4. I looked at pet adoption websites. My husband and I lost our beloved dog to cancer 1-1/2 years ago, and I remembered how much joy she brought to us.   Time to give another critter a good home.

I’ll admit that my heart is broken by what’s happening to our country.  But I’d rather feel that pain, than be oblivious or numb.  As long as I don’t dwell too long in the sadness, it’s okay. 

I accept that I am angry about the injustice, and am okay with that.  Anger has a way of propelling me forward to take some positive action.  I don’t know what that action is, but it will come. 

I also give myself permission to retreat from all of this when I need to.  It’s about self-care. 

Finally, as empaths and lightworkers, I’d like to remind us how incredibly strong we all are.   I used to erroneously believe that because I felt things so deeply, I was a wimp.  I’d hear descriptions of me as too sensitive, too serious, too fragile ….  I could go on and on.  I bought into that BS, until I met people like me.  There’s a reason why we are all here, at this time in history.   We’re tough cookies.  We can handle it, and we each have our own special gifts to share.

I know this is really hard, but let us not despair.   Let us be gentle and kind to ourselves and to each other.  Rediscover what makes you laugh.  And to quote Patel, the hotel manager in one of my favorite movies, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel":

Everything will be all right in the end.  And if it's not all right, it is not yet the end.

Peace and blessings to all of you.

ghandigirl, Paul W, Baba and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

Ah, DeeToo, how I love your post.  It's just beautiful and so very uplifting.  Thank you so much for sharing.  We are tough cookies, indeed.

deetoo, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Everything will be all right in the end.  And if it's not all right, it is not yet the end.—Dee-too.  

Thank you, Dee-too.   

ghandigirl, deetoo, Paul W and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

deetoo, thank you for such a thoughtful post. Your point about embracing our sensitivity to the darkness around us pretty much sums up the imperative of our times. Ralph Waldo Emerson writes, "People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them," and Jiddu Krishnamurti tells us, "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." In other words, anger, confusion, and despair about the state of the world are the wellspring of positive transformation.

I'm going to leave here a link to a short piece of writing by the English folklorist Martin Shaw, whose words served as a balm in my own dark night of the soul several years ago.

"A Counsel of Resistance and Delight in the Face of Fear"

LalaBella, Baba, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

When I first heard the buzz about the report and the letter, I felt very tired. I felt like perhaps I need to tune all this out, it is too much. The things being said out of the White House by the president and the people who work for him, his corrupt and criminal accessories and collaborators.. if I take it seriously, it is painful and makes me feel anger. But if I tune them out, I have to look within, how do I really feel about this news? The letter and report--what does it really mean? Well, first, we have not seen or read the report. All we have is this letter. What is the environment of this letter? Well, Mercury is retrograde in Pisces. The ruling planet of Pisces is Neptune. This tells me that there is misinformation being spread. Neptune can cause delusion. Water is Neptune's element. n this environment, consider we are not seeing things clearly, it is the planet of addiction and escape, delusion and dreams, altered states-- things are difficult to pin down or grab on to-- like water.  The AG is a Gemini, one of the signs which is greatly affected by this retrograde (Mercury rules Gemini, communication & writing) - the retrograde causes problems with concentration, focus and instigates arguments with friends and colleagues. Delays are also a large feature with Mercury Retrograde. 

Mercury does not start direct until the 28th. I am reserving judgement until then. So trump may make all the statements he wants and repeat them over and over but they are like drops of rain, will just drain back down into the sewer and will not be permanent. Gemini/ruled by Mercury--element is Air-- again not fixed. This matter has not been concluded. There is nothing to truly worry about--the clowns in the circus are just making a lot of noise to obfuscate and distract. 

KB, Coyote, numerologist and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

This is cover-up of treason at the highest levels and I pray justice will prevail.  I don't quite understand how the whole planetary thing works but if it takes down Trump, I can't wait.

I agree with courting normalcy.  Today I practiced my instrument, called a friend, played with the dogs, tended plants, and played a board game with my family.  Cathartic.

KB, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Coyote,
I love the quotations, and agree completely.  Thank you for the link.  Beautifully expressed.

ReplyQuote
(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

Rowsella -

I was just going to comment about Mercury being retrograde when I read your post. Beautifully said and I have nothing to add except --  thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

When I saw what the Mueller Report said “The investigation led by Robert S. Mueller III found no evidence that President Trump or any of his aides coordinated with the Russian government’s 2016 election interference, according to a summary of the special counsel’s key findings made public on Sunday by Attorney General William P. Barr.”

1. I was not surprised and 2. Lets be real do you think they will say to that he colluded with Russia and therefore it’s obvious that he did not win the presidency legitimately. This would cause such an uproar in this country. Can you imagine the social unrest?  We have Trump just days before saying that his friends in the military and police and biker groups will get tough on the Democrats https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.amp

Just like Pelosi cutting off talks of impeachment.

Lets let the Republicans take their victory lap for now. This is not the end for our democracy just the continued of our fight. I am not devastated like when he won the presidency. I could not believe it and was shocked and sad. No I am ok I am not sad because I feel this is not how it would end our nightmare just let time go on. There are more investigations like the one if NY. Trump has put all his eggs in one basket (Mueller Investigations) when he should be worried about the other ones. The other little ones that are going to sneak in and bite him. 

BlueBelle, Baba, Yofisofi and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Yogagirl, I'm blown away too by the hate and lies.  DJT is now attacking Adam Schiff (calling for his resignation even!) Adam is a great patriot and was doing what he still knows is correct. Trump is attacking like a rabid dog.  The only thing I can say is this: remember all the leaks that came out before? Take heart - the whole report will EVENTUALLY come out.  2/3 of it will come out to congress and us and someone will be able to get the whole thing in 4 weeks (latest is 4 months) time or sometime in April (I even just heard by April 23rd! -I hope I'm hearing correctly) I listen to a lot of YouTube psychics. Basically most of them did predict that he would not get charged for treason, but it was the money (follow the money) that would get him. Eventually obstruction too...but many say he will be given a deal to slink away and quit instead of he and his children being charged.  Until that time it's going to actually be worse with Trump and his supporters becoming even more horrible and bullying the dems and those who investigated him. Not to worry, the truth will come out and when it does he is going to explode like a big orange balloon!  So just hang in there, say a prayer for Adam Schiff too (light begets light) and take cover until the storm passes. 

Sending you love and light now and into infinity....

numerologist, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 MPS
(@mps)
Eminent Member Registered

Just adding my thoughts to this discussion.  Obama showed us the way to how things could be.  That is why all this current chaos seems so devastating.  The contrast is what will amplify the correction to this in the future.   And, on the subject of “amplify,” this latest effort by Barr to try another Republican deception and hide the worst of the Mueller report will only make him and the Republicans look even worse when the truth comes out.  In the end, he will look very bad, the Republicans will look very bad (if they could look worse), and it will advance the truth and change even more minds to admit what is going on.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

MPS, that's an astute observation about Obama.  He is such an inherently good and wise man.  About a year ago I purchased a book called Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents, by Pete Souza, the former White House photographer.  It illustrates the presidential contrasts between Obama and Trump, with Obama photos and quotations contrasted with tweets by our current President (thankfully, one tiny photo of the latter!)  As I began reading it, I wept, then thought  "what are you, a glutton for punishment?"   But I think my decision to purchase the book speaks to what you wisely stated:  "The contrast is what will amplify the correction to this in the future."   I also needed to remind myself that we were once THERE, and can return to that saner place, scarred from the treacherous journey but a lot kinder and wiser.  I guess that as a nation, we needed to hit rock bottom before we can be restored to sanity.

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Russia, if you're listening, please leak Bob Mueller's report.  And it would be especially helpful if you'd leak that pee-pee tape, too.  

numerologist, BlueBelle, polarberry and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I want to remind everyone not to pay Trump nor his surrogates any mind. They are instigating fear. They are deliberately using antagonistic terms and stupid memos to TV stations to stoke fear, panic and anger in people. Bannon in his statements, Sarah Sanders in hers, Trump, Graham, McConnell, etc.- they have a strategy and phrases like "attack mode" "revenge" "enemies list" etc. are designed to put people off their center, to panic people into making dumb statements, to dominate the national conversation. To put these words and questions in the mouths of broadcast personalities to our representatives. If our reps are smart, they will not fall for it, they will sidestep those questions.

Remember, he is not "exonerated" - there is plenty of proof that there was some conspiracy but they don't have enough actionable evidence. Even if he were too stupid to coordinate something like that--He asked for help from Russians, They helped him. He benefited. He rewarded them. His son met with Russian agents and he lied about them. The president also made up a lie about thaton Airforce 1.   That Mueller could not find the smoking gun connecting them to the Russian government.. might be related to about a dozen of so deaths of Russian agents soon after the election. His advisor Stephen Bannon worked with Cambridge Analytica who had hired dozens of Russian agents and had a workgroup in St. Petersburg itself to influence the electorate on social media sites using data they stole from Facebook. Trump's good friend Roger Stone had inappropriate contact with Wikileaks (a known entity and an individual who is wanted by the FBI) in regard to the use of stolen data (by Russians) from the Democratic National Committee. His campaign manager and old friend Manafort is in prison for money laundering but he also gave polling data to a Russian agent. His advisor and son in law met with Russians to establish a secret communication line. There was a server in Trump Tower that was directly connected to one in Russia. He met unchaparoned multiple times with Putin an even denied the veracity of our intelligence in favor of Putin in Helsinki. He lied frequently regarding his contacts with Russians. These are all facts. There is not enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to convict.

I know Mueller has a stellar reputation but I have to question the omission in his investigation of not questioning/interviewing Don Trump Jr., Ivanka and Jared Kushner.

Perhaps he was told to wrap it up NOW and he submitted what he had. Who knows. We are being treated to a level of gaslighting the United States has never seen but is probably pretty familiar to the Germans, the Italians, the Spaniards, the Venezuelans, the Nicaraguans, the Philippinians, the Chinese, the Russian, the Ukranians, the North Koreans, The Turks, etc.

At any rate, don't be manipulated. Turn off the news and the twitter and other political BS for a couple weeks. His cabinet and his staff are trying to get everyone going. It is really obvious.  I kind of wish a house would fall on all of them but that isn't likely to happen but if you stand still and take a deep breath, you will see how desperate they all are. How intent they wish to ensnare your intellect and your heart and make you depressed and suicidal. Remember, we are the people with hope, creativity, love, intelligence and ideas. Their cackling are a mask of their fear of us. Trump and his group want to dampen our energy. The correct response is to deflect and raise your energy, make yourself stronger, happier, -- share the larger message, share your love and happiness and light with others.

Just don't feed the narcissists. Don't be motivated by the hate. Don't react to the bully kicking sand at you. That petty little man is no match for us. There is a different way. (Interestingly, this all jelled into my mind while decluttering a bunch of VHS tapes and found a David Carradine Tai Chi workout which made me think of his old tv series).

I think after this week, it may be good to get all the people of the light together to meditate and take that energy of the heavens and the earth and raise it up to our highest good, from all the love that has been given and continues to shine on us from our ancestors to the love that is yet to be expressed from our children and grandchildren, the joy of life of our pets and the life forces of the natural world and the positive potentials of the spirit inspired technologies we have yet to create.  

numerologist, Copper, Baba and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Rowsella, Your post is a much needed gift.  Yes turn off the negative news. The originators of the negative bullying want to brow beat progressives into submission.  This was their plan coordinated with Barr.  Support and help empower the progressives and the truth.  

Lawrence, deetoo, Lawrence and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I keep remembering what you said last month on the 21st: 

"Yesterday I heard Barr in my head saying to Trump, 'I can't totally muffle this thing. You have to face some of this.'  It implies that Barr will help Trump but not completely. 

I also feel, no, I know, that insiders will leak whatever is kept from the public."

So far, what we've heard from Barr is his attempt to "muffle this thing" to the extent that he can by first issuing a veiled, quick spin on a mere portion of the report.  As more and more of the report is progressively revealed/exposed/leaked, Trump et al will have to publicly face many irrefutable damning truths.  

numerologist, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@martin)
Reputable Member Registered

Can someone verify this for me; isn't Mercury in retrograde currently and wasn't it there when the report was released. Someone on a call in show today claimed this will eventually mean that what looked like a vindication for Trump will turn out to be far from that. 

BlueBelle, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Yes thanks Rowsella. Very uplifting and healing.

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 32
Share: