Ricin-a-Roni - The ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ricin-a-Roni - The Pentagon (ical) treat!

(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

My apologies to anyone related to the creator of the Rice-a-Roni jingle.....

So, Ricin was sent, in a letter to the Pentagon.  Is this real or a fake terrorist attack to distract from the Kavanaugh investigation, Russian Investigation, Gutting of Social Security by Congress, further tax cuts by the House, etc? 

I'm feeling the latter.  If this doesn't work, I guess the next step is to launch missiles at Iran, because they've been VERY UNFAIR to the US.

LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Given the recipients, my hunch would be that this is someone disgruntled with the Navy.  Perhaps someone who was discharged for misbehavior, or a veteran who feels that they somehow didn't get what they were promised.

Of course, it is still very early in the investigation.  I have my fingers crossed that this will remain an isolated incident.   

ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

It could be a disgruntled former sailor and i have no feeling either way on it, but this seems about the right time for a "terrorist attack" to galvanize the nation of voters against immigrants and turn attention away from other things like Manafort, Rosenstein, blaming Sessions for the border separations, and Kavanaugh.

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

CNN and Fox news correspondents have just posted on twitter saying that a third letter addressed to Trump was sent to the White House today.   However, I don't see anything on their official websites about this, or in any other news channels, so it may or may not be true.

Earlier today, there were reports that ricin was also sent to Ted Cruz's Texas office, but that apparently was not true.

So, stay tuned for more factual information.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/us/politics/ricin-pentagon-mail-poisoning.html

Initial tests on the mail delivered to the Pentagon tested positive for ricin. Additional letters mailed to Jim Mathis, Admiral Richardson, President Trump and Ted Cruz.

Ricin is a potentially fatal toxin naturally occurring in the Castor Oil plant. It is not something we would wish on anybody. The woman who sent a ricin laced letter to President Obama was found guilty and given 18 years sentence. We are so lucky that letter was caught first and not opened as I am about these.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can't get a handle on it.  My first thought is it's a mentally ill lone wolf  similar to the Fredericksburg shooter and Austin serial bomber. 

ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

When someone sends a biological weapon thru the mail, the one thing the public overlooks is that it might have contaminated other mail or sorting machines along the way. I just hope this one stayed fully contained and noone is hurt by this. With ricin we might not know for a day or two

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

A suspect is under arrest for mailing the letters.  He is a former Navy enlisted man.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/1-arrested-case-suspicious-letters-sent-trump-others-n916416

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: