Prince Harry & Megh...

Notifications
Clear all

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle engaged

(@warriorwitch)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Whoever predicted it for the announcement and wedding next spring was correct:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engaged/story?id=46148130

ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)

The young royals bring fresh wind into the old order of stiff British Royalty. Albeit born into one of the most privileged position society can offer you, I can't imagine their life being easy. Lost their mother so early and in such circumstances must have been extremely heartbreaking. Both Harry and William opened up about this loss and their grief recently. I think in working with their grief plus the love for and from Diana opened up deeper levels of understanding for them. Now Harry marries a biracial American divorced woman, unthinkable in the past...

I remember in his younger years Harry wore a nazi uniform to a party and the European MSM ripped him up for it. He seemed to have to matured quite a bit since then. Nevertheless, those men will be an incredible game-changer for the royal lineage, but a dignified one. I feel their compassion and the way they go about in the world is sincere and they can do will do a lot of good. Diana instilled this love into them, I think, she was quite extraordinary woman in her own ways. Anyway, I wish them well.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Twas me.  Surprised that I see this stuff since I don't follow or think much about the royals.  Their whole enterprise -- how they make and inherit money on the backs of others, is not my cup of tea.   But then I saw  Harry the other day leaning over a sick elephant  for the cameras, and I think, hopefully, well at least he's modeling concern for wild animals. So that is good service work if it can raise awareness, compared to what our U.S. executive branch models -- Trump's sons relishing killing these same animals for sport.   So maybe I'm seeing the Royals' big moments because they can be a force of good in the world! 

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Topic starter  

They are. And I suspect a lot if it is Diana's influence. Although Prince Charles has gotten into organic farming and sustainability in a big way. 

ReplyQuote
(@irisheyes)
New Member Registered

Anyone else getting a feeling that this wedding will not take place?

Every time I see a photo of them together, I hear "not going to happen."

I think money/a contract or pre-nup/ a fight over "us vs them" will split them apart, permanently.  But coming passings will also impact this couple. 

I also pick up 2 passings in the Family in the next 4 months, one an older member and one a younger member. The older member is not really a surprise, but the younger one is a complete shock. I see the scene from Downton Abbey where the guy was killed in a car crash on the day of his child's birth - sadly, I think a car crash in a wooded area will be the cause of this sudden passing. It will tie Harry tighter to the Firm/Family, as he will be needed as support following the sudden passing, and Ms. Markle's plans to take Harry to live in the US in 2019 will be foiled. Geography is another reason for their split. 

It gives me no pleasure to relay this information, I do not wish ill to anyone.  I think that the wedding will in fact not occur at all, due to the date falling in the period of mourning required by protocol, leading to postponement and then cancellation. Harry is about to go through significant loss, and it will change his view of the world in a big way. Sadly, like the loss of Diana, his mother, another car crash will pierce his world and change his plans. I think he is smart and will get necessary professional help to get through the grieving, and this will help him cope long-term. I see him walking behind 2 coffins in the first half of 2019, one where he will be stoic and the second where he will be in great distress, despite his best efforts to control himself. 

I see a family moving after the second passing, and security issues due to this move. And a nation in deep mourning again, just as after the passing of Diana.  This is a real tragedy, and will affect the line of succession, as it currently stands. The stress of the second passing will wreak health effects on other older members of the Family, and may precipitate a retirement and withdrawal from public life for more than one. The need for a Royal Family at all will be publicly debated yet again, as matters stand, the fact that the loss of one person throws the entire thing into question is a sad sidebar to the sadness. 

Tough year ahead for the Windsors. A new baby is coming, true, but there is a tragedy that will overshadow all of it, and a wedding that will never take place in the wake of that terrible loss. 

Avalon and Avalon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@carolyn)
New Member Registered

I think Prince Harry and Meghan make a cute couple.  They certainly photograph well together, as evidenced by the engagement photos.  However, I too get the feeling that something is off about this couple.   If they do marry, I'm not sure it will be a happy union.   I don't feel that they are compatible.   Once the passion fades in their relationship, what will they have left?

ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

Yes!! I too am feeling something is off. Their chemistry is just weird. Yesterday they barely looked at each other at the church and he keeps putting one of his hands in his coat when they walk together. I sense he feels pressured to marry but he’s still in love with Chelsy Davy. She was the one but she doesn’t want to be a royal. As for Meghan she is caught up in the fairy tale but is coming to realize this life ain’t all its cracked up to be. 

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Well, the British Royal Family is not as popular in the UK as it is in the USA. A large part of the UK population detest them, see them as conservative, reactionary, and a ridiculous Feudal imposition on the UK  in the 21st century. They were elected by no one, have a dreadful family history, that would make the Soprano's look like Eagle Scouts, and Charles, in particular, is utterly detested as being in some way responsible for Diana's death. Hye is very unpopular. His marriage to his former mistress, who he had a relationship with while married to diana, is particularly disliked. A large section of the UK population believes that Diana was murdered. I am saying all this as usa people seem to have a rather idealistic view of the UK Royals. We do not. The country is split along political lines on this, with conservatives being monarchists, and the left being not particularly fond of them. In this mess, there are also rather serious issues about the legitimacy of Prince Harry, with wide belief that he is actually the son of one of Diana's lovers. So, not the "Kardasians". More like the Soprano's. Irish eyes has done a rather accurate forecast of events. I concur with her. Things are not going to play out as people seem to think they will. I think the marriage will go ahead, but the situation will make it very rocky. In the meantime, the Uk has other, rather more pressing problems. The Uk is breaking up, under the sheer stress of BREXIT. The Scots are very angry, and will use their Scottish Parliamentry vote on the BREXIT deal (yes,  the Scots have a devolved Government) and are determined to block it. also, a majority of  Scots do not like the Royal family. They  regard them is not legitimate and having been imposed on them. The Queen is a dual Monarchy, over the English and Scottish states, but is hated in large parts of Scotland. In Northern Ireland, where the situation is dire, after the BREXIT vote, a a majority of the population do not accept her as a legitimate head of state at all, and the Northern part of Ireland is still under British political and military control, and the majority of people there are just furious, as the london government is now forcing them out of the EU, and there is going to a hard border imposed with the South, like the border between the USA and Mexico that trump wants. This is causing a collapse of the peace treaty that stopped the recent irish war, 20 years ago. The Royal family, as you can see from all this, are now totally entangled in all this, are not popular, and are themselves a problem. I am saying all this as I am a UK resident and an irish citizen. I would not normally comment at all on this issue, as it is really like writing about hollywood celebs, etc. But in reality, the Royal family are a huge uk problem. Thats why i am commenting. What i will say, is that the UK Royals are essentially finished. BREXIT is going to destroy them, as a figurehead for the UK. What "Irish eyes" has forecast on here is very grim, but it is essentially what I am getting. A lot of people here will be very unhappy, with this coming on top of the BREXIT crisis, which is going to trigger a crisis in scotland like that of catalynya in Spain, and ditto in Northern Ireland. We are seeing, over the next 60 months, the breakup of the UK, and the seperation of Scotland and Northern Ireland, from England. Sorry to say all of this, but I am finally coming out, on the Uk internal situation. We are in crisis here, and the fate of the British Royal Family is deeply entwined within it. It will seem, when it starts, like one hammer blow after another. Zoron. 

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kcking)
Estimable Member Registered

Zoron,  Thank you for this explanation.  As an American I have never understood the US fascination with the Royal family.  I'm so sorry that the UK is having such difficulty but hopefully it will be for the best in the long run.  I too believe that the marriage  of Harry and Meghan is very weak and will have problems.  I hope the best for the UK.

ReplyQuote
(@hererightnow)

Zoron, I don't know one person that feels the way you said about the Royals.  The only people that don't like the royals are the nasty Daily Mail readers.  Scotland and the Royals also have a long and warm relationship.  Back in 2013, Alex Salmond said if Scotland became independent, he would still want the Queen as head of state.

ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)

I feel along the lines of what HereRightNow said, and would disagree that the Royals are a a 'huge uk problem'. I don't feel that there is that much disdain for the Royals here -I would say some are more popular than others, with the queen and Diana's sons at the top of the popularity list. There are of course those who would agree that perhaps the Royals are not that relevant any more, but by and large my impression (as a UK citizen) is that a great deal of the population like having them. And I do think most have a certain respect for the Queen. (I'm not a Royalist so I don't think I'm writing that with bias). If anything, Diana's sons have brought a renewed love of the Royals because they appear more modern and approachable (and because of the tradgedy of Diana - people remember what happened to the boys and felt for them). I think if  Diana hadn't married Charles and he'd have married some typical upper class traditionalist, and the Royals carried on in their outdated ways,  the Royals would have become less popular by now.

I don't get the impression that something is off with Megan and Harry. If you look at their eyes when they are looking at and talking to one another you can see they are smitten with each other. It's in their body language too.  If anything, I think that is the issue - not them being in love, but the speed with which they are marrying. While it's not unusual for people to get married after only a year and a half or so, my personal opinion is it's too soon,  for as Carolyn suggest once the passion fades what is left, so  one has to be careful that there is a good foundation first, and love isn't being blind (and there could be an element of Harry seeing characteristics of his mother in her - she seems genuinly nice, very charitable etc., and that's why he's drawn to her). But people have and have had successful marriages after a very short time knowing each other (I like caution:)  ).

They do seem to have things in common, and one could argue they have spend a lot of time together (if you listen to all of their interview about how they met etc. ) so they know each other fairly well. I personally think it's a genuine relationship, not a sham arranged one like Diana and Charles' was, and I think both son's will have been affected by what happened with Charles and Diana, and have sought the opposite in their lives, i.e. to have genuine love relationships.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

RunestoneOne, Grace, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

I concur with you zoron I think Scotland will be a huge newsmaker in the next few months. During a recent visioning I and another person saw tartan. The government really screwed the pooch with brexit. They shouldn’t have depended on one flawed vote. What a mess.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Re the warmth of scotland's people for the Royal family, and support for the monarcy in scotland, the polls, a year ago, showed that 55% of Scots want an independent Republic. They would vote to leave that way, now, and be a Republic. Also, the entire issue of the artistocracy in scotland is bound up with this. A number of ancient aristocratic families still own about half of scotland. Some own up to a million acres. This land is not used for any  productive purpose, and is a very sore point with the Scots. Support for royalty is very much class  and age based. Grass roots and young people are not strong supporters of the Monarchy. Well, I have made my predictions, and they support the postings of  "irish eyes" on here. Time will tell who is right.

ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Something in Meghan Markle's favor is that being a New World actress, she's more used to being under public scrutiny.  She can 'act' the proper role in public without feeling unnatural, which may be part of her attraction.  As for the down side of Royal Family prognostications--I had twinged a bit on the Very Senior Gentleman's passage, and the Queen needing to step back for the sake of mourning. 

Why do Americans care? We have a Bad Child as leader, and wish Mommy would step in & box his ears. I can't tell you how many cartoons I've seen of the US begging the Queen to 'take us back.'  Where some folk in the UK see monsters, in the US we see a kind of unshakeable stability.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Zoron has a last word on the British Royal family. Part scanning part from public sources. 

Firstly, a lot of English people, in England, who form the  bulk of the UK population, do support the Monarchy. But not elsewhere. In Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, the situation is different. In Northern Ireland, which is not part of southern Ireland, (which is an independent Sovereign Republic, like the United states) but in fact, is still part of the UK, and under British Rule, and military control, things are different. More than half of the population are anti-Monarch, anti-British rule,  and want to be reunited with Southern Ireland. There was  recently a 37 year guerrilla war in the North,  (ended by an international peace treaty)  But a majority there do not want the English crown ruling over them. Likewise, in Scotland, a majority of people do not want the crown. In wales, it is half and half. So much for the "British" wanting the Monarchy. Sadly, a lot of Americans do not understand that "Britain" is not a single country, its a collection of ancient kingdoms united by force under English domination, and most of whom hate what BREXIT is going to do to them. There is a general feeling that the other States in the Union here are going to have to find their own way in the World, and that most will be independent at some point in the next 20 years, or sooner. This is going to result in tragedy, for the people concerned. Scotland has offshore oil reserves that are huge, about half of all European oil. England has almost none. Much else, that I could explain. I am sorry to sound harsh, but people here are mostly located in the USA, and have little or no real understanding of our situation over here. It is a very serious one. The present right wing Conservative Government rigged both the recent election, and the BREXIT referendum. This is now all coming out, as it was american conservative money that was used to do this, and it is connected to the criminal inquiries going on in America into the Trump crime family. Dreadful. Please, do not have some rosy, tourist brochure view of the UK. It is in terminal decline. (see above). Sigh. life here is getting increasingly horrible, as BREXIT rolls on. The UK Government, for instance, has started illegally deporting EU citizens, even though UK is still part of the EU until April, 2019. The fear, anxiety and anger being caused by BREXIT is probably on a scale with the USA crisis that led to your civil war. Feudal royals are the least of it, but are part of it. 

Lola, Paul W, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@avalon)
Eminent Member Registered

Irish Eyes....I just had to share with you and everyone that I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same Royal (younger individual that passes) but I have had the same vision for years. This "popular" heir to the throne will not live into old age (will pass young). I never got a specific timeline as to when or how but that gave me chills when I read your post. And, I always saw Prince Harry as having to step in for a period to take the reigns (not as King but as an interim fill-in). I really, really hope I am wrong on this but I've seen it for years but just couldn't bring myself to even imagine such a tragedy. 

ReplyQuote
Share: