Peter Thiel for Pre...

Notifications
Clear all

Peter Thiel for President?

(@carmen)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm new here and if I have posted this in the wrong subforum, please move it to its appropriate place. Thank you. :-)

Several days ago, I was watching a Netflix original program about the fiasco between Gawker and Hulk Hogan and how Peter Thiel helped to bring Gawker down.

When the program started to discuss Peter Thiel, I heard my inner guidance speak out "That man will become President". It kind of made me go "Say what?!" and I still find it kind of hard to believe that he could (As far as I know, he has never hinted at a run) but considering he's pro-Trump and we have Trump as our current President, you never know.

I haven't done any further reading into it and usually, when my inner guidance speaks once on a subject but never bothers me again about it and I'll usually leave it alone until whatever my inner guidance predicted comes to fruition and makes me go "Oh crap, it really did happen."

Side Note: This same inner guidance spoke to me back in summer 2016 declaring that Trump was going to be elected but the rational part of me just couldn't accept it. Maybe I should take it more seriously than what I do.

Have any of you picked up anything on Peter Thiel? I do know there has been a prediction made on here about a right-wing stronghold until the mid 2020s and while Trump may not be re-elected in 2020, could it possibly be someone else just like him or worse?

Also, I want to say I enjoy this forum! I've been reading the blog for a while and was quite excited when Jeanne created the forum but I didn't sign-up until my inner guidance said to do so recently. I'm happy to be here and hope I can contribute greatly. Thank you!

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

I just wanted to welcome you to the family, Carmen! Sending my love and protection to you.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

Gosh no! How hard can it be to find somebody compassionate and qualified to do this job? I'm sick of all these celebrities and billionaires. (Btw, I believe Paul Ryan might surface again to run for president. I think he hopes the memory of the American citizen is short enough to remember him as that soulless ghoul he is.) I hope you are wrong, Carmen. Both of Thiel's parents are German and I believe the natural born citizenship clause would prevent him from running... unless everything is in shambles by 2020.

Also, welcome Carmen!

BlueBelle, Laynara, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

what I pick up on Peter Thiel, is not to trust him at all.  He's a Trump supporter, and whether you knew of this or not, Peter is Gay.  so having him as a loyal friend and supporter of Trump is mind boggling.

however, having said that, Peter is a Libertarian aka Tea party, now aka 'Freedom Caucus' the far right fanatics of Congress and the US Senate.

Peter sat on the board for Facebook and is responsible for the latest fiasco on privacy rights violated by the Russian meddling.  I feel Peter had alot to do with the algorithm that helped the Russians' cyber-warfare on Facebook and other social media sites.

He recently left Facebook to start his own company "Oracle" and has been keeping a low profile.

Odd you think he'll be President one day.  He does not strike me to be that type; he's actually a very quiet man, so I would think he would not like the limelight or being in public office.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Point of Clarification: Oracle has been around for a while and was founded by Larry Ellison. Thiel is a Venture Capitalist with no job as founder or CEO of any company.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

actually he is a CEO and is actively working.

He was on the board for Facebook, and recently left to continue his company "Palantir Technologies" and not "Oracle" my mistake.

In May 2003, Thiel incorporated Palantir Technologies, a big data analysis company named after the Tolkien artifact, and continues to serve as its chairman as of 2018. Thiel stated that the idea for the company was based on the realization that "the approaches that PayPal had used to fight fraud could be extended into .. please continue to read further at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thiel

ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

Guys, Thiel is just another scaredy-cat with an existential crisis that he is trying to mask with a power grab. There is no need to give people like him attention he doen't deserve. See:

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/post-your-news-items-here-not-predictions-just-news/trump-campaign-weaponized-data-peter-thiel/

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

I agree but to me, he does come off as comatose..  his world view is just too narrow for my taste.

He strikes me as a power hungry incredibly lonely Gay Dude.

MayBerryStars

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Peter Thiel also helped fund Cambridge Analytica and was a huge Trump supporter/donor.   

https://mashable.com/2018/03/22/facebook-peter-thiel-cambridge-analytica/#5bUOtGFPEPqV

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

I believe the timing of his departure from Facebook had everything to do with the Cambridge Analytica scandal.  He claimed to needing to go back to his Palanter Tech startup company.  something about needing to continue his vision there.  whatever that means.

I know he had a lot to do with implementing algorthium that helped Trump win the Presidential election.  Thiel is part of the conspiracy to change the political landscape to suit his Libertarian agenda which is to help the Billionaires.

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Agree, Mayberrystars.  Peter Thiel is in tight with the Mercers.  

ReplyQuote
(@carmen)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys!

Thank you all for your wonderful responses that have given me a sense of reason. I'll admit, it's a head scratch for me and I don't know why I received that random message so out of the blue. I do find it hard to believe that it could happen and hopefully this nation will not get so chaotic that it will happen.

Whew, I love this place. Provides me with calm and reassurance in this very untested waters era we are currently living in.

Thank you.  ? 

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: