Pete Buttigieg  

RSS

(@jholmes)
Registered
06/04/2019 8:44 pm  

How much I miss that thoughtfulness and compassion!

Yes! I miss Obama so much. I love especially the pics of him with kids. He has such a kind spirit. Pete reminds me of that. It's so sad that Fox News managed to brainwash nearly half of America into thinking that Obama "did nothing" and was a terrible president. And Mitch McConnell stonewalled everything he tried to do. I can only hope that whichever Dem gets into the WH next (assuming there is one), they are blessed to have a fairer shake. 

That whole Capehart interview with Pete is terrific!

Lawrence, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Registered

Lawrence liked
ReplyQuote
(@jholmes)
Registered
06/12/2019 10:39 pm  

Cool article from Black Cosmo re calling him a "dark horse." Thanks for posting that Saibh.

Pete recently gave a comprehensive Foreign Policy speech. It talked about a lot of things, but one of the things that resonated the most with me was that idea the world needs a strong US that can lead by example on human rights, climate change, and a host of other issues--but only if we first clean up our own house. 

Here's the speech: https://www.c-span.org/video/?461635-1/pete-buttigieg-delivers-speech-national-security-foreign-policy

Pete has such a pure heart. I don't know if he can take the nomination. He's in it to win it for sure, and he's crazy talented, but it's hard coming from zero name recognition and with all the forces out of his control. He already has the Russian bot army slinging dirt against him on social media. I pray for him. It seems to me this is a soul who could do enormous good if given the opportunity.

ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Registered
06/13/2019 10:34 am  

I would love to see a Warren/Buttigieg ticket if it were up to me.

Lilinoe and Laura F. liked
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Registered
06/13/2019 11:06 am  

me too, TriciaCT.  Smart down to earth comman sense.  Both seem to really care about this country.

TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@jholmes)
Registered
06/13/2019 8:50 pm  

Yeah, that would be awesome. I also like Buttigieg/Abrams.

Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
06/14/2019 10:09 pm  

I agree that either Warren/Buttigieg or Buttigieg/Abrams would be a great ticket.  I'm not even concerned about the order (i.e., Pres/VP), although I would like to finally see a woman President.  

I'm actually a little sorry that so many qualified people are running -- kind of insane for a debate stage!  Although I am looking forward to watching the debates two weeks from now. 

Whoever ends up getting the Dem nomination should be a fearless warrior, with that pure heart you've described, to clean up the icky mess.   

TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@jholmes)
Registered
06/14/2019 10:13 pm  

Has anyone in this group looked at the horoscope or laid cards for Buttigieg or Warren? Curious to see the influences.

ReplyQuote
Share: