World Predictions Forum

World Predictions Forum2019-04-12T14:28:48-04:00

Pete Buttigieg  

RSS

(@lawrence)
Eminent Member Registered
04/15/2019 6:58 pm  

Love Mayor Pete's intelligence and vibrant spiritual energy. Like others here, he gave me hope and healing after these two dreadful years of negativity. Also have good vibs from Harris. Thinking this might be the winning ticket. I also told a friend recently that a GOP candidate will run against T and cause him considerable damage. Heard that Weld just announced today. And important to remember, T has rapidly declining cognitive abilities. As I've stated before, I feel he has dementia like his father and it's quite advanced. T may not even be the picture.

numerologist, Unk p, MDianne and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
04/16/2019 10:06 pm  

I have been hearing about this man. I have not really been paying much attention to the candidates.. just going on general feelings.

I did watch a town hall with Amy Klobochar and liked her, she seems like one of those people who puts her head down and works her butt off and is grudgingly given credit. Kirsten Gillibrand is also like that. She could do a great job but I think she will bow out early on. Her outspokenness/spokesperson in the Senate on MeToo and Franken.. I think it is held against her despite it being all of the Democrats in the Senate that recommended he resign after about 15 women came out.

I have a lot of respect for Elizabeth Warren but feel she will be "Hilloried"

Beto... well, I am sure he is a great guy and all but not enough ummm.. gravitas? His fans love all the live video and moment to moment Beto.. it seems a bit narcissistic to others. Playing a young Bobby Kennedy type on YouTube is not exactly the same as being a young Bobby Kennedy type.

(I guess I am a bit of a curmudgeon and not at all excited/entranced with the young congresspeople's social media skills. I feel like they come off half-cocked. They are very passionate but intemperate in their communications.)

Kamala Harris- I am impressed with her intellect and communications skills. She is really high functioning in every role she takes on-- a hard worker. I don't know how relatable she will be for the Midwest. I see her taking on criticism from the Bernie Sanders crowd as not passing a purity test. 

Bernie Sanders- I am not enthused with this candidate. He is raising a lot of money right now but as the race tightens, I can see him being superseded. He is having his moment in the sun right now but he seems as prickly/sensitive/secretive as Trump.

Joe Biden- I have some affection for him but ultimately, I don't feel him winning the primaries.

Inslee-- I think he is the guy who wants to put Repubicans in his cabinet--nonstarter.

Mayor Pete... he is getting a lot of buzz but I cannot picture him, will have to check him out -- I have no feelings about him yet.

Schultz-- he may have a book coming out he wants to sell.

Booker-- I think he will exit like Gillibrand. His stand on some issues are widely criticized as being influenced or protecting some corporate interests and I don't know that he will be able to overcome this. He is a capable leader, maybe just not the one for this cycle.

I can't keep up with all the rest/not really serious contenders.

CDeanne, deetoo, numerologist and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Trusted Member Registered
04/16/2019 10:33 pm  

I love this analysis, Rowsella.  It's so clear-eyed and level-headed. And I can't agree more with your takes on Beto and Bernie. 

As for Buttigieg, keep on eye on him. There's been some speculation on this forum that he will be a strong dark-horse candidate. I haven't watched any of his speeches, but everyone seems to be gushing about his combination of Midwestern pragmatism and coastal sensibilities (he is openly gay and married). 

ReplyQuote
(@jholmes)
Active Member Registered
04/17/2019 12:47 pm  

If you haven't seen Pete yet,  check out his full interview with Rachel Maddow. It's incredibly strong.

https://vimeo.com/330690996

deetoo and Lawrence liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
04/17/2019 1:14 pm  

I totally agree about Mayor Pete's interview with Rachel.  Also, I'd heard that he is in the process of scheduling a town hall (I think) with Fox News.  

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)
04/17/2019 6:01 pm  

Has anyone thrown cards about him yet? I did because I was worried that he may be too good to be true... I'm still a novice so not sure what to make of it but I did get a lot of money cards, partnership and some mystery associated with it: Queen of Pentacles came up twice, 10 of Pentacles, four of pentacles, the Moon, and Two of cups.

At the same time, every time I hear him speak I am more and more impressed.

ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
04/18/2019 5:31 pm  

I am really guarded when I hear about people "swooning" over a candidate. Finding their take on the issues --and being interested is one thing. I just feel that checking off all the boxes on identity politics is probably the wrong approach. I don't want to fall in love with a candidate, I want to feel energised by their ideas and passion for the people and traditional ideals of this country.

CDeanne liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
See World Predictions 2018 & Beyond

Working

Please Login or Register