People Will Begin t...

Notifications
Clear all

People Will Begin to Turn Towards States and Local Governments during the 2020's

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

It's time for this topic to be more than just a prediction because it is now happening.  This direction is part of the Great Turning.  

California is leading the way.  But NY State has also been taking on a greater role of caring for its people. NY Governor Andrew Cuomo has become an inspiring leader of his people as they face a devastating surge in Covid cases.  The Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker has also criticized Trump for his failure and explained how Illinois has had to fight for ventilators and PPE for their hospitals. 

People will walk away from the Federal Government and focus on State and local Government.  (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted each year from 2014, 15, 16, 17. 

California will become as close to a separate country as possible without seceding. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted on the Prediction Page  in 2017 for some time during or after 2020.

There may be other people who have made similar predictions on this site. If you find them please let me know so I can post them.

Zoron also had predicted the U.S. would break into several countries at one point. He detailed the different regions he saw. That hasn't happened literally, at least not yet, and I find it hard to see how the federal government would ever allow it to happen, but the federal bungling of the pandemic response is moving the country in that direction. 

1586577935-Screen-Shot-2020-04-07-at-91321-PM.png

Shawn, lenor, Parizienne and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

A couple of night about in MSNBC Gavin Newson referred to California as a 'nation state" several times.  I found that so be so interesting. He definitely has plans for it to act as as its now country as much as possible.

If California, ILL, NY and a few other states started a consortium (to many ends, including universal health care), they could by pass the Fed govt. altogether. The filibuster would be meaningless. Red states senators could try to block progress, but the blue states would implement big changes and the red states could either follow of be left out. I think this is a real possibility. A remaining question is will the blue states continue to foot the bill in the way of taxes they pay to the fed gov't that support red America. I know my friends in NY are pissed about that. Look for a tax revolt int he future, or a repeal of the 2017 tax scam law.

lenor, seaturtle26, Parizienne and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 D
(@dee)
Reputable Member Registered

I feel such a huge sense of relief knowing that my state government is looking out after us. And a feeling of pride in my state (California.) 

ghandigirl, lenor, Parizienne and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

lenor, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jessi1978

@jeanne-mayell

I think these consortiums represent a hit - that the US would divide up into smaller "countries", and also that CA would very much be like its own country, but without seceding.

Also very proud to live in CA, happy we can work with our neighbors to the North, in fact, many of us here, since 2016, have wanted to form a country called "Pacifica" of CA-OR-WA, so this is as close as we can get to that. I also hope going forward we can make some of our own trade agreements with B.C. Canada.

ghandigirl, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f

I'm proud to be a resident of Oregon. I was really happy to see that the west coast is working in solidarity. 

lenor, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f

Speaking from North Carolina, please don't leave the USA! We've been struggling to take back our democracy from the GOP, who won't even allow a budget vote to take place if the democratic state reps are present--they've done all sorts of tricks to try to pass the budget without them. One Example. If the west coast actually seceded, we'd have less hope of a legit federal government and any oversight to protect us. Many of us in red states can't afford to move, nor to people necessarily want to leave their homes. Some of our states are really "purple" anyway. Perhaps there will be more power in state and local governments, but we need some kind of balance and oversight at the federal level to protect civil rights for all citizens. Obviously it is failing us right now, but that can change in January!

Coyote, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@laura-f

I like how this was announced before T went on to say the he has “total authority” as the President to open the economy but that he would work with the governors. 

My favorite part..Governors on both costs hammered the notion that their decisions will be driven by facts, science and public health professionals, not politics.

So happy to have the governors working together. Especially since I live in NY and my son lives in Delaware. Hoping to eventually seeing my son in a couple of months. 

Shawn, BlueBelle, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Posted by: @herondreams

@laura-f

Speaking from North Carolina, please don't leave the USA! We've been struggling to take back our democracy from the GOP, who won't even allow a budget vote to take place if the democratic state reps are present--they've done all sorts of tricks to try to pass the budget without them. One Example. If the west coast actually seceded, we'd have less hope of a legit federal government and any oversight to protect us. Many of us in red states can't afford to move, nor to people necessarily want to leave their homes. Some of our states are really "purple" anyway. Perhaps there will be more power in state and local governments, but we need some kind of balance and oversight at the federal level to protect civil rights for all citizens. Obviously it is failing us right now, but that can change in January!

As much as we'd love to secede, it won't happen, it would lead to all out civil war because it really is illegal (see: Sedition Act).  So don't worry!

BlueBelle, deetoo, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Here in Kentucky we have a Govenor who has become a leader and a calming force for the state.  Of course Moscow Mitch and Crazy Rand along with that idiot Massie have done nothing.  The governor resteicted church services and had police take license numbers of those who didn't stay home.  They got a ticket that 'quarentines them for two weeks (I believe).  All the Reps MM, Rand and Massie wer outraged that the govenor would resrtict religious rights.  Cn you spell pander to the bible belt?  Of course they are dead silent on the lack of test and equipment to fight the virus.  I only ope Mitch loses this November he's done.

lenor, LalaBella, seaturtle26 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@laura-f. Agree.  It's the beginning of the weakening of the federal government. 

FEBbby23, deetoo, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

In today’s briefing by Cuomo burned Trump in a nice not nasty child manner that T is use to dishing out. I love this quote that he used 

State governments possess inherent advantages, which will ever give them an influence & ascendency over the Nat'l Gov & will forever preclude the possibility of federal encroachments. That their liberties can be subverted by the federal head is repugnant...” —Alexander Hamilton

“I don’t know what the president is talking about, frankly,” Cuomo told NBC. “We have a constitution … we don’t have a king … the president doesn’t have total authority.”

We don’t have a king in this country,” the governor said. “We didn’t want a king. So we have a constitution and elect a president.”

I put my hand out in total partnership and cooperation with the president,” Mr. Cuomo said. “If he wants a fight he’s not going to get it from me, period. This is going to take us working together. We have a real challenge ahead.” 

Trump does not want to work with the governors he wants to be able to say that he did all the work and reopened the economy all by himself. He wants to take credit so he can use it at his hate filled rallies

FEBbby23, lenor, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@jessi1978

“I don’t know what the president is talking about, frankly,” Cuomo told NBC. “We have a constitution … we don’t have a king … the president doesn’t have total authority.”

We don’t have a king in this country,” the governor said. “We didn’t want a king. So we

have a constitution and elect a president.”

Looks like Donnie was a poor student, even in junior high:

No More Kings by Schoolhouse Rock https://youtu.be/cAZ8QJgFHOg

FEBbby23, lenor, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

I'll just leave this here:

A Break-up Is Now On the Table

ghandigirl, Amyv, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

The midwestern governors just announced their own compact -- MI, OH, MN, IL, IN, WI, KY, promising to work together to decide when to open their economies back up. Add those to the East and West Coast partnerships, and you have half the country. Most of these govs are dems but some are republicans, just not psycho. This is the way the country moves forward. If republicans keep trying to obstruct progress at the fed level, the states can form their own alliances and make decisions on their own. It's sweet irony that the states' rights BS the GOP has been pushing for decades has now turned back to bite them. Love it.

lenor, LalaBella, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@lynnventura That sounds great, given that Trump calling himself a "dictator" knowing that it's likely a distraction from his COVID-19 incompetence. Are we seeing states opening up by next month at the earliest?

lenor, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Cuomo just extended the closures in NY until May 15, but no one here thinks anything will reopen until after memorial day.  My office is planning for work-from-home for the entire summer, with some people rotating in and out of the physical offices.  Not sure about the other states, but in the NE I don't see things getting back to normal anytime soon.

ghandigirl, lenor, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Here in CA our governor is [correctly] not giving us definitive timing. From what I'm hearing buzzing about, we are prepared to carry this through to the end of June. CA schools may not reopen in Fall, it's TBD.

FEBbby23, lenor, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@laura-f I'm curious where you've heard this, not because I doubt your word, but because I need to try to keep track of it so I can notify my workplace.  I'm currently on medical quarantine due to health conditions until the shelter-in-place order is rescinded, and the last info I had about it was that it was extended through May 4.  Any info or links would be appreciated.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

I wouldn't be surprised that another reason why the states will be more stringent in boarder state crossing is due to wanting to protect their own eco systems and contain foreign pests beyond the boarders like the Giant Asian Hornet. I can see parts of the east coast states scrambling to protect themselves from the spread of the hornets via by stringent checks with the shipments, postage and such from other parts of the US.

An example that is already happening is Australia. They done so in the past, even if it originated from interstate, due to our unique eco-system that are vastly different to one and another in each state, plus we have our own issues of foreign pests wrecking havoc in the past like the Sugar Cane Toads. They were first introuduced in Queensland years ago, hoping they protect the sugar cane industry. Not only they didn't, but also cause so much harm in the eco-system. Which is why Australian interstates were very insistant on checking shipments and postages, as they want to contain the sugar cane toads in one area, rather spreading out into a bigger problem.

Let alone an actual overseas specimens setting foot on our shores.

Perhaps it's the begining of states in the US being more self reliant on themselves, along with the COVID issues.

Coyote, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: