Notifications
Clear all

Mitch McConnell

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm starting this thread after seeing this YTube video of Robert Reich showing what exactly Mitch is purposely not acting on even though the house has passed many bi-partisan bills.  Wondering what anyone sees happening to him come November and those judges Trump has appointed in the court of appeals that have lifetime appointments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18fQ5TGblY

Stargazer, lenor, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@triciact

I have been wondering about the judges too. 

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

This post is for everyone in this community.  

Enjoy!

While visiting my mom this week, we went to a restaurant in Venice, CA for dinner.  On the drink menu was this beverage:  

Moscow Mitch Kentucky Mule

bourbon, cock n'bull ginger beer, lime mint

To help beat Mitch, go to : kydemocrats.org

That last line was in read.

Needless to say, I took a photo of the menu, and thought it was the greatest thing I had seen in a awhile.  

This is how we resist.

BlueBelle, JourneyWithMe2, Parizienne and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Hahaha. A new place in town a distillery/pub combination did something similar but while the drinks were popular to some there was massive negarive protests of inequality, political prejudice, etc etc etc 

I think the fallout made them pull them but I don't  know for sure, I just know the owners at that point were seriously considering lost revenue from the threats.

PamP, lenor, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I have the intuition that he is going to succumb to Covid-19.

Pikake, lenor, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

Right now much of Congress are home in their districts, but when they come back Covid-19 will come with them.

I see the Capitol Building shrouded with old fashioned mourning banners with the flag at half-mast and coffins being carried out of it at night. People are yelling, carrying pitchforks and torches, and are surrounding the building. There is also fireworks in the background so I'm guessing this is in July. 

Pikake, VestraLux, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@whaleinashed)
Eminent Member Registered

Someone posted this today and I'm wondering what is going on here. Does anyone have any insight? (It's a post by Occupy Democrats).

lenor, tybin, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@whaleinashed. Hi, Welcome to the Forum!  For security reasons, our software deletes links for the first few posts.  You could send that link to me using the contact form and then I can post it here.  

It sounds ominous.  But nothing surprises me now.  

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

Maybe it’s about the discoloration beneath his nose and on his hands? I saw the picture on Twitter 

lenor, lenor, Anonymous and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes, I saw the photo and Snopes says it is a real associate press photo.

This image is indeed an Associated Press photograph of the U.S. senator from Kentucky, taken on Oct. 20 and captioned as follows:

Snopes: “Hands of U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are seen as he talks to the media after the Republican policy luncheon on Capitol Hill in Washington on October 20, 2020. Photo by Yuri Gripas/Abaca/Sipa USA”

Why McConnell’s hands exhibit purplish bruises and bandages has prompted much speculation, with guesses ranging from claims that the senator has contracted COVID-19 to the possibility that he has a vascular disease and/or is undergoing dialysis and is taking blood thinners. As neither McConnell nor any of his representatives have publicly commented on his condition, a definitive answer is not yet available. 

My thought is he's taking anti-coagulants and he had a small accident or had to go to the ER and they put him on IVs and that caused excessive bruising and explains the bandaides.

lenor, earthangel, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  a valid point made in this article : the people of Kentucky need to know about it and his physical fitness for office. In a time when furor over Pelosi's haircut and in 2016 Hillary's pneumonia... shouldn't we know what is going on with him ?  https://www.thelist.com/265634/heres-why-everyone-is-talking-about-mitch-mcconnells-hands/?utm_campaign=clip

BlueBelle, kksali, 2ndfdl and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Its not just his hands, its on his face(upper lip) too. This leads me to believe it was a fall and he is on a strong dosage of anticoagulants. 

If he fell forward and braced himself with his hands but still hit his face, it would completely explain it all. 

Isabelle, tybin, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

Mitch McConnell had polio as a child (ironically, he went to the treatment center in Warm Springs, Georgia set up by FDR in order to offer help to fellow survivors of the disease). And I wonder if he has post-polio syndrome, which causes increasing muscle deterioration and can affect a polio survivor decades after the fact?

My aunt has PPS, and it's a difficult situation to deal with. I feel for Mitch McConnell, while also being astonished/perplexed/angry that someone who experiences such health issues himself could deny others the right to health care.

Isabelle, Ms. C., Vesta and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@mas1581 He fell last month, as well ... it was widely shared on video. Makes me question his wellness and fitness for office, but he's so greedy and rotten to the core he will likely be sitting behind his desk like some crooked version of Miss Havisham.

Vesta, Stargazer, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

@saibh

You just had to reference Great Expectations didnt you? That was the most influential book in my life, but in a semi negative way. Freshman year of HS English we had to read it for the final and I discovered Cliffs notes so I could get out of reading it. Failed the final miserably and ended up having to repeat the class in summer, where I had a great teacher that gave me a true love of reading. 

I've always seen him as more of Jesse's mother from Preacher(tv show was ok but graphic novel was actually much better). If you haven't seen it, she consumed the souls of youth and health to stay alive. Deranged and abusive, she spent her life sucking the life out of everyone around her to keep herself going before ultimately being killed by someone possessing the power of the hand of God.  

BlueBelle, Vesta, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @mas1581

That was the most influential book in my life, but in a semi negative way.

I feel much the same way, but for different reasons. 

Our 9th grade English teacher seemed the epitome of Miss Havisham as we read the book for class.  The class under "Mrs. Edwards" was at best a rite of passage and shared experience to joke about at High School reunions, at worst a traumatizing experience for many.  Mrs. Edwards never let anyone slouch in class, lectured folks on proper use of English, and always seemed to call on you that exact moment your attention lapsed during her class.  Everyone in the class was always on high alert, and she embarrassed and made examples of folks for the slightest things including not understanding the materials.

She was probably close to retirement when I had her class.  She wore bright red lipstick and was totally immaculate in her old-fashioned dresses.  Some of us suspected she was a vampire. She's probably long gone by now from both teaching and life as that class was not quite 40 years ago.  Yet there is a part of me that thinks she still may be there in some supernatural capacity crushing the spirits of 9th grade English students.

Despite the negative memories of her class, I still have a soft spot for Great Expectations.

Vesta, Lovendures, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@melmystery

OK, this post made me laugh out loud.

lenor, melmystery, Vesta and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Mitch needs to let people know what's wrong with his health.  Covering it up and saying nothing is wrong is worse than speaking the truth. People will think the worst.

lenor, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@mas1581

Hehehe ? 

Thanks for the belly laff, mas & saibh.... The Turtle is quite the perverse ol' troll and so weirdly competitive!! He is just disgustingly creepy ?

FEBbby23, Vesta, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Posted by: @mas1581

@saibh

I've always seen him as more of Jesse's mother from Preacher(tv show was ok but graphic novel was actually much better). If you haven't seen it, she consumed the souls of youth and health to stay alive. Deranged and abusive, she spent her life sucking the life out of everyone around her to keep herself going before ultimately being killed by someone possessing the power of the hand of God.  

Yes!!! ???

lenor, FEBbby23, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: