Notifications
Clear all

Midterm elections

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I am so relieved about Cinema winning!!!!! SO relieved.  I have lived here 24 years.  First time female senator ever and first time a democrat senator in 30 years.

I am also going to thank Mc Sally for NOT doing what what she was asked to do by other high up national republicans. She is not contesting the race results.  YEA!  She will likely run for. McCains seat when it is up and Kyle leaves the appointed post at the end of the term.  Smart lady.  The Florida Governor Rick Scott is toting that republican line and thought.  Is his very cranky and contesting everything as well as being very dark in ho w he is trying to manipulate that senate race.  He is using his governorship to try to manipulate how votes are being counted, even wants to confiscate machines.

Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux, SDJ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

Is anyone picking up a signature for illness around Rick Scott?

ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

VestraLux, I saw a picture of him today and would describe him as cadaverous, emaciated.  

VestraLux, Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I feel autoimmune disease, nothing that would kill him...

VestraLux and VestraLux reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Dems net 36th House pickup in Maine amid GOP court challenge:

Democrat Jared Golden has defeated GOP Rep. Bruce Poliquin in Maine's 2nd District, bringing Democrats' net gain in the House to 36 seats with five GOP seats still uncalled--and with Poliquin still embroiled in a lawsuit against Maine's secretary of state over the vote.

Read the details here....

Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

and now Susan Collins is the last repub in New England. Please turn off the light when you leave, Susie.

CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Dems flip another seat!

Southern California Rep. Mimi Walters was ousted Thursday night, the latest House Republican to lose their seat in the formerly deep-red Orange County.

The Associated Press called the 45th congressional district race with Democrat Katie Porter leading Walters, a two-term incumbent who previously served in the California senate, by just over 6,000 votes as ballots continue to be counted.

Unk p, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

I found this prediction I made for November: 

Flooding now blue, blue waves coming in state by state. Will these sandbags of change hold? (Michele)

So far, I am thinking or Krysten Sinema, Jared Golden, and Katie Porter switching to Democratic winners since the election.  Am I missing any one else in the last week that was declared a winner?

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Did everyone see Donald Johann Drumpf campaigning in Mississippi for the "Lady Who Lynches"?  He actually had the nerve to ask the crowd how Mr. Espy "fits in" in MS.  I will tell you, you big, ugly ANCHOR BABY- Mr. Espy's ancestors were brought here in chains- and therefore has more right than you, to be in Mississippi Goddamn

mariad, Jeanne Mayell, mariad and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Unk p, no kidding!

I'm a Mississippi native—born and raised. I moved away years ago and have rarely been back, though much of my family's still there. I know Hyde-Smith's habits and worldview like I know my own childhood home, which is to say every square inch. And just like that house, it shames me.

My mother, brother, grandmother, aunts, and uncles are all deeply bigoted. They're conservative Republicans who believe the Confederate flag is a symbol of pride and history. My mother and brother proudly refer to themselves as "rednecks." (I'm the sole liberal in my family, and came into the world this way, which is as baffling to me as to them.) Still, I guarantee you not one of them believes that Hyde-Smith's remarks about a public hanging or Trump's words about Espy not fitting in were a conscious dog-whistle. And as racist as those words are in both instances, I'm not certain that I do either. 

I believe that the collective trauma of that place is so deep, so stark, and so pervasive, that it's created a vibratory morass in the cultural field. Trauma creates powerful denial, numbing, and suppression, as well as hyper-vigilance and over-activation (extremes in either direction). We see both of those reactions across the board in MS, but we especially see denial and suppression on the part of the right-leaning white population in the state, many of whom are the descendants of those who created or benefited from that trauma.

When we suppress consciousness into the collective shadow, it doesn't go away. The energy still exists in the field, and will be expressed one way or another. It's possible that when Hyde-Smith joked about a public hanging, she was unconsciously expressing what is still right there in the field: the shadow of Mississippi's dark legacy of lynching. As a famous Mississippian once wrote, "The past isn't dead. It isn't even past."

Don't get me wrong; the woman is a racist. Absolutely. I just don't know that she made that statement as a deliberate signal to her racist friends and supporters, which implies a conspiracy. She may have, but Mississippians are known for our gothic, off-the-cuff phrasing and morbid idioms. It's common to say things like, "If you invited me to a hog-skinning, I'd show up in Sunday pearls, just cuz I like you so much..."

I believe the forces we've split into the collective shadow are always seeking to be brought into the light, to be acknowledged and healed. Mike Espy wasn't going to win in Mississippi, but as a result of this race, his opponent's disturbing comments and behavior, and Donald Trump's horribly racist remarks (i.e., his entire presidency), we're all the more conscious of that darkness, and therefore more empowered to see it changed. 

I also believe that Espy, like Abrams and Gillum, has an important future role in America. And it's possible that role could only be fully initiated by these very events, as difficult as they are.   

BlueBelle, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

thank you Vestralux for your thoughtful and compassionate response. i so love to hear what you have to say!  you know, as soon as i posted that statement above, i felt wierd about it, not that i didnt mean it, because i did, but that maybe this is not the place for my rants. Yes, i am P'd to the O about stuff, but i dont want to be a downer in this amazing space. And also, too, we had a Blue Wave! yall see that?! peace and Love, everybody     and dont let the bastards wear you down 

BlueBelle, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Well said, V about Trump exposing our shadow. Trump won in part on a platform of making politically inappropriate statements that have pervaded our collective unconscious for centuries. These are sentiments people knew they weren't supposed to say aloud even as they lurked in the back of people's minds and directed their behavior. 

Sexist and racist remarks, wishing violence upon people who disagreed with him, cruel stereotyping of just about every group that doesn't fit the dominant ruling class ideal (Northern European white male).

He's forced it all out in the open. 

Although most, if not all, of those who are part of this community abhor the politically incorrect sentiments, many have never seen the suffering of the victims of those sentiments.  The tragic faces of immigrants separated from their children at the border opened so many eyes. It gave so many in this country the chance to see the shadow and replace it with compassion and a helping hand. 

The testimony of the women who Roy Moore sexually assaulted, the photos of these women as young girls, and Christine Ford's assault when a teen, tender Percephone's all.  Trump's derogatory nicknames are the language of this cruelty.  Trump  is truly a messenger of the god of darkness. 

When he was running for office, the GOP leadership vehemently rejected his ugly remarks about people and his sell out to wealthy Russian oligarchs.  But their policies show they agreed behind closed doors or in their psyches with his behavior.

He is about bringing our collective shadow out into the light where we can see it, admit it, and finally heal it. 

Visions that come to me from spirit have a way of being more profound than I understand at first. The vision I had before the election of the god Pluto winning the election has taught me that Pluto, the god of the underworld who stole innocent girl Percephone, wasn't just about death and darkness winning the election. 

Pluto, as many of you have pointed out, is also the god of the unconscious.  When he rules, which astrologically he is ruling right now, he gets us to focus on our collective shadow, the dark within us.

Astrologically, that Pluto symbol was also profound.  Although I didn't know it when I got the vision, the U.S. is going through a Pluto return that began in 2008 and ends in 2024.  I'm not an astrologer but I did get the vision of Pluto ruling until about  2025.  Here's an explanation from astrostyle.com:  For the first time since 1778, Pluto has returned to Capricorn; the sign Pluto was transiting during the birth of the U.S. Capricorn is the sign that rules the patriarchy, government and capitalism—all areas that have been thrown into the spotlight “bigly” in 2017, and igniting a radical outcry from at least half of the country’s citizens. --  https://astrostyle.com/united-states-astrology/

javamyworld, Marley, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

In the last remaining undecided House race, in Northern CA (Tulare-Kern), Valadao, the GOP incumbent, has lost to Dem Cox. Valadao has not conceded as of yet...  this race was decided by 1,000 votes. Proving again how important each and every vote is.

Paul W, Lovendures, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@quiet)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Alarming news out of House NC 09 - allegations of election fraud by the Republican, who won by a slim margin. Tales of people receiving absentee ballots they didn't request, people coming by to "pick up" their ballots. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/us/politics/north-carolina-election-fraud-.html

Unk p, VestraLux, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

* Republicans are trying to get laws passed and regulations changed before January. There’s a frenzied activity as they try to protect their waning power. (Bluebelle)

This would be a definite hit for December 2018.

From The Guardian:  Wisconsin’s Republican-controlled state senate voted just before sunrise on Wednesday, following an all-night session, to pass a sweeping bill in a lame-duck session designed to weaken the incoming Democratic governor, Tony Evers, who ousted the Republican Scott Walker last month.

Republicans pushed on through protests, internal disagreement and Democratic opposition to the measures designed to reduce the powers of Evers and the incoming attorney general, Josh Kaul, also a Democrat replacing a Republican. Critics have called the move a threat to democracy. The Wisconsin battle is one of several going on around the country where bitter bipartisan wrangling continues a month after the midterm elections.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/05/wisconsin-republicans-vote-pass-bill-weaken-incoming-democratic-governor

And elsewhere in Michigan...multiple issues are arising.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/first-wisconsin-did-it-now-republicans-michigan-move-strip-democrats-n944496

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/12/04/minimum-wage-changes-could-worse-deal-than-2014-law/2200399002/

LalaBella, Unk p, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8
Share: