[Solved] Michael Bloomberg  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

(@song4jazz)
11/26/2019 10:23 am  

Many do not like Bloomberg, but he is the dark horse?  maybe, we'll see how his energy plays against the other candidates.  I'll be honest, I so far do not think Biden is the man who will beat Trump, but win as a President?  Biden is too laid back, and where the heck is his inner fire?  He's got that "i've been there and done that' and brags about his work with Obama. enough

Bloomberg invested 30 million into what he calls a super pac.  sorry kindred spirits,  thats what it will take to win the 2020 presidential election.  right now, there is a lackadaisical energy among the democratic candidates and even I think Trump can win against all of them. 

keep in mind, I am not psychic, but I can get a good sense whenever I look or watch someone speak, and how they move their bodies.  something is off and can't put my finger on it are all things to look for in a candidate.

bloombergs presidential announcement has shaken things up a bit, and I suspect he will bring in the energy that is needed.  $30 million will buy ads and provide staff support, but it's not guarantee.

Bloomberg maybe a billionaire, but so is Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.  Not all billionaires are corrupt. some are good people that want to do good things for the country.

we really need a massive voter turn out.  our lives and democracy depends on it.

Blessed be, Song 4 Jazz

Lenor, PamP, TriciaCT and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@cerridwen)
Registered
11/27/2019 8:24 pm  

I see Bloomberg winning the race. 

song4jazz liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
Registered
11/27/2019 9:15 pm  

I'm a New Yorker, and while Bloomberg was a welcome relief from Giuliani, he's not a nice guy. He thinks he knows better than everyone else. I also don't know how he'd get the support of the more liberal dems, or of young people but who knows. Maybe he is the dark horse. Or the person riding an elephant but seated backwards? I think Jeanne predicted that. Bloomberg was a republican, but he turned around?

Lenor, Jeanne Mayell, PamP and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Registered
11/28/2019 8:20 am  

I lived in nyc during the Bloomberg years and I’m a teacher. I have my feelings about Bloomberg- and I agree he’s paternalistic ie the soda tax. He sees a real issue but he sort of forces a solution down your throat that ends up not being very American; or w the case of stop and frisk, a mistake. Nonetheless he loathes trump- knows him well, and his anti-gun stance is formidable. I thought he was getting into the race bc warren was doing well and he’s a billionaire- and I believe that when he said he had no intention of running- he meant it. My cousin who is a seer told me last night he felt strongly that mayor mike got in the race to save the country. He isn’t a mike fan but this is what he had seen meditating. With all his money he can outspend trump, he loathes trump and he thinks the current field may not be able to beat trump. He knows all trumps nyc secrets and can expose him (although he seems rather exposed to me as it is and it hasn’t changed the dial). Mayor mike is not great at glad handing, he has major issues w black voters but he cares about this country through a certain arrogant lens and I actually felt hearing this that it made sense. Does anyone else have a take? It doesn’t seem to me anyone has seen him winning but I’m curious about his intentions and the effect he will have as a candidate. I’ve always thought he entered the race, not to win but to have an effect or change the conversation in some way. I know billionaires and bankers may be worried about a warren win but legislating her ideas won’t be easy so I question how worried they can be at this point.

Lenor, PamP, TriciaCT and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
Registered
11/28/2019 9:18 am  

@jaidy

Your take on him is spot-on. My only other observations are that he can't be compromised (he's pretty clean) except that the rumor in NYC for years is that although he's divorced with grown kids, he's gay. Of course no one in NYC cared, and it's not anything that I think would/should make a difference anyway, but watch for trump to make it an issue, in a really dirty way. Part homophobic attack, part why are you hiding your orientation, are you ashamed, mayor Pete isn't.

I don't know if it's true, but if it is trump knows he will exploit it in any way he thinks will work with his case. However, Bloomberg is pretty unflappable, so I don't know that it'll work. 

Lenor and PamP liked
ReplyQuote
(@song4jazz)
11/28/2019 10:41 am  

Michael Bloomberg may well be the one to win the race against Trump.  He made mistakes, but so has other candidates, and in particular, Biden has made several gaffes, and he is still in the lead?  I'm scratching my head, and I am very worried with Biden - he is just not all there. 

I would rather have Sanders (gasp) than Biden.  However, having said that, I do not like Sanders one bit and for reasons I don't have enough room on this page to list them all.  LOL

I would love to see Warren win the race, but not sure this country is ready for a female potus

Bloomberg did a good job with the city of New York.  he's all in for gun reform and climate change.

He used to be a republican and a democrat.  he's now an independent, but is running as a democrat.

I forgot to mention that Tom Steyer is also a billionaire and wants good for the country.  not all Billionaires are suck up elites.

PamP and TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@cerridwen)
Registered
11/28/2019 1:25 pm  

@song4jazz

From a practical stand point: Looking at the current democratic field, no one has the leadership energy to win a national election (Sanders has the charisma and would probably win if only blues voted, but he won't win a national election). It reflects the wide cultural divide across the nation. If Trump wins, I don't think the country will survive. We are about to go into a major 'recession' too, and the banks like Bloomberg, and there is no one more qualified to lead us through an economic crisis. He has proven himself to be socially liberal too but not so far left that he doesn't appeal to the center. He happens to be a billionaire, which may be the greatest irony of this election. He's also determined to not let Trump be re-elected, no matter what, and can outspend everyone. His daughters will probably play an important role in his campaigning too. I suspect it will be a Bloomberg/Warren ticket and win (otherwise, it will be Trump). 

PamP and song4jazz liked
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Registered
11/28/2019 10:25 pm  

@jaidy

I lived in NYC under Bloomberg. I never had feelings about him either way basically because I didn't think he had any personality. I know charisma, gravitas, all those qualities don't make a good President, but in the world we live in, it seems to make a difference. I think the Democrats have chosen some bad candidates in the past. Michael Moore says Republicans pick stars; Democrats don't.  It doesn't matter to me. I'll write in Hoot Gibson if I have to.

PamP liked
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Registered
12/01/2019 1:16 pm  

I'm only going to make one entry on this thread:

F*ck that dude.

PamP liked
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Registered
12/01/2019 3:45 pm  
Posted by: @laura-f

I'm only going to make one entry on this thread:

F*ck that dude.

I'm with you, Laura.  I'm SO done with billionaires telling me that they know what is best for me.  Especially ones who think the rules that everyone else is abiding by don't apply to them (Bloomberg has said he's shucking off the debates because he's using his own money).

Lilinoe, Unk p, PamP and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Registered
12/01/2019 7:34 pm  

There is a Canadian TV series from 2012, called "Continuum". It's a science fiction story about a terrorist group of 2077 traveling back to 2012, and continue its campaign to stop  corporations of the future from replacing governments. Now this is science fiction, but I don't want big money telling me what to do. See what a non billionaire is doing to us. Think what a real one could do.  

PamP, Lilinoe, song4jazz and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@song4jazz)
12/01/2019 10:07 pm  

@cerridwen

from a practical standpoint I hear where you are coming from.  anything is possible and your vote matters.  if it were to come right down to it, who would you actually vote for?  this question is for anyone.  Trump vs Bloomberg  -  a fake billionaire vs  a real billionaire

Coyote, TriciaCT, Jessi1978 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Registered
12/02/2019 1:40 am  

@elaineg I saw that series and remember relating it to today easily.

TriciaCT, PamP and ElaineG liked
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Registered
12/02/2019 7:09 pm  

@elaineg

I remember that from the SYFY channel. It's currently on YouTube.

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Registered
12/02/2019 9:26 pm  
Posted by: @song4jazz

@cerridwen

from a practical standpoint I hear where you are coming from.  anything is possible and your vote matters.  if it were to come right down to it, who would you actually vote for?  this question is for anyone.  Trump vs Bloomberg  -  a fake billionaire vs  a real billionaire

Well, for me the answer is anyone but Trump.  But there are already plenty of great candidates running for the Dem ticket; there is no need for any more entrants.  And, I'd respect Bloomberg more if he was using his billions to support one of the existing candidates instead of himself.

ReplyQuote
(@song4jazz)
12/02/2019 11:29 pm  

@rosieheart

he claims the 30 million or billions?  he's investing is for the democratic super pac.  it's for the party...

he seems to praise Warren the most, but is worried about Biden.  Biden has either cognitively slowed down, or just doesn't care.  lackluster energies among all of them. 

I was all in for Beto, and then poof he's gone.  🙄 

ReplyQuote
(@kimskorner)
12/02/2019 11:37 pm  

I really like Bloomberg. I truly believe if he were nominated he would beat Trump. I have read up on him and people love to work for him, he gives TONS of money away to many causes and appears to be a good guy!  Some of the other candidates scare those on the fence. In addition, my issue with Bernie and Warren is that they are just as divisive as Trump but coming from the opposite side. Of course I will vote for anyone but Trump. But I would love to see Bloomberg take him on. I feel 100% certain he would beat Dump Trump.  I'm not sure why we have to demonize someone because they have money.  It keeps us divided. I would like a candidate that brings unity. Peace out.

Lilinoe and song4jazz liked
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Registered
12/03/2019 9:55 am  

@pamp

That's good to know. I hope lots of people see it, and sees what we could become.

ReplyQuote
(@song4jazz)
12/03/2019 1:33 pm  

I never lived in New YOrk, but I know a few that currently do.  They love Bloomberg and want him to run.

I do like Bloomberg and a lot.  I believe he could take Trump down in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry to hear that some don't like him because he has great wealth but he's also a philanthropist. he's very generous with his billions.

He could be the one and possible align with Warren for VP

from a practical standpoint it's important to vote for the candidate that will represent the democratic party.

voting third party candidates or voting for Santa Claus is the exact reason why we have Trump.

Lilinoe, Lenor, Suspira44 and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@listenbrother)
Registered
12/03/2019 2:58 pm  

I am a long time visitor and very infrequent poster. I love and appreciate all the positive energy that comes from this group, and hope beyond hope that we move towards equality and love as has been predicted here on this board and by Jeanne.  

That being said, seeing Mike Bloomberg being defended on this board is very upsetting to me. 

As a resident of NYC, let me just summarize and say Michael Bloomberg is garbage. First, he is a billionaire, something which is impossible to become without standing on the backs of others. "Vilifying people because they are rich" as mentioned above is a Republican talking point. 

While mayor, Bloomberg ran for three terms, even though both before he ran for his third term and after he won his third term, the law states you can only have two. How did he do this? He basically bought off the city council through donations and had them change the law for him and him alone. 

On top of that, stop and frisk, one of the most racist police policies in a major city in the country- where cops can basically stop whomever they wanted (was 99% minorities) for any reason. 

Add on top of that he basically sold out this city to the wealthy and building developers. Since Bloomberg, rents have raised by 300% in some locations. We now have a block called Billionaires Row, developments started under Bloomberg which are only for the UBER wealthy on 57th St. (Same block as Trump Tower) 

The soda tax (a poor person tax), tried for congestion pricing, cozing with developers. Mike Bloomberg left this city worse for regular people like me. 

I would rather vote for Biden, Buttiegig, Harris, Klobouchar or any other of the corporatist democrats who don't really care about what is hurting normal people and only care about their donors than that guy.  

Rant over.  Hope no one was offended by my harsh words for this man, and I mean no ill will. I consider Bloomberg to be an evil man. He actively made my life and that of my family worse through his policies and his narcissism. 

Lilinoe, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: