Has anyone viewed D...

Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone viewed Devin Nunes more closely?

TNJ
(@tnj)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

I know that there are many, many players vying for our attention - but has anyone viewed why (other than ideology) Devin Nunes has constantly worked so hard to put force a clearly false narrative? Ideology alone? Something he's getting or hopes to get (like power or money)? Pure hate? Or fear?

BlueBelle, Unk p, PamP and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@tnj

No more like he is a minion of Putin too. It's not just DJT who owes a lot of money to Putin.

PamP, deetoo, TNJ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This is going to sound harsh.  Of all of Trump's minions, I find Nunes the most reprehensible  I want to be charitable but I have to save that for the day he stands before some court and is judged for what he has done. 

Nunes has always read to me as a dark minion with a guilty conscience.  

I don't know if it's true, so need to check,  but I sensed he was involved with the Kremlin and their oligarchs going back to 2015 when I had a vision of Putin making plans to subvert elections in a number of countries.  

I read somewhere recently that he was closely associated with Michael Flynn back then and throughout Flynn's tenure until he was caught and disgraced.  (I don't know if that's a credible source. So if anyone has more, let me know.)

I keep seeing Nunes in my mind's eye when as House Intelligence Committee Chairman  he sneaked off with the Committee's documents to share them with Trump, and got caught on the White House lawn. 

He clearly does not care about the Constitution or his oath to protect our democracy. Perhaps he's too ignorant to understand his role in American history. I felt that when he won election back in 2003, he was so proud and maybe idealistic. But he sold his soul to the darkness.

In the run up to the 2018 Midterms, he was caught in a secret recording of a donor meeting telling donors that the Congressional majority in Congress was essential to saving Donald Trump: 

Speaking to the donors, Nunes said: "if Sessions won't unrecuse and Mueller won't clear the President, we're the only ones. Which is really the danger ... I mean we have to keep all those seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away."

This statement may seem innocuous to the jaded in today's climate, but it is an astonishing break from his oath as a member of Congress and even more so as the head of the House Intelligence Committee.  If you go back and look for his first photograph after winning election to office back in 2003, you will see a proud little boy who looks like he wants to serve his country. 

He is a slime. A scuttling little lying piece of darkness, a sad misguided little boy who has truly sold his soul in order to please a bunch of thug bosses.  And he knows he's guilty. 

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@triciact

Looks like our posts crossed in the mail and that we are on the same wavelength.

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Kind of like Wormtail from the Harry Potter series of books?

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@jeanne-mayell

YES funny...but everything you wrote is spot on to what I think too!

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Whenever I see Adam Schiff sitting there in the hearings as chairman and Devin Nunes sitting right next to him I think to myself: OMG Adam must want to take a shower after sitting next to him all day! It just looks so uncomfortable and strange to me. I just think if the situation was reversed, and lets pretend for a second that the Orange Nightmare was a dem, and Adam S. was in Nunes seat that he would not be defending the Orange one like this.  The GOP in power has turned on our entire country and democracy and they all need to go!

BlueBelle, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@tnj

His opening statement could have been written the GRU's disinformatiya crew. All I could think of is the quote from 1984: "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." The whole GOP has gone down the rabbit hole.

Yofisofi, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

I am rereading 1984 and so many thing come out at me that reflects today’s administration . Two Minute Hate is Trump’s tweets, Newspeak is NeverTrumper, and War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery and Ignorance is Strength is the motto of the Repugican Party

PamP, Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

In online feeds today around the hearings, we refer to Nunes as #FailCow or "The dairy cow in the back of the room."

I love that Schiff shot down the whole line of out-the-whistleblower questions Nunes and Castor were asking earlier.

PamP, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: