Flake "Retired" by ...

Notifications
Clear all

Flake "Retired" by Trump

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

President Trump on Wednesday boasted that he "retired" Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.), a top GOP critic of the president who is leaving the Senate after this year.

"In Jeff Flake's case it's me, pure and simple. I retired him. I'm very proud of it, I did the country a great service," Trump said during a sprawling press conference at the White House a day after the midterm elections.

"He is retired. I'd like to call it another word, but we're going to treat him with great respect."

Thoughts, anyone on the 1 year term of Jeff Flake of Arizona in Congress? Predictions on his future and what effect the comments by Trump will have on other members? 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Trump is also retiring in his lifetime the entire GOP from existence.  Thank you Donald Trump, the minion of darkness, for leading the cult  of darkness into oblivion.  

Michele, Lovendures, mariad and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Yes, Flake only had 1 six year term but he was in the House for many years.  He might very well find work on a news network as a political commentator.  I believe he could be positioning himself politically for when Trump falls and burns.  He will be one of the few who can claim some sort of distance for Trump.  

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Flake announced his decision over a year ago, that he wouldn't stay in government. Cheetolini had little to do with it.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  
Jeanne, 
I howled at your comment.
Howled!
We are supposed to speak our
truth and you did it well.

Perhaps you could find a nice
background and create one of
your photo quotes.