Notifications
Clear all

Economic downturn

(@alice)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

This site and others that I trust have mentioned an economic downturn in 2019 or 2020. I just read an article in the Washington Post that stated economists think the downturn will arrive Fall of 2019. I  hope everyone is preparing. I have been.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Bee and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@iogazer)

Or, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro," Hunter S. Thompson

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

When I see these kids speak out and stand up it gives me great hope.  With Trump it's the same old pattern.  Promise nothing, insult those involved or Hillary or Obama, play golf.  I can't imagine and I really don't think I want to know what goes on in his mind!

iogazer, BlueBelle, iogazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@iogazer)

Congressional budget Office forecast (sit down, if you have weak knees)

"...by 2026 it would be considerably larger than its average over the past 50 years, CBO projects. Debt held by the public would also grow significantly from its already high level."

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/51129

And a recent  article on US budget

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cbo-with-gop-tax-cuts-federal-debt-will-nearly-equal-size-of-the-us-economy/article/2644803

MizMargo, Jeanne Mayell, MizMargo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Come to think of it, that coincidences with the 2020 election run.  I think Trump will lose to a moderate.

MizMargo and MizMargo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mizmargo)

I tend to agree Enka. Most people are in the middle and all of this chaos is exhausting. By 2020, we might just prefer the centrist who seems stable and even boring. Bring on the nerds!

ReplyQuote
Share: