Democrats taking ov...

Notifications
Clear all

Democrats taking over the House this January

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

As we all know that the Democrats are now going to be in control of the house. This has caused Trump to go all out in the past few days. Blaming them from everything. To the death of migrants children to the government shut down. What can anyone see what will be happening in a few days? I think as the days get closer he is going to become more erratic. Will they give him money for the wall? (I doubt it) Will they start their investigations? He knows what must be coming. Do you think that they will have Comey testify in front of cameras? What will the Democrats do in on their first day of taking over? They have been dreaming about this day. This is what me and many other Americans have been waiting for since day 1. There is so much that they must do. Unfortunately I feel like Trump started this Wall war just to get them to focus on the wall and not him from the beginning. Of course he thinks he is the king of distraction. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Jessi, you got it right that the wall war is a big distraction.  The Washington Post posted a suggestion that the Dems seek a compromise - Trump gives them dreamers and they give him some wall funding. I think Pelosi will try to settle with Trump as soon as possible to avoid the distraction and the bad press on the dems. 

CDeanne, mariad, CDeanne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

I see Trump doing a perpetual number on Nancy Pelosi, where he attempts to vilify her the same way he vilified Hillary Clinton.  For some reason, this time it's not going to work for him.  

ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

I agree it won't work. Nancy has ice water in her veins. She's going to run circles around him.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Trump rejected an earlier deal (like a year ago) that traded wall funding for DACA but he is in a much weaker position now.  The problem with a DACA / wall trade is that the whole DACA issue is as big a flash point for his base as the wall is. 
Trump did agree to the bill that the Senate passed a few weeks ago that did not include wall funding (I think that Republican leadership pulled the wool over his eyes on that one) and then changed his mind when Rush and company went crazy. The same thing could happen with a DACA compromise.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

This is just Trump to show his "base" of voters that he is going to fight with the Democrats and that he is not going to give into them. This is why he did that televised Wall deal that only helped us to see how dumb and childish he is. We all know he will make a deal and then just lie to his base about the deal. Same thing he has been doing all along. Think North Korea and China etc etc. Again he is not that bright to understand that come January Democrats will have way more power then he will understand because he does not listen nor does he read or care to learn about how the government works.

mariad and mariad reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: