Notifications
Clear all

Congressman John Lewis  

RSS

(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
12/29/2019 7:17 pm  

Rep. John Lewis announced he had stage 4 pancreatic cancer today.  He plans to return to Washington to continue working and to undergo treatment.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-john-lewis-undergo-treatment-stage-4-pancreatic-cancer-n1108331

TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
03/02/2020 4:31 am  

A heart lifting story.

I happened to catch this live on my car radio Sunday and started to get very emotional. 

I love this man! Reading his words below is one things, but when I heard him speak live, my soul was touched so deeply.  The journalist who was covering the event live was shocked when Lewis got out of his car and began to speak.  

From USA TODY:

Rep. John Lewis, who was attacked with tear gas and police’s billy clubs on Bloody Sunday in Selma, Alabama, in 1965, made an unexpected, inspiring appearance at the 55th anniversary remembrance of the protest, leading marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge on Sunday.

Lewis, who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, was not expected to be at the event until an announcement from his office the morning of the final day of Jubilee, the annual events marking the voting rights protests in Selma.

“I thought I was going to die on this bridge. But somehow and some way, god almighty helped me here," he said of what he experienced 55 years ago. 

Lewis then told the crowd on the bridge to keep fighting today. 

"We must keep the faith, keep our eyes on the prize," he said. "We must go out and vote like we never ever voted before. Some people gave more than a little blood. Some gave their very lives." 

Unk p, Lilinoe, ghandigirl and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Share: