Coming Natural Disa...

Notifications
Clear all

Coming Natural Disasters in USA

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Most of my extended family lives in Alaska where I grew up on Douglas Island near Juneau. We are completely landlocked by mountains in Juneau with no outside roads. All travel is by air or sea so evacuation for a Tsunami sunami would mean the combined population getting to higher ground in 15 minutes! Luckily our Juneau-Douglas area and other islands within the inside passage are more protected than ocean islands are..channels into our beaches on inland sides slows intensity of waves, storms etc.

The 7.9 earthquake that hit near Kodiak Alaska at 12:30 a.m. Alaska time, yesterday on the 23rd meant that all coastline residents of Alaska received automatic messages on cell phones ordering an evacuation to higher ground. 5,000 Kodiak residents woke up their children and got in their cars with a timing goal of 15 minutes or less then entered limited streets and roads evacuating to the high school.

In southeast, my family had a weather radio and learned within minutes that the once receding harbor water at Kodiak...sign of an approaching tsunami...had filled in again. Meaning tectonic plate shifts so Tsunami averted, immediate emergency cancelled. But the sheer panic of the call was similar to the nuclear alert in Hawai'i. So, our combined 30,000 residents didn't evacuate to higher ground in a mad rush as 2nd info was received pretty quickly.

Here in Oregon, where I live in the Cascadia Subinduction Zone,  we are just as likely to potentially experience "The big one" all depending on tectonic plate shifts. So any premonition I receive..and I felt all of the My. Saint Helen volcanic eruptions decades ago within 24 hours in advance by the appearance of physical symptoms more than say intuitive flashes or impressions back when we had so much going on decades ago. Now, it's less discernable and I have to differentiate between generalized anxiety vs intuition of an event that is coming. But when I jumped up awake in Oregon just as Kodiak was hit, I was all 'fight or flight' without knowing exactly why!

I also grew up playing surrouned by and loving the natural world.  My wild fern filled forests near water and in territorial and then early statehood Alaska, created a deep connection to the natural world. It's a wonderful gift, isn't it? And yes, we are fortunate to have intuitive warnings..especially life saving situations and yet we all wish our gifts were greater. .. until the knowing becomes unbearable and you wish them away or have to block them for sanity's sake...then filters kr even blocks become necessary.

I must say, watching news footage of residents in Seaside OR as they flooded the 24 food mart buying food and water and forming long gas lines for an alert...lower than a watch and the highest evacuate alert showed me that we all need disaster training and a better understanding of saving our lives over packing supplies and shopping. So glad it was practice and not emergency in this case!!

Hope someone can fix our constant..links removed..issue.  we missed too much of your comment!

Jeanne Mayell, diana11, RunestoneOne and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Doc
(@doc)
Reputable Member Registered

Michelle - please continue to listen to your intuition, even when it wakes you up in the middle of the night and you send healing energy in an emergency!  I can say I don't get any major loss of life. This is so, even though I that see your area, north into Alaska to the south into the Baja Peninsula (encompassing your childhood and adult stomping grounds on the west coast), will be in the throes of major geological upheaval for a while (10-15 years).  Water, wind, rain, tides, earthquakes, freezing and heatwaves - all these things seem to be here and escalating.  But major loss of human life doesn't seem to be on the agenda that I intuit into the immediate or long term future.  I so hope I'm correct about this, and that you find a centering peace relative to these issues!  Thinking about you....

Patty Nakazono, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@patty)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi Everyone

I’m very concerned for our world and all the predictions that are in place. Actually, I’m scared and I would like to prepare for it. I speak with my husband about this and he doesn’t see the need to prepare for any disasters or emergencies. I live in San Antonio, TX and I do want to prepare, especially with buying can food, water, and etc. and especially if will be out of energy.

Or I’m I reading the predictions wrong for 2018, especially towards the last 3-4 months of this year?

I’ve always had and still have a strong intuition but when you have a husband who probably thinks I’m crazy, it’s rather difficult to prepare, lol.

Can someone clarify for me the predictions, are we going to be out of water and light for months?

You see, when I was a child (now 38), I will see dead people and I would talk to them, I would dream of incidents and they would come true, and my intuition is always spot on but then gradually my dreams faded away and I stopped seeing dead people/spirits. The only thing that remind was my strong intuition and nevertheless I would love some classes but unfortunately I cant.

So can someone clarify? Thank you all for understanding and helping me out!

God Bless,

Patty

Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Patty, you can always prepare by doing what members of the LDS church (and others) do which is to keep several months of non-perishable staples on hand. You could start out by strategically setting aside just one month's worth of the things you use on a shelf in the basement. If you use two jars of spaghetti sauce each month you keep four on hand. If you use one quart of vegetable oil in a month you keep two on hand etc.  

Patty Nakazono, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@patty)
Eminent Member Registered

I will start buying more items and saving them in our storage and garage.  

Thank you Paul!

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

To all those who are thinking about preparing, there are several things to consider. 1) Will electricity go down? 2) If it does, will water cease to pump? 2) Will your heating system still work? As we have seen with Puerto Rico, recovery from natural disasters may be much delayed. Coping techniques:

Learn how to build an emergency rocket stove from a few ceramic blocks. This will keep you able to cook, boil water, and even supply heating if necessary, but requires very little fuel.  

LDS sells cases of canned goods at an *extremely* reasonable rate.  Buy some.

Consider purchasing a LifeStraw - personal small scale filtration system.  If the water goes out, you can even stick it in ditchwater and get water safely.

If you have pets, remember them. Keep at least an extra three months of food/litter on hand, as resupply could get difficult after a major disaster.

-R1-

MizMargo, Patty Nakazono, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Total aside here, referring to Michele's wish to fix the "removed link" problem.  I am happy to announced it was fixed  yesterday, thanks to  Justin, our new developer who is kind and very smart,  lives in Tennessee and whose mother read the Tarot!

Runestone, thanks for the tips.  Will get on it. Costco sells a disaster food supply package. It's huge, comes in the mail, is not cheap, and sells like hotcakes these days.  

Patty Nakazono, Michele, RunestoneOne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: