Can't make this up:...

Notifications
Clear all

Can't make this up: Trump is inviting Putin to the WH this fall

(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Sarah Sanders just tweeted an announcement that Trump has asked Bolton to invite Putin to the WH this fall.   http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397940-sarah-sanders-discussions-underway-for-putin-to-come-to-washington

Dan Coats was being interviewed at the Aspen Security Summit when Sanders announced this.  When the interviewer told him he was stunned and thought the interviewer was joking.   He said he had not been informed of this at all.  

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Here's the clip of  Dan Coats, the Director of National Security, being informed that Putin is coming to the White House:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1020043060510507008

He thinks it's a joke at first, and when he realizes it isn't, he just about falls off of his chair.   Later in the interview he said he had not been consulted or informed about the invitation.   

So much for Trump "trusting" his intelligence advisers.    

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Wow. After all the outrage and embarrassment, the Manchurian Candidate Trump is moving ahead. Well, my guess is he believes he can get us used to Putin taking over.  There must be so many Congressmen on the Russian payroll at this point that Trump believes it is safe to do this. I will have to meditate on how this could turn out, but right now my head is spinning.

Lola, Michele, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

I heard this on the news earlier today and that was exactly my thoughts! It fits in with established thinking on the psychology of repetition in gradually increasing our acceptance of ideas or thoughts we might once been opposed to or considered ridiculous.

And I am beginning to assume that as long as there are individual payoffs people stop caring how corrupt anyone is. Over and over, I am reading on social media or hearing what I used to consider intelligent people say..."as long as my 401k (etc.etc.) keeps going up, I don't care what he says or does."

Mind boggling, sad, and yes, even horrific.

ReplyQuote
Share: