Brent Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nominee

294 Posts
49 Users
2056 Likes
32 K Views
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

I was wondering that if Kavanaugh gets confirmed will there will the FBI be continuing to investigate Kavanaugh. I think that when there are dozens of accusers come out he will fall. On the other hand, confirming Kavanaugh will energize voters to vote the GOP out.

Jeanne, I heard in the site that 2019 will be dark, but how dark will it get?

ReplyQuote
(@nelysthealchemist)
Prominent Member Registered

Posted by: Enkasongwriter

I was wondering that if Kavanaugh gets confirmed will there will the FBI be continuing to investigate Kavanaugh. I think that when there are dozens of accusers come out he will fall. On the other hand, confirming Kavanaugh will energize voters to vote the GOP out.

Jeanne, I heard in the site that 2019 will be dark, but how dark will it get?

Hi all, 

I'm new here but I've been a lurker for a while. Honestly, the thought of 2019 "going dark" is terrifying to me. It's so dark already...

I've been dealing with near-crippling anxiety and depression since November 2016, and I am constantly afraid that my family, my job, my house, even my life will be in jeopardy as long as the GOP is in charge. I am highly empathic and tuned into what's happening, but maybe it's more to my detriment at this point. I feel so powerless and angry so much of the time now. 

This Kavanaugh thing has been sickening to watch, but the most depressing part of it (to me) is that he will probably be confirmed and the whole situation has "empowered" GOP voters. It's like adding insult to injury. 

Anyway, not sure why I felt compelled to weigh in, but here I am! Good to be here.

~Nelys

mariad, villager, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Collins and Flake have just expressed their "satisfaction" with the FBI report, signaling that they will vote to confirm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senators-prepare-to-review-fbi-report-on-kavanaugh-after-early-morning-arrival/2018/10/04/394dbaf8-c7be-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.b65695c5417b

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: NelystheAlchemist

I've been dealing with near-crippling anxiety and depression since November 2016, and I am constantly afraid that my family, my job, my house, even my life will be in jeopardy as long as the GOP is in charge. I am highly empathic and tuned into what's happening, but maybe it's more to my detriment at this point. I feel so powerless and angry so much of the time now. 

This Kavanaugh thing has been sickening to watch, but the most depressing part of it (to me) is that he will probably be confirmed and the whole situation has "empowered" GOP voters. It's like adding insult to injury. 

Anyway, not sure why I felt compelled to weigh in, but here I am! Good to be here.

~Nelys

Nelys,

Welcome.   Many of us feel the same way.  Hugs!

Jeanne Mayell, mariad, KB and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

We need a nugget of hope. I have lost faith in humanity. I would like to reach out to my neighbor but I keep thinking about James Baldwin's quote "We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist." After Kav, I can only consider that all our representatives are denying our humanity as sexual assault survivors though their dismissiveness of  Dr Blasey Ford and her compelling testimony and courage. I am reminded that we have many young souls on earth, but, for now, I cannot see how this all ends in anything positive. Is it so wrong to seek justice, not vengeance but Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it. No matter what breaking news story that reveals criminality or outrageous behavior, I have yet to see anyone in the GOP become anything but more entrenched. Even if Mueller finds him guilty of high crimes, why would anyone whose supported him this far change their mind? Trump has already diminished any trust in our institutions. How are we supposed to dig ourselves out of voter fraud if when we do vote, our votes are stolen?

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)

The GOP is going to vote to confirm Kavanaugh, and they're going to do it with all the moral superiority and indignation they can muster.  This has also energized Trump's base (and all the angry white men in it), so two missions were accomplished with one dirty stone.  Have you seen the latest polls???  They're not good.  It's heartbreaking day for our democracy.  Women took a giant step backwards, too.  Just when I think I can't get any more horrified . . . . .  I can barely watch the news any more.  Trump and his gang of merry men are like the most malignant, aggressive cancer that can't be stopped or tamed, no matter what.   Seers please help me to see something better than what I'm seeing.  

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Admittedly, I have felt very disappointed and dispirited about the manner that the senators in control of the Kavanaugh nomination have acted and the blatantly suppressed investigation that they claim to have concluded. I decided to ask again the question as to whether Kavanaugh will be confirmed or not and drew one card. I got the Tower. Is this summing up my feelings about the current political situation or does it point to, as I think, a last minute change to the certainty of the confirmation that they seem to think is in the bag?

These certainly are challenging times. I wish all of you peace, calm and the strength to keep the faith that this will all ultimately work out in the best manner possible. 

KB, Jeanne Mayell, SDJ and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I  just put up the predictions we made on September 20.  Check it out.  https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/new-set-of-timeline-predictions/september-17-2018-predictions-just-september-october-for-now/

KB, CC21, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Hi Jeanne,

In the Jan 2019 predictions, you predicted that the GOP will not give up power. And that they are vicious. Are you saying they 

will lose the House and not hand it over to the Dems???

Thanks,

Anita

ReplyQuote
(@laughing-pudding)
Estimable Member Registered

I love the 2nd point in the predictions Jeanne recently posted:  "It is an honor to be here."  I am reminded that having the opportunity to take action in this time and place is truly TRULY a gift.  

Things feel overwhelming because one person alone can't right this ship.  But that doesn't mean one person can't make a difference.  

I pay attention to the images I get as I'm waking up in the morning.  Recently I got a picture of a wave as it makes its way to shore.  Even the big waves start out as a swell. 

VestraLux, SDJ, KB and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

I've been pretty upset over the Kavanaugh confirmation stuff - I do feel he might be confirmed, which I just realized in my heart might actually suppose to happen - sort of - FOR NOW only. I feel this is the final blow to the GOP that may be needed to get enough women out to vote and turn the Senate purple in November. I do feel there will be at least one state that will not be sure how the vote went because of voter suppression and fraud but in January it will be cleared up and it will be a blue vote. This means the house is blue and the senate is split a bit more. I feel like in 2019 Trump finally gets his comeuppance!  He will be trying to figure out his own mess thus distracting him from hopefully trying to vote in another SCOTUS.  I feel Kavanaugh is just as evil as Trump.  I know in my heart McConnell is taking money from Russia as are several other GOPers.  This too will come out at some point.

Unk p, SDJ, KB and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I also picked up on Kavanaugh's mother and wife. I felt in my heart (strongly) that his own mother knows he's a "bad seed" but she loves him and she rushed out of the hearing.  Kavanaugh's wife looks like an abused wife (at least verbally). I think she's trapped with him and in her heart knows he's had a problem after drinking so doesn't believe some of his lies but she herself has made her bed so to speak.

Michele, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

If Kavanaugh would have withdrawn or the committee would not have sent the vote to the Senate floor, the nation would have just moved on to the next fiasco.  With the GOP pushing his nomination through, it has focused attention on them and all their wrongdoing. The dogs are on the scent now.  It is not just about Kavanaugh anymore.  If, as many of us have said on here, he is removed after being seated, this will be a huge blow to the GOP.  It will uncover their shady doings.  This thing is an octopus with about sixteen legs.  The Kochs, NRA, religious right, Trump and his obstruction, ALEC, private schools in MD, and on and on are involved here.  It will take time to kill this mutant creature.

mariad, Marley, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

I forgot to add that Venus is going retrograde today.  It is time to look inside ourselves and remove or heal what we don't like.  It also is time to learn to love and respect yourself, so that you can demand the same of others. So, practice good self care, Everyone. That is how we can finally allow the rebirth of the Goddess energy to turn around these ugly times.

Michele, KB, Marley and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

TaG, I just wanted to shout a little (big) AMEN to all that. 

Also, Russia's at least a tentacle on that particular octopus, if not the head of the operation. (I'm envisioning Disney's version of Ursula the Sea Witch as I write this.)  ? 

TaG22 and TaG22 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

News just in.  Collins will vote yes.  I think we are all kidding our selves.  This gives Trump and the Republicans card blanche to turn our country away from democracy.  Ten years from now the US will make Nazi Germany look like Disneyland.  They now control all branches of the country and are safe under Putin’s thumb.

ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

I also predict the 2018 midterms will be the last “elections “ in this country for a long time if ever again.

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

I believe we must actively choose, against all fear or despair, to remain very clear and very conscious about what we speak and write and thereby give energy to at this time. 

For anyone who has not read Philip K. Dick's The Man in the High Castle, or been watching the Amazon series based on it, I highly recommend. The story takes place in an alternate America, if Nazi Germany and the Imperial Japanese had won WWII. And it's exactly as you'd imagine. But it quickly begins to explore the concept of split realities and alternate worlds more deeply, and the power of collectives to call them into being. 

Dick was a creative genius who believed this was actually happening in the world, though many thought he was insane. I don't.  

Michele, Bee, KB and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Surprisingly, I feel better today, despite my deep disappointment.   Perhaps it is acceptance that there is nothing I can do now to change the outcome of this vote.  Or, perhaps it is because at least two strong women - Heitkamp and Murkowski -  have decided to stand up  tall as examples for the rest of us to follow.   And, there are so many others who are taking a stand as well.

This is not the end.  There is still much work for each of us to do in the days ahead.  I agree with Vestralux: we must be careful in what we choose to give energy to at this time.  The darkness would like nothing more than to see us surrender to it.  I refuse to do that, at least for today.  Hugs to all.

kksali, Bee, KB and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Anita, Thanks for your question. I don't know the answer.  I have many ideas about what they will do but I don't want to write about it.  But I believe they will  take unprecedented illegal actions to hold power if they can get away with it.  But they would not get away with it for long because in the end the American collective would not tolerate it.  

VestraLux, RosieHeart, VestraLux and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 15
Share: