Brent Kavanaugh Sup...

Notifications
Clear all

Brent Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nominee

(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

Can we draw tarots on Brett Kavanaugh? I checked online that there will be a hearing starting on Sept 4 and will last 3 to 4 days. I felt that there will be damages coming from the Supreme Court. However, as history shows, events may not be as dark as we expect.

ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Out of interest since the hearings are starting soon, I drew one card while concentrating on whether or not Kavanaugh would be confirmed in the near future and got the Knight of Swords. Unfortunately, it didn’t answer for me clearly whether or not the confirmation will happen but is an indication of the determination, speed and lack of contemplation of consequences of the attempt to push this through quickly. As always, I am happy to hear others’ interpretations and insights into this. 

ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

I was surprised to see a TV ad for Kavanaugh here in OH.  I didn't catch all of it but it was suggesting what an excellent person of character he is and a good choice for the supreme court.   Not sure who they were targeting since we don't vote.   Lets hope he is NOT confirmed.  

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

I'm sure it is to get public support behind the candidate, which means people will call/lobby their Senators to support the nomination.  I'd guess the advertising would target swing states with Senators who would be sensitive to what their constituency would have to say.  I'd also guess that we won't hear much about this in California, as there is little chance that our Senators will support Kavanaugh, especially given the lack of transparency with regards to delivery of the documents Senators (Read: Democratic Senators) requested.

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, kksali and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

kksali, yeah I live in NH, and I see pro-Kavanaugh ads all day long, especially on MSNBC.  The ads always feature white, educated, attractive middle-aged women talking about why they value Kavanaugh and what a great justice he'd be.  

ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

I consulted the I Ching to see the Supreme Court. I got 63 Already Across changing to 39 Limping when I asked "How will Kavanaugh change the Supreme Court?" Kavanaugh will get through confirmation but will encounter obstacles, possibly damaging him.

I then asked "How will Kavanaugh change America?" I got 51 Shock changing to 60 Measuring. My interpretation of this configuration is that People will be scared with the Supreme Court that their rights will be taken away, but they will adapt, likely local governments helping the people.

ReplyQuote
 LB
(@lb)
Reputable Member Registered

KB:

I'm in Portland, Oregon and have never seen ads for Kavanaugh on MSNBC. Interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@alice)
Estimable Member Registered

We have the ads supporting Kavanaugh in NC. Was happy to hear about the protesters at the hearing today. He is bad news.

ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

According the Dailykos, Republicans are desperate to confirm Kavanaugh to stop Mueller, before taking any rights away.            https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/9/4/1793200/-To-Senate-Republicans-rushing-Kavanaugh-through-is-the-only-remaining-way-to-block-Russia-probe#read-more

I consulted the I Ching to see what Kavanaugh will do to affect Mueller by asking the question, "How will Kavanaugh affect Mueller?" I got the reading 12 Blocked to 45 Gathering. My interpretation of this reading is that Kavanaugh will try to stop Mueller from moving forward, but that will have zilch effect, so Kavanaugh will get others to do it for him, even asking his other conservatives to help him.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Note to everyone— if you are passing along news, please state your source and if possible, a link.

Recently some people have passed along information as something they heard with no link or source. In an efffort to limit fake news on this site,  news items without a source will be removed.  

If you are passing along your premonitions or intuitive insights, then be sure to state them as such rather than as fact. If premonitions are passed along without stating that they are premonitions, then that also will be removed or edited to reflect that the content is conjecture.  You can repost with sources of course! 

Thanks!  And thank you for all that you do for our community. 

RosieHeart, mariad, LB and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Kavanaugh will try to stop Mueller from moving forward, but that will have zilch effect, so Kavanaugh will get others to do it for him, even asking his other conservatives to help him.

Enkasongwriter, I want to pose a gentle question  to you, keeping in mind that appreciate your many posts.  

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Kavanaugh will get others to do it for him?  Please explain.  Also, how would Kavanaugh have zilch effect?  Kavanaugh would be, if confirmed, a supreme court justice.  He has just one power - to give his judicial decision which is one vote in 9. Of course, he will become a conservative majority in the court so together all of the conservatives can form a formidable voting block. 

RosieHeart, LB, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

I really don't think that Kavanaugh gets confirmed. I think that all of the uproar in the last two days (Bob Woodward's book and tomorrows's NYT op/ed) is giving enough key senators (Like Senator Collins) political cover to vote "No" on the confirmation. The president is getting weaker by the day.

RosieHeart, kksali, LB and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

I’m feeling out Roberts. He has the power to get justices to recuse from cases. He cares about the court’s credibility. He is deeply troubled about it getting involved in this ruckus. Alito Thomas Gorsuch are aligned against this concern already. Kavanaugh would be four.

Tarot friends tell me if my premonition is on point but I feel Roberts is destined to play a key role. 

ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

Jeanne, I was using an online I Ching site to cast the reading. The first number is the main casting, while the second number is the supporting casting. Interpretation is written in oracle, which is hard to understand. I tried to use meditation to see what will happen to Kavanaugh, but all I get is that he will be arrogant in the Supreme Court.

Paul, how is it possible that the Woodwark's book and the op-ed rumored to be written by Mattis will stop Kavanaugh? I think that the red-state democrats-i.e. Manchin and Heidicamp-would vote yes.

Frannie, why does it look like Roberts may recuse? I feel that Rosenstein, Mueller, and the ACLU are thorns that the Trump administration, Supreme Court, and the GOP may not be able to eradicate.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

Enkasongwriter, I just feel that as Trump loses "power" as his administration continues to unravel, there will be less and less fear of retribution by Republicans in Congress. I also feel that Dems will hold together on this because, red state or not, this guy is deeply unpopular. 

RosieHeart, kksali, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

I don’t think Roberts will recuse but that he will pressure Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to recuse. They won’t. But Roberts will side with the liberals.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I hear "confirmed" in my head. I hope it's wrong and just a loud voice in my head, but I don't feel that the chaos of the last few days is enough to get the rats to jump ship. What I mean is that the GOP will only abandon Trump when they are certain he is destroying them.  They are not certain about that yet. I feel Mitch feels he has the votes. 

Sophie, RosieHeart, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

I heard some good news. Senator Booker releases “confidential” emails of Kavanaugh. Republicans are furious but other democrats are joining in.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/405345-booker-releases-confidential-kavanaugh-documents

KB, Sophie, RosieHeart and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I can’t see anything clearly about this as I feel too emotional about this. I kept getting the feeling that something might happen last minute to turn the tide against his confirmation. I just read the following article which says that Kavanaugh has committed perjury multiple times (  https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/judge-brett-kavanaugh-should-be-impeached-for-lying-during-his-confirmation-hearings.html ) but no one seems to care enough to hold him accountable. 

KB, Marley, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

I follow a couple of mediums on youtube, and both say that either Kavanaugh doesn't get confirmed, or if he does he won't be on the court for long. They said this before the perjury stuff came up during the confirmation hearings. Because the White House has refused to release most the of information related to Kavanaugh's time in the Bush administration (probably because it's really, really bad) doesn't mean it will never be released. It will come out eventually, and can jeopardize his seat on the court, even if he is confirmed.

I follow Sup Ct stuff pretty closely, and this is what I get: while the right wing has a lot of power, and may be able to move the court to the extreme right for a time, I don't see it lasting for a generation. I don't feel it lasting. Now this may be wishful thinking, but I don't see that their plans will turn out the way they hope. If anything, it will bear fruit for a few years, but it won't last. 

LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 15
Share: