Bernie Sanders and ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Things are stirring

(@yes2maybe)
Trusted Member Registered

I agree that Warren's moment has passed. I really respect her but she's completely polarizing and frankly, I'm exhausted by the thought of that energy continuing for another term. I feel the same about all the other big, shiny names that have been thrown around so far - Biden, Beto, Bernie, Booker, Harris, Swalwell, Kennedy, etc. I'm ready for someone who is reasonable, competent, low drama, and who maybe has a shot at breaking through the partisan gridlock (I know, but I'm allowed to dream, right?) I don't think I'm the only one. My husband has been predicting Hickenlooper for the past year. I thought he was joking, and I can't even think "President Hickenlooper" without giggling to myself, but the more I learn about that guy, the more I feel like he might be right. I personally like the (literal) sound of a Hickenlooper/Harris ticket. And I think running a Democrat from a western, non-coastal state could work to the party's (and the country's) advantage. We'll see. It will be interesting to see where the collective consciousness lands. 

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Just watched Elizabeth Warren on Rachel Maddow.  Loved watching her.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdMIv8a_huE

Here's a short interview: She called Donald Trump "an accelerant" of the dark money corruption.  She is the real deal.  

Here's the whole segment that shows Eliz Warren's consistent message going back to 1998:   https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethWarren/videos/394115507822243/  I think she's back in her power.

CDeanne and CDeanne reacted
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

I have to second Yes2maybe. Warren and lots of the names being bandied about right now don't seem to possess the modest, unifying energy suited to this moment. I keep looking at the predictions for the year 2024, and I do think "the next big thing" in progressive American politics is going to be someone we don't know about yet; someone obscure, a state senator perhaps, and we may have to wait several years for this person (likely a she) to emerge. As far as 2020 goes, another stolen election seems to be a distinct possibility, and perhaps we need the shock and disappointment of that in order to mature and usher in a new paradigm of politics in the 2020s. 

Michele, LalaBella, Michele and 1 people reacted
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @the-mad-scientist

I feel that Senator elizabeth Warren is going to be  active and involved in the 2020 Election. 

Warren is having some very deep thoughts about running in 2020. She is without doubt, very talented and skillful, knows what she is doing, and intends doing it. What is she going to do?

OK. she will start dropping hints, over the remainder of this year, about being the female democrat who runs in 2020. (There will be others, initially, but they quickly drop away. She is the only democrat women who matches Sanders politics. So its a no brainer. She has the support and capacity of the liberal, left, and female vote, right there. The problem is, so does Sanders. ooops!. So they have to converge. if they do, there is only one possible outcome, they have to run as a joint ticket, a duo act. so one is presidential candidate, and one the vice presidential candidate. Since Bernie has huge latent support, (I get that ALL the people who voted for him last time, are in, on this, plus a lot of people who were tempted and regret not supporting him now.) This is a sort of Democratic landslide in the primaries. But:

she will be very careful. She will use a journo she knows, who supports her, and will say something on the media, that is deniable, but intriguing. From then on,it gets slowly hotter. She and Bernie are basically running down the same track. But it becomes clear that something is going on. The two of them are on polite terms. If Bernie persuades her to run as veep, the outcome is inevitable. She takes the slot. But lays down very clear conditions. 

She has already, internally, almost made up her mind. She knows she has to start sending signals, and feeling out the ground, by New year. This will be done very cleverly, although she has an impulse to be bold on this. She holds back. But she is going to start working very hard inside the democratic party, to support the program and ideas of Sanders, regarding restructuring and cleaning up the Democratic Party. 

So the two of them will start doing a little sort of Courtship dance, from beginning early 2018 onwards. This is all very very early stuff. But, as the year progresses, we will, by  New year in 2020, find her and Bernie standing in the snows of New Hampshire, grinning. They perform the ritual of the primaries, and this is the first test of how the public votes for them. At this stage, it is not clear if they are independent of each other, but they are running down the track. After that, it gets interesting. 

I think that eventually, they make the pact, and its Warren in Veep position, and Bernie mobilising and awakening his vast sleeping army, who will awake, and go forth. I think the actual position will be clear by Spring 2020. They converge, then, if not sooner. Warren is very strong that she wants to do something. 

I did get a lot of interesting other stuff, about Warren, tactics, and her ideas. I am going to post that later, after more work. I have to say though, that from this time onward of next year, she has to be in warrior mode, she also has to be very careful, and watch out for dangers, as there are powerful dark forces in america, that we all know about. They will watch, be alerted, and try to stop her. If she links with bernie, these elements  have major problems. The same applies to Bernie. 

I will say though, that if there are differences between Liz and Bernie, its about tactics, and strategies, not goals and objectives. In the meantime, they are converging, as Bernie works away like a steam engine on restructuring and reorganising, and outflanking the carpetbaggers and machine politicians of the party. They both are very clear that the big push, that puts them in pole position, is from the grass roots, from the people. 

More later. this is going to play out over the next 21 months. 

This is a quote from Zoron from 2017. I thought i would repost here since in the recent post under Bernie Sanders FIVE81993 commented about this. I know I've said I liked a Warren/Buttigieg ticket, but my husband and I (back when Hillery was running) both thought that if Hillery had made Bernie her VP they would have kicked DJT's clock. 

In re-reading this, I now think that Zoron was right and I pray and hope we have a Sanders/Warren ticket (however that plays out) because that would be just what this country needs. Perhaps we can send energy to this duo and prayers for this ticket especially after Bernie's recent heart issue. My feeling is Bernie would even agree to be her VP if that's what it took so I'm sending my light to them both.

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
Page 3 / 3
Share: