Bernie Sanders and ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Things are stirring

Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

So does anyone have an insight on this Donna Brazile attack on Hilary? Now she is peddling back!:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/donna-brazile-2016-primary/index.html

but that's after after she dedicated her book to Seth Rich, a DNC staffer murdered and center of many right-leaning conspiracy theories, which will certainly go to town now.

Is this one of the events that lead to Sanders and Warrens rising?

Is this the beginning of the end of the 2 party system (I think the US could use a party that represents actual leftist values some of which Bernie represents, the DNC is pretty much centrist)? I have so many questions....

lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

From the moment I heard about this, I though that there's something we're not being told.  There is something personal that she's not disclosing.  This feels very personal to me.  I think she might have felt mistreated but the Clinton campaign, and may have interpreted the treatment as racially biased (which could be completely legitimate).  But this is what I got from the start.  There is something else here that's a back story and we're not hearing it.

Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

Sanders is thinking about 2020"

"Over three dozen Democrats are currently considering running to challenge Trump, making the potential primary unpredictable. But if Sanders were to opt for a run, the field would likely shape itself around him — and he would find himself a target — as it might also for his fellow co-favorites, former Vice President Joe Biden and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/25/bernie-sanders-2020-team-meeting-368148

(@dcd2510)
Reputable Member Registered

I am not a person who necessarily sees visions, but have felt a connection to the spiritual world before.
I get a feeling that Bernie could be the Democratic nominee in 2020, with Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris. Either way, I think Kamala Harris will play a big role in a Sanders admin if it happens. I also see change coming, Millenials and Gen Z will help create the change, along with older Progressives. I don't think that if Bernie wins he will be able to do everything, I see him raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour, and rebuilding services like Social Security. I see him taking a lot of Climate action, but maybe not a Green New Deal. I am unsure about Medicare for All.

mariad, Jeanne Mayell, mariad and 1 people reacted
(@dcd2510)

Hi all, you are Americans so probably heard it first, but Warren is running in 2020.

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

(@dcd2510)

Posted by: Jessi1978

Yes she is looking into it

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/31/politics/elizabeth-warren-exploratory-committee-2020/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Does that mean she is most likely going to run?

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

DcD, Probably but not necessarily.

How it works involves a lot of strategic planning often way in advance to "test the waters" and check out other potential candidates,  their own chances for success and most of all the kind amount of fundraising that seems available which they often base on expressions of interest in their candidacy.

The calculation varies depending on the candidate: Lesser-known Democrats could try to generate publicity by moving first, while more established contenders, such as former Vice President Joe Biden or Sen. Bernie Sanders could likely afford to wait.

Every candidate will measure the implications of an announcement’s timing on how it will affect their ability to raise money.

As this article in Politico says:

"Expect the following two months to bring a rash of exploratory committees, a stutter step allowing candidates to begin fundraising and forming a campaign infrastructure.

By “testing the waters,” in Federal Elections Commission parlance, a candidate can avoid reporting fundraising until after they formally announce."

Re

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/11/08/2020-election-democrats-announcement-971777

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I am not excited by the fact that if she runs, our Republican governor, Charlie Baker, will be choosing her replacement in the Senate.  He endorsed an ultra right Trumper who ran against her last November.  

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I don't know but I don't see her running. She might be testing the water to see the kind of feedback she will receive with the voters. For one she reminds me too much of Hillary Clinton and we already saw what happened. It has to be someone stronger. I don't know why but I keep thinking a black hair women.

CDeanne and CDeanne reacted
(@dcd2510)

Posted by: Jessi1978

I don't know but I don't see her running. She might be testing the water to see the kind of feedback she will receive with the voters. For one she reminds me too much of Hillary Clinton and we already saw what happened. It has to be someone stronger. I don't know why but I keep thinking a black hair women.

Running for President? Or VP?

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

We need Sen. Warren to stay in the Senate, and she can't win the presidency anyway. She's too much of a flashpoint. I'm going to find out where to write with her and start a letter campaign asking her NOT to run.

CDeanne, CDeanne, Anonymous and 1 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

DcD2510  I agree with Laura F. I just don't see her winning. I don't get that vibe for her. If she runs and wins the bid either for President or VP it is going to be another disaster like Hillary Clinton. She needs to stay were she is. She is needed more in the Senate then out there campaigning. Can you imagine she will be another Hillary 2.0. The democrats have to pick someone different. If they want a women to run, they need to look at how all the women who won a seats this past November.

LalaBella, CDeanne, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
(@2eyeshaveit)
Eminent Member Registered

I wrote this in another thread, but shortly after Trump won and I was watching a speech by her, it was like a voice in my head saying, "It's you, Elizabeth." As in, it would be a nail-biter, but against all odds, she'd actually beat him and win in 2020. But it would be very, very tough, and require all hands on deck.

As I wrote before, this makes no logical sense. I don't do readings. "Common sense" says the country could not elect her. But I can't shake that.

TriciaCT, Baba, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@2eyeshaveit)
Eminent Member Registered

Also, since this thread is about Bernie and Elizabeth specifically, here's a news article indicating they met in advance of her announcing the exploratory committee. As they are friends, she wanted to let him know as a courtesy. In short, they are both probably running, but neither discouraged the other from doing so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-bernie-sanders-2020.html

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Turns out that warren can keep her senate seat while she runs.  So she  only has to give up her senate seat if she wins the presidency.  

Bee and Bee reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

What Jeanne says is correct, but I think it's important to keep in mind that Senate Rethuglicans will do their best to ensure any important floor votes are called while Sanders and/or Warren are out on the road campaigning. Sanders did Herculean efforts to not miss any votes in 2016, but he'll be 4 years older, it will be tough.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Back in May 2011 when I had never heard of Elizabeth Warren, my prediction group, which consisted of a handful of students who come to my house locally, did a meditation on the future and I specifically asked them to look at the upcoming election (Romney versus Obama) to determine who would win.

When we got to the part of the meditation that is November 2012, I saw a blond woman.  But it wasn’t just any blonde woman, it was a huge head of a blond woman that filled the screen, so whoever this blonde woman was, she was going to be a big deal. Another student also saw a blond woman.  Some speculated that perhaps we were seeing Mitt's wife Ann Romney.  But I didn't see why we'd be seeing Ann Romney who wasn't such a big presence.  I had posted the prediction here, showing "blond woman prominent in the election."  [sorry, I set up a new website since then so will have to find that link]

What unfolded that November was that the Massachusetts incumbent GOP Senator, Scott Brown, was unseated by a dynamic law professor named Elizabeth Warren. 

It was a big upset for Scott Brown.   But it was much more than that for national politics.  Because the woman who beat him became a powerful figure, one who would rise quickly to national prominence.  

I soon realized that the reason we'd seen Elizabeth Warren months earlier, and the reason her visage was so huge, was because she would be a big deal and likely be president someday. I started telling people she was going to be president some day.

I felt her window of opportunity was 2016.   I felt she was the one who could win and lead our country, take on the oligarchs and the dark money. I wrote to her along with many others  asking her to run. 

When she didn't run, I wondered if she had missed her time.  

Since she became such a huge figure among the dems, the GOP leadership did to her what any coach would do to a power player on an opposing team -  put extra players on her.  Go all out to keep her down.   So now she's been reduced in the eyes of people who believe what they read and give weight to surface stuff. They did the same to Hillary.

Sometimes it takes a new player who can rise from nowhere and take the opposition by surprise.  

In my mind, Warren had been the frontrunner  for president ever since she came into national politics in 2012, along with Bernie.  

But the opponents found a weakness in the Native American issue that they will continue to use against her.  It's sad that the electorate can be so shallow that they fall for that when the fact is that she has unflinchingly fought for the little guy and taken on the banks and the oligarchs. Together she and Bernie would be amazing.  

But I don’t feel her power now. Perhaps it will return.

CDeanne, LalaBella, mariad and 5 people reacted
(@mizmargo)
Estimable Member Registered

Some psychics I follow are saying the Dem nominee will be a younger man with a woman VP, perhaps a woman of color. This could be Eric Swalwell, Beto, Kamala Harris. Also, might be someone not too much in the public eye right now. None of the old guard will make it, except perhaps some in cabinet positions of the new administration. Also, most see Trump resigning this year, faking some health problems, just so he can get out. Pence will also resign, they say, and Pelosi may be interim president.

Also, Hillary will never run again, but she'll be smiling like crazy on the inaugural podium one day when the first woman prez is sworn in, so the Hillary haters can have a seat. She won the popular vote and many believe the votes were hacked (Russian-owned software and voting machines) and she will be vindicated. But I'm certain no apologies will come from those who still think she blew it by not going to Wisconsin, lol. No one was going to win but Trump, my friends. The Russians were seeing to that and most psychics now see him as preordained in order to wake up our country. Job DONE. Next!

Bee, mariad, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
(@dcd2510)

Beto doesn't have much of a Progressive record, so I'm not sure it would be him.

Page 2 / 3
Share: