Notifications
Clear all

Self-Isolating, Self-or Advised Quarantine: Our New Ways of Living and Coping

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@polarberry

I have tried over and over again to get my husband to plant just a little garden out back: tomatoes, small peppers, zucchini and herbs. He REFUSES. He will give me pots of herbs on the deck - period! ? ? 

He says because we live in the woods that the deer, bunnies, etc. will ravage it and he doesn't want to take care of it. He knows I don't have the time nor skill (I am not a good gardener, he is much better) so that's the end of that. Everyone around us has chickens and their chickens sometimes run around on our driveway. I think the chickens are funny, but that's another thing he refuses. I just hope we find enough fresh food and veggies to sustain us locally since we have a lot of little farmers around.

BlueBelle, JourneyWithMe2, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@deetoo

Fabulous fun! 

@luminata 

You thought of everything but his Easter Peeps!

?????   

Gotta laugh at how things are already so we don't cry!

?????

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@triciact

I actually prefer to put the veggies in pots for the same deer and bunny issues. Easier too, because I can just go on the patio to tend. Stuff like rhubarb and zucchini gets too big but the tomatoes and peppers do beautifully. See if you can get one of those Aerogardens for your kitchen. They work beautifully for herbs, and you can even grow tomatoes and lettuce in them. The nice thing about using them for herbs is that you can just snip them right off while cooking.

We're lucky in that if I can't make it to the grocery store, a lot of our neighbors sell eggs. The baby chicks are so cute, though. I like the brown ones.

TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f

your rant about your landscape/yard workers made me recall a funny incident with my ex years ago...his favorite thing to do was weed whack the heck out of everything ( I don't know..maybe being married to me was very high stress LOL)... I had a large pot of chives that I went to harvest some of for a dish I was preparing that day.. only to find them surgically cut down to a half inch tall. I went in to full red-headed warpath on him as I was tired of the indiscriminate whacking down of my herbs and flowers. as it was not the first time it happened. He protested he didn't do it...He just stood and shook all over with eyes tearing up as I flamed him with my wrath... I had to eat my words and apologize for my furious display and eat a large plate of crow.... when I found a robins nest the next day.. with all the chive stems woven throughout her nest. *sigh*  The lesson I took away from that? Walk away before those angry words leave my mouth - because once spoken they can not be recalled... and.. often cause worse damage than the offense. We laughed about it for quite some time.. but.. he continued to weed whack my yard so much not a single blade of grass made it...when we divorced in 2009 he said that he did that deliberately because of that incident. *sigh* If I were paying someone to do it? I would definitely require them to ameliorate the damages tho.

polarberry, Coyote, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@michele-b

The way you formatted the repost of your no contact shopping info made me chuckle. I felt like I was reading postmodern poetry ? .

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@coyote

I love it! 

I actually taught Modern Poetry as an undergraduate. If Post Modern Poetry had been a thing in 1972 I would have loved it! 

I did however, at the very end include some controversial poetry out of Vietnam about the ongoing  Vietnam  War. 

TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2, Coyote and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@journeywithme2

I've heard back from the owner. I've asked him to bring me 4 packs nasturtium seeds, a basil plant and a greek oregano plant. And to park them on my front stoop. He agreed, and he very kindly asked me if we needed anything else from anywhere that he could bring us, which got him back in my good graces. I said no thanks, but kind of you to ask. This whole thing was so triggering because it's happened once a year for the past 3 years. I can forage for nasturtiums for now, but looking at my poor semi-decapitated king palm still makes me angry.

In better news, my loquat tree will have a bumper crop this year. I puree them and freeze for future use (loquat bread), use them to make some chutney, and the rest I distribute to neighbors and also local homeless. The tree came with the house, and I do nothing to it, not even fertilize, and it gives me a million loquats every April-May. I harvest as much as I can, I leave the topmost ones for the birds, and any that fall to the ground I toss into the canyon - our local skunk family loves them.

Went to my local grocery stores today - both have shortened hours to allow for more cleaning an re-stocking. The Vons has special hours 7-9am for seniors, immunosuppressed, etc., so we went at 7:15am. It was still too packed, and there were way too many young people who I doubt are immunocompromised (because if so, they should be wearing a mask in public regardless of pandemic).  We scored a few rolls of paper towels so that's a win.

Hoping the weather improves - hubby and I would like to head out for a hike in the desert...

TriciaCT, Michele, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Parking this here.

Imagine being on a river trip for weeks and coming home to a changed world.  There have been a number of people who have experienced just that. Some on wilderness retreats, others on rafting trips  and all out of contact. with civilization.   

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/03/19/grand-canyon-rafters-coronavirus-moos-ebof-pkg-vpx.cnn

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, CDeanne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures

Wow.. I bet that made them want to head right back out to the water! and camp!!

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

I am in Mexico attempting to get back to Canada with my husband and cat. Each time we accelerate our return (by paying a lot of $$ to change the date) something happens. WestJet cancelled all flights the next day & we rushed to get home via Chicago. As it stands, we leave Puerto Vallarta on Sunday with a transit in O’Hare but I am now hearing of southern border closures and, on this forum, a national lockdown in the US. So now I am wondering if we will leave this weekend or should we just batten the hatches down here in Mexico until commercial flights resume, which could be in a month or so. Fortunately, we have the resources to do so. We are in a small community - by the ocean - and our place is behind high walls and there is a private pool for me to swim in. The supermarket (still well stocked) is a few minutes away. There are concerns that Mexico is a little lax with not closing its borders and may be like Italy but if our third attempt at flying out is cancelled again, should I just be reading it as a sign from the Universe to just stay? And avoid crowded planes and crowded transit stops like Chicago? There is the press of public opinion & from the Canadian govt to get back as soon as possible and repatriation flights are put on at last minute but we are 2 “seniors” and a cat. I am concerned about lining up in a crowded airport in the hope of a standby repatriation flight. Would love any input from all the light workers on this forum. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@pikake

Get out asap. Planes are empty and so are airports.

BUT try not to layover in the US, as our border with Canada is closed, so you'll be stuck in Chicago. Try to get a direct flight to Vancouver (or Toronto, depending where you are in Mexico), and from there you can get wherever you need to in Canada.

TriciaCT, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Posted by: @pikake

but if our third attempt at flying out is cancelled again, should I just be reading it as a sign from the Universe to just stay

When my surgery for this week in NYC was cancelled over the weekend, I took that as a sign from the universe that it wouldn't be safe to expose myself via surgery in a COVID hotspot, let alone any hospital. So if your gut says it's not safe to try to get home after a third commercial cancellation, then go with it. As for your current plans to fly through O'Hare, have you done all of your research to make sure you will be allowed to pass through customs into Canada, even if you are a citizen? These regulations and restrictions are changing at lightning speed, so don't be surprised if you land in Chicago and find out the situation is different than it was a few hours before.

These aren't easy decisions, so, as I said, if you're swayed by a gut instinct, it might be a good idea to listen to it. 

Frank, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I just read that there is a secret recording (which I think is now online) located by NPR where  Senator Burr said weeks ago that all of this was going to happen. Apparently he told a group of constituents. You can find the info pretty easily.

ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@coyote @Laura F, Thank you both for your opinions. I’ll know soon enough if we get to fly out - and if we are cancelled for a third time, we are hunkering down here. There is so much stress associated with trying to get out with our beloved cat we feel we are shirtcircuiting our immune system. The airlines are not making it easy.  @coyote, I was glad to read your story to not push the surgery. Yes, we can get into Canada from the US, that has been confirmed. I had received some guidance to stay ‘cos it is much easier to self isolate here than in Toronto, a city of millions in a state of emergency, and we had actually started taking precautions a week ago. 

TriciaCT, Laynara, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

We have self-isolated and I am scrambling to work out school arrangements. Although schools in Australia are still open, our school closed early this week, due to contact with a confirmed case. 

So, like others here on the forum, I have been feeling crazy energies. Most of all I feel as though I am absorbing so many conflicting energies - fear, anxiety, the desire to help, confusion about how to help, overreacting, underreacting. I think that this is compounded by the fact that when we’re anxious, it’s even harder to communicate. 

When I try to meditate, I find it extremely difficult at the moment. Wednesday’s meditation was a big, big exception, an oasis of calm. So @jeanne-mayell and everyone who participated, and everyone who posts or lurks on this forum - you are life-savers!

I had a bizarre dream on March 6 related to Covid-19 that I wanted to document. 

Here’s the dream: I was living in an apartment block in a city that was basically rubble. It looked like Idlib in Syria. However, it did not feel as though there was a war going on. The city was vibrant, people were going about their business, and just accepting the rubble around them. I got a sense that everyone knew that everything was in shambles, but was free of fear. I was with my mother, walking through the area with its crumbling apartment blocks, when we saw children having a friendly conversation with the Obama family. The Obamas were leaning over the edge of their balcony on the top floor and conversing with the children on the street below in a friendly, jovial, relaxed manner.

We took a bus to the city centre and got some medicine from a pharmacy for my mother. Everything looked and felt normal, except for the rubble everywhere. I felt relieved, because I had been worried that the medicine would not be available - my mother has had fairly severe respiratory health issues for the past 30 years.

I felt as though the rubble is the state of the earth as it is now. To an extent, we are comfortable with the shambles we have left the earth in. Except that we can now see the devastation more clearly. 

I also think that the Obamas were a sign that reassurance and warmth will come from those who live with us in our communities. They have skills we aren’t necessarily aware of and will draw on those now. They are truly ‘with’ us and will help us forge our way through this. We probably won’t be looking to those who currently wield traditional power (in politics, business etc.) although they are doing the best they can. I also thought that there was a message in it for all of us who are worried about parents and elderly loved ones because of Covid-19. We will still have access to more resources than we think. Our elderly loved ones are less worried than we are, and stronger than we know. What matters is nurturing our connection to them, even if they live a long way away (as my mother does).

Love to all. Please stay well.

TriciaCT, LalaBella, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@suspira44.here is the link to the NPR story you mentioned.  Burr is such a scoundrel. If the GOP system weren't so corrupt, he'd be investigated and prosecuted by the SEC for insider trading. 

deetoo, TriciaCT, Suspira44 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@coyote You must have felt a vibration in the force when you wrote about rapidly changing birder restrictions. Shortly after reading your post, I was in an energy transmission session with a Toronto-based healer and the text came from United that our Chicago-Toronto portion was cancelled! On a lighter note, the guidance I received to stay came from my cats - one across the rainbow bridge and therefore a spirit guide -  through an animal communicator. They sent a picture of the plane being cancelled. So, we are hunkering down for a couple of weeks as per their guidance. Thank you for your input.

deetoo, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

They say Oklahoma isn't doing much, but I went to the court house and they wouldn't let me in; told me to mail the papers so when I went to the post office, the lady was cleaning the counter. She was wearing a plastic cover and gloves. I didn't notice a mask cause I was busy with my envelope, but I'm sure she was. I don't normally see anybody when I'm out to feed animals except for the homeless man whom I try to give a bite everyday, I feel I'm pretty self- isolating except when I go to Walmart. 

deetoo, TriciaCT, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

My husband and I have been in isolation for over three weeks. Weeks before any warnings came out but choosing to stay home without any contact with our children or grandchildren and internet ordering all of our food or essentials that we hadn't realized we'd need for more than two weeks and had stored in our Cascadia Sub-incuction Fault/ Tsunami shelves. 

I've had only small passing whiffs of anxiety come in because any true anxiety is not for ourselves but our own family who by nature of health crises or essential jobs continue to commute to high risk locations (potential contact with state leaders)  or medical facilities on an everyday basis where others must also go. Others who are coughing and sneezing without wearing masks as the general public emptied patients or staffs supplies.

But that too is passing not huge. Ive already faced and dealt with and survived crises my whole entire life. Facing death or loss if loved ones are very real concerns in my life and not simple generalized anxiety. Writing this I feel all if your anxieties but I will walk outside, pet my cats or talk to my chickens and  drink hot lemon water to help neutralize (real or energetic 'germs'  ?)

I know not that in many respects I was created to deal with these times in so many energetic, spiritual and even physical ways. And I know intrinsically,  intuitively how to cope 

And if any of this changes then i will take bigger and longer breaks from everything but my own family inter-communications as we all express concerns or exorcise our shadows of connection or relationship. I want and need the diary of my life to be more and trust me it is!

But how are we are all coping is so much more than our daily routines. We have an entire world responding in wonderful or quite irresponsible ways.

We are at a crossroad with our personal and community behaviors and many more will die over what could last for a very long time as we ignore our own responses.

This is so much more than but might include keeping a daily journal. Instead of writing about (as my m-i-law did about what she cleaned, ate, or who came to visit)  for decades in her journals. These were so "her" they made us laugh but its not the gift to all of us that they might have been.

What if she wrote instead about how much it meant to her when our families stopped in to visit, or how an unexpected gift of a son's visit with a tiny vase of hand picked violets 

What if she finally had found a way to thank her sons for taking turns living with her and wheeling her into the bathroom and supporting her balance.

What if she finally had expressed one line even to tell any single one of us that she'd loved us when saying it out loud was so hard that she teared up even trying?

What could all of us be doing now in our real lives and not online that might truly matter and make a difference in others lives as well as our own?    

*Godwink..Scott Kelly just came on sharing this very message from his experiences as an astronau . I so love it when a spiritual affirmation cones in so loud and clear  *Godwink

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/understanding-prediction-and-consciousness/godwinks-the-power-of-synchronistic-coincidences/

villager, BlueBelle, Frank and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

My husband and I have been in isolation for over three weeks. Weeks before any warnings came out but choosing to stay home without any contact with our children or grandchildren and internet ordering all of our food or essentials that we hadn't realized we'd need for more than two weeks and had stored in our Cascadia Sub-incuction Fault/ Tsunami shelves. 

I've had only small passing whiffs of anxiety come in because any true anxiety is not for ourselves but our own family who by nature of health crises or essential jobs continue to commute to high risk locations (potential contact with state leaders)  or medical facilities on an everyday basis where others must also go. Others who are coughing and sneezing without wearing masks as the general public emptied patients or staffs supplies.

But that too is passing not huge. Ive already faced and dealt with and survived crises my whole entire life. Facing death or loss if loved ones are very real concerns in my life and not simple generalized anxiety. Writing this I feel all if your anxieties but I will walk outside, pet my cats or talk to my chickens and  drink hot lemon water to help neutralize (real or energetic 'germs'  ?)

I know not that in many respects I was created to deal with these times in so many energetic, spiritual and even physical ways. And I know intrinsically,  intuitively how to cope 

And if any of this changes then i will take bigger and longer breaks from everything but my own family inter-communications as we all express concerns or exorcise our shadows of connection or relationship. I want and need the diary of my life to be more and trust me it is!

But how are we are all coping is so much more than our daily routines. We have an entire world responding in wonderful or quite irresponsible ways.

We are at a crossroad with our personal and community behaviors and many more will die over what could last for a very long time as we ignore our own responses.

This is so much more than but might include keeping a daily journal. Instead of writing about (as my m-i-law did about what she cleaned, ate, or who came to visit)  for decades in her journals. These were so "her" they made us laugh but its not the gift to all of us that they might have been.

What if she wrote instead about how much it meant to her when our families stopped in to visit, or how an unexpected gift of a son's visit with a tiny vase of hand picked violets 

What if she finally had found a way to thank her sons for taking turns living with her and wheeling her into the bathroom and supporting her balance?

What if she finally had expressed one line even to tell any single one of us that she'd loved us when saying it out loud was so hard that she teared up even trying?

What could all of us be doing now in our real lives and not online that might truly matter and make a difference in others lives as well as our own?    

*Godwink..Scott Kelly just came on sharing this very message from his experiences as an astronau . I so love it when a spiritual affirmation cones in so loud and clear  *Godwink

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/understanding-prediction-and-consciousness/godwinks-the-power-of-synchronistic-coincidences/

SisterMoon, TriciaCT, SisterMoon and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: