Notifications
Clear all

Points of Light During Covid-19

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

OMG that gave me goosebumps! That song has always made me FEEL so much but these folks really touched me. Thank you sweet LOVEendures!  ? ? 

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

To the tune of the Weekend's Blinding Lights" This will lift your spirits and create joy! Points of joy and light indeed.

Joyful Garage Dad Dance With Two Adult Sons Go Viral | Time

Some believe that the most qualified leaders of movements are the reluctant ones. And, most certainly, it’s usually the most reluctant ones who have the best moves.

That is most definitely the case for a dad from Louisville, Ky. who is causing some good old Internet breakage thanks to his participation in a TikTok dance challenge.

It took some convincing to get the hammy patriarch of the McFarland family — the McFarlands, as they have dubbed themselves on TikTok — away from his screen and onto the world stage.

He’s reluctant at first. But then he comes to his senses and answers the call.
And oh, is this a dance. To the tune of The Weeknd’s hit “Blinding Lights,” the trio’s choreography is on point and their makeshift stage presence is through the roof.

Papa McFarland is giving you jubilant arms as he swims through the air. He is giving you footwork so fancy it’s your new workout plan. He is giving you Michelle Kwan-level confidence as he is lifted overhead by his sons.

Watch the set-up here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/karenyhan/status/1243180807029694465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1243206712565194753&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F5810855%2Fblinding-lights-dad-dance%2F

And their better video shooting fabulous performance here:

https://time.com/5810855/blinding-lights-dad-dance/

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, raindrop and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raindrop)
Prominent Member Registered

@michele-b

Fun and sweet!

deetoo, Michele, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@raindrop

I'm sending the link and telling them that their dad and I (70 year olds) are making a dance video outside of our garage and putting it on YouTube.

I was a community aerobics instructor in in the 80s and my kids resurrected one of my VHS taped homemade videos and had it digitized along with their childhood tapes as a gift.

My tiny grandkids got a real kick out of young grandma and started moving to it and my kids were blown away that i used ABBA in the 80s for the music ??

?????

TriciaCT, deetoo, raindrop and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raindrop)
Prominent Member Registered

Posted by: @michele-b

@raindrop

I'm sending the link and telling them that their dad and I (70 year olds) are making a dance video outside of our garage and putting it on YouTube.

I was a community aerobics instructor in in the 80s and my kids resurrected one of my VHS taped homemade videos and had it digitized along with their childhood tapes as a gift.

My tiny grandkids got a real kick out of young grandma and started moving to it and my kids were blown away that i used ABBA in the 80s for the music ??

?????

Hahaha! But of course you used ABBA! What else would you use in the '80s?? Way to model fun and self-care, Grandma! I hope some day I get to be a grandma, and I will keep you in mind as the role model par excellence. Such a sweet image in my mind of dancing grandkids trying to keep up with you.

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@michele-b

Ha my ringtone on my first iphone was Dancing Queen!  Now I will always think of you when I hear that song :)

BlueBelle, Michele, raindrop and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@michele-b, I can't wait to see your youtube video.  Shake that fanny!

I love you, gal -- you always make me smile.  ❤️ ? ❤️ 

BlueBelle, Michele, raindrop and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@triciact

Hahaha. Love it! Great song! 

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@deetoo

Love you² dee²

Hahahaha!

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

The incredible front line health care workers battling COVID-19 in hospitals everywhere are amazing points of light showing intensely passionate and caring compassion in their endless and exhausting work of helping patidnts all over the world.

But their beacons of light are cresting an amazing awareness of the work they do and the incredible gratitude from those they help.

This note of gratitude and thanks just touched my heart: 

Cleveland Clinic coronavirus patient left a touching message after ICU discharge - CNN:

"This window has been the most impactful window in my life. On days when I watched you work hard to keep me and others alive, unable to thank you for the time that you poured into me - and although I will probably never get the chance to pour that same love and support into you, I want you to know think you all are rockstars. 

I watched some of you have good nights and some bad nights but what was consistent every night was that you care for people.

Today I leave this ICU a changed person, hopefully for the better, not only because of your medical healing and God's direction and guidance, but with the fact of knowing that there are such wonderful people dedicated to the care and concern of others.

God bless each of you."

To our caregivers, you uplift and inspire us all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/cleveland-clinic-coronavirus-patient-message-trnd/index.html

FEBbby23, BlueBelle, Stillnessnmind and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@michele-b  Thank you for finding and posting that. I opened my heart in a way I needed.  I have a friend about to go to the front lines to the ICU patients.  I want to protect her. She is so beautiful and caring and I pray she and so many like her will be safe.  

BlueBelle, Stillnessnmind, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

On that same note @Michele-b, I saw a post on FB today which touch me deeply.  It was of a plane filled with people and each person was making a heart shape with their hands.  They were doctors and nurses headed over to NYC to help. 

Hard to not cry.  

On 9-11 it was the firefighters running to danger and often to their deaths. Now it is our doctors and nurses and wiithout protection.

lenor, BlueBelle, Stillnessnmind and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures

Ohhhh!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!! Yes... this very special song has great meaning for me and mine as well. Prayers ,Light, Love and Hope to us all.

lenor, TriciaCT, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This classical ensemble group from a symphony orchestra in Little Rock is playing a bedtime lullaby each night. They are soothing and lovely! https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/03/25/arkansas-symphony-orchestra-classical-music-facebook/?arc404=true

Lovendures, TriciaCT, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I love this! The Completely Correct Guide to Vacationing at Home shows us how to turn our homes into a spa while sheltering in place.  Aromatherapy, making special treats as if you are at a fancy hotel, like serving a hot chocolate with peppermint or a hot rum toddy with maple syrup and lemon in the evening.  So you can take a vacation and stay where you are. 

BlueBelle, Stillnessnmind, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Have fun with family and friends -- There is an online social games site called jackboot.tv that allow friends and family to play together virtually.   It is a blast. You need a computer and smart phones. 

BlueBelle, Lovendures, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This made me cry (in a good way). Everyday at 7 pm in NYC people cheer for the doctors and medical professionals on the front lines. 

lenor, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stillnessnmind)
Honorable Member Registered

@lovendures What you mentions sounds like a flight filled with Canadian nurses and doctors going to help New York.?

lenor, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@stillnessnmind

What I saw didn't say where they were from, but if it was indeed Canada, man, that makes it even more emotional.  

Trying to find the balance of feeling what is happening ( meaning not being numb) and not getting overwhelmed.

@journeywithme2 , I am very glad you liked the song.  True points of light out there.

lenor, Stillnessnmind, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 10
Share: