Notifications
Clear all

Points of Light During Covid-19

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

I saw this today and cried.  A group of high school choral chamber singers had their concert canceled because of covid-19. So they figured out a way to record it virtually.  

What a wonderful way to touch the world.  

Also, this happens to be my family's "song".  We have sung it for my Dad's birthday and for my In-Laws 50th anniversary party..  My daughter even plays ukulele when we sing it together. We have sung it together since the girls we very little.  

https://news.avclub.com/ruthless-school-choir-stages-direct-assault-on-human-he-1842401804?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=_facebook&fbclid=IwAR2SGW5k7WPog3tSz3phnekvFtDRCLo46FpqMAcepDB5dh_tzDQS8UalgJ0

JourneyWithMe2, kksali, raindrop and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures their performance was absolutely beautiful ? they didn't let anything stop them from singing and that right there warms my heart.

Tiger-n-Owl, Lovendures, Tiger-n-Owl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@Lovendures That definitely brought tears to my eyes. Hawaii is very special to us - my husband and I were married in Maui. We had our vow renewal in the same resort a few years ago and Israel’s song had always captured the spiritual essence that is Hawaii. Such an uplifting performance by these young singers!

TriciaCT, Laynara, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

What happens when the human race shuts down? The animals move in and explore.

Watch fish, dolphins and wild boar explore new neighborhoods now vacated by people in Italy. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/mar/20/dolphins-and-fish-nature-moves-into-spaces-left-empty-by-italian-coronavirus-quarantine-video

TriciaCT, deetoo, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

I think you guys are really going to like this.

What does a musical theatre person do when they have to stay home during a pandemic?

Sing Coronavirus broadway songs of course.

Enjoy.  I dare you not to laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OCZRann8w&feature=youtu.be

TriciaCT, deetoo, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Oh!  Two Coronavirus Randy Rainbow videos!  Yeah!!!!

They are Really really good too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CCW4Xnp_sQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WimbyL_25Nw

Tiger-n-Owl, herondreams, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@coyote

I just saw your post.  How wonderful that you all are now with a family member.  This is fantastic.  I hope your time with family is an opportunity to create memories together.  I am sure being together is a comfort  all the way around.

Your brother made a great choice in driving to his visit his brother to stay  together.

deetoo, TriciaCT, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Calling all partners who are now hunkered down with another person (or two or more) and starting to go a little buggy.  I am resurrecting this NY Times article on how to train the American husband, (or wife,or significant other, or offspring) by using the same techniques they use to train exotic animals.  It works.  What Shamu Taught me about how to have a happy marriage.

This article was the most emailed NYTimes article the year it was published. It works and it's pretty funny.

JackofHearts, lynn, Goldstone and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

OMG I laughed the hardest at the CATS one "TP everyone's buying TP"....LOL

THANK YOU FOR THE LAUGH!!!!!!

ref:

Posted by: @lovendures

I think you guys are really going to like this.

What does a musical theatre person do when they have to stay home during a pandemic?

Sing Coronavirus broadway songs of course.

Enjoy.  I dare you not to laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OCZRann8w&feature=youtu.be

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@TriciaCT

You are welcome!  Without late night or SNL, you gotta find ways to laugh.  I loved that TP one too. 

I have also enjoyed the Raindy Rainbow Coronavirus ones ( posted above if anyone missed them) because I am familiar with him now and I can just sit back and appreciate  his brilliance.  

LalaBella, TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️  

"Love Sweet Love" sung to the World by Berklee College of Music.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️  

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/821041006/virtual-love-sweet-love-from-quarantined-berklee-college-of-music-students?utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR3qcqhHBcZ-MLTP4uSF0L01Okm4HHQzlm-CVVvdke16u0lW8slj8Cl2Mw8

kksali, Tiger-n-Owl, raindrop and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 D
(@dee)
Reputable Member Registered

People on my Facebook wall are singing songs to each other, baking bread, doing elaborate cooking projects.

deetoo, Lovendures, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Dyson ( Vacum company) has created  10,000 ventilators for the UK and 5,000 for international efforts.

They will be ready in early April.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html  

kksali, TriciaCT, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Folks, go on YouTube and search "Neil Diamond Washing Hands."  He's doing a variation of Sweet Caroline.  It's hilarious and touching.  I promise it'll make you smile. 

TriciaCT, Lovendures, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Wow this is wonderful and amazing!

So many many companies donating so much factory expenses time, money for workers and materials! 

TriciaCT, Lovendures, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Last night my son texted me that a number of nurses on his Instagram friends list were saying that 10,000 face mask kits using surgical mask grade of the dense anti-viral paper-fabric had  been assembled by hospital staff with colorful printed directions and drop off times into plastic bags for community pick-up by car in a big local parking lot. They needed followers to get the word out to those who sewed or quilted to pick up kits the very next day (today) to sew into face masks with rwo sets of ties using their cutting and sewing instructions and materials. We were to sew at home not in groups for social distancing and turn them in in groups of 50 to 100 in just a few days.

We got the word out as did many others on social media tagging friends with sewing machines by name.  Overnight there was a huge excited committment by many and hours ahead of time hundreds of cars lined up for kits beginning at 11:30 a.m. for the 1-3 p.m distribution.

We all had to be willing to sew 50 to 100 masks to be turned in within 5 days. Demand far far exceeded supply! Cars were backed up in all 4 lanes in all connecting streets so badly police had to be called to get everyone in, out, or around the crazy sewing ladies! 

No one could believe that many of us were willing to help. Many of us left empty handed as we arrived at 1 p.m. as asked. Early birds got them all. Happy Sewing lovely ladies and gents! The rest of us will try again at the next wave. 

The last minute willingness to help lit up the news waves and encouraged others to volunteer to make kits as well as masks as more paper-fabric is donated or procured.

Love my city's volunteer spirit! We may be twinkle lights not beacons but we get our volunteer work done and some of us even ahead of time ???

Frank, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mamaly)
Reputable Member Registered

I started a daily 'word' game via text message with my family today--comprised of my husband, son (whose 14), daughter (whose 24 and just arrived back from Germany on Sunday - and is in quarantine here in the house among the rest of us socially isolating), and my 31-year old son and his fiancé who are living in Portland, OR. Basically, I send out word (a word that is somewhat obscure that they won't know without looking it up), and they have to use it in a sentence. They're allowed to look up the word. Extra points for sentences with wit and creativity. The first word was "Deblaterate" - which means to babble or blather on. Here are the response:

Me: "Social distancing makes deblaterating difficult, unless you text your children constantly..."

My 24-year old daughter: "I spent almost every night [in Germany] around the table deblaterating with my roommates... you really get to know a person this way."

My 31-year old son: "I googled that word to get the definition and I’m still thrown off what it means, I don’t mean to to be difficult lets choose an easier word next time. I don’t wish to have to google the definition of the definition.  Sorry I’m deblaterating, I’ll be sure to contribute tomorrow."

My husband: "Sorry I missed this thread, I spent all day on Zoom thinking about beer, apocalypses, and talking dog videos while everyone around me deblaterated about stuff for hours. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

My 14-year old son (with a little help from his dad): "I almost peed my pants when I saw the word deblaterate. I almost deblaterated myself."

Awards went to the 14-year old (who had help from his dad!). ? Hope this brought a little smile to folks faces.

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, Pikake and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@mamaly

How fun!  What a great game  Mamaly!  Thank you for sharing it and the fun answers with us all.

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, Mamaly and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@mamaly

That is awesome!  What a great way to lift all of your spirits and shed a little light on  pretty obscure words!  Just hope someone asks me if i know what deblaterate means hahahaha.  I'll say yes I do and I deblaterate all the time and it drives my family crazy! Love words, love family and love family fun! You lit up my day with your family's great sense of fun ???

TriciaCT, Mamaly, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@mamaly So fun, so uplifting! Can’t wait to start this game with my friends and family! Thank you!

Mamaly, TriciaCT, Mamaly and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 10
Share: