Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

3,444 Posts
150 Users
38179 Likes
211.3 K Views
(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

@cc21I think scientifically, while we're seeing the death count rise now, August is when that "0.02%" number (not a real number I think, just one I've seen on social media as a reason for reopening without restriction) is going to be markedly higher.  It would make sense that if we start buckling down toward the end of this month (which seems tragically far from now to start buckling down) that we'd see higher death and long term illness rates around then that could push us into that much more hopeful September you drew!

I think this article sums up where we're headed by the end of this month: https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/natural-disasters/506841-top-white-house-coronavirus-adviser-says  

I'm unable to draw cards this exact second, but I took a few moments to mediate on your reading of September.  I saw the sky outside of my house which looked and felt like it has the last two weeks (yay!  Summer like weather into September?) and everything felt quiet.  That quiet is potentially the most important because while I live in the country, I'm on the main drag into the bigger town we live outside of and since Michigan reopened that road has been non-stop.  The quiet was reminiscent of April before the crazies started protesting lockdown.

As I argued with someone on Twitter about masks yesterday, it sort of hit me that we did do a good job overall of bringing the curve down, and large swaths of people don't personally know someone with massive COVID complications or who succumbed to the illness.  I think alongside the uncertainty of all of this that's really made some rational people crazy.

But if that death count continues to rise, it's going to force far more people to the realization that this is serious.

PamP, Baba, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Posted by: @dannyboy

But if that death count continues to rise, it's going to force far more people to the realization that this is serious.

This is one of those times when I thought about what I said and wanted to come back and clarify since "edit" had disappeared by the time I unburied from laundry.

Many people took this seriously the first time around.  I'm referring here to the people who laugh it off, call it "just the flu", rant about draconian stay at home orders, and fixate solely on the economic impact.

Share, PamP, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@dannyboy

Thanks for your feedback and meditation on Sept. I think you are right that we will all start seeing the deaths go up as the cases that are surging now fully come into play. I wonder if your "quiet" for Sept. indicates another stringent lockdown (either here in MI or in other areas of the country?) as we all try to get things more under control?

I have been reading lots of articles and posts the last couple of days on the whole issue of school opening and it is hitting me that COVID is nowhere near under control enough to safely open schools. It is not anywhere near under control enough for people to travel (countries not letting U.S. citizens in, etc.) or offices to get back to "meetings as usual in person", but people are willing to experiment with kids being back in the classroom in some form for 7 hours a day? Yes, some districts are going virtual or having that as an option, but many (including the two our girls go to) are waiting and watching and we haven't heard a final plan yet on how this will go. But even if we locked down instantly, today, it would still be iffy at the end of August to say, ok, we have seen enough of a drop to send kids back. Anyway - off my soapbox now. Trying to figure out what to do with my kids this fall and the COVID-coaster has been racing up and down all week on this issue.

PamP, lenor, Pikake and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@dannyboy I feel that the second wave will lead to more people to open their eyes. Good thing Trump's approval rating is declining.

PamP, DannyBoy, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@cc21 Nashville TN is walking back it's plans to start August 4th in person, saying today they'll start school virtually until at least Labor day. https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2020-07-09/nashville-reverses-course-says-schools-will-no-longer-reopen-in-august  

PamP, Baba, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@deetoo I’m glad to hear From you.  Sometimes it can be hard to refocus but it’s much better for us if we can.   I’m still trying to do it more.  Everything feels so heavy, things are scary.  If I let myself I feel like I can drown in it.  Then I read posts from people who love life, each other, this earth and I know that as long as we join each other we will come out the other end better than we are now.  Will it be easy?  Nope.  Will we get it all right, no.  But as long as we focus on the Light I believe we won’t go off the path.  This forum is a safe haven for uplifting thoughts.  When one of us is down people step up and offer comfort and encouragement.  How great is that?  Try to ease your heart and mind. You are not alone. Peace ❤️☮️

PamP, CC21, Baba and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@deetoo

You were my first friend here on this forum. I've been following the posts and kept meaning to comment and offer my support, I tend to read the forum when I can't get to sleep, and tend to fall asleep while I do. You have been on my mind though. 

This Covid has upended everyone. It takes so much effort to stay safe, clean, disinfected, and calm. I really do feel angry seeing unmasked people here and on tv. So dumb, and my ghost will be super pissed if I die due to other's willful ignorance. I'll Haunt Trump for you. 

PamP, CC21, Baba and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@ghandigirl I agree with your thoughts exactly and even thought it’s not funny your post made me laugh out loud.  So if I die I’ll help you haunt.  Promise ?

PamP, CC21, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@dannyboy

Yes - I think we will see more walking back from other schools/states (at least, I hope.) If cases are rising and things are not under control, it is irresponsible to open schools up. 

PamP, DannyBoy, Isabelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl and @febbby23

LOL!  Now I'm reconsidering my haunting idea, especially if I have my peeps to join me!   I don't want to feel left out.  So much for being decisive.  What about one day of merry mischief before we get down to the real work? 

I choose to believe, however, that we all have too much work to do here.  Let's try and be T and his enablers' worst nightmare here on earth.   May our fiery hearts never be extinguished!  ? ❤️ ? 

PamP, CC21, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Florida has 15,300 positive in 1 day!! I can’t fathom how DeSantis can go ahead and require all the schools to open in August. He and this administration is crazy. Florida is currently in 3rd place for the most positives by states. Between Texas and Florida and California they will soon pass NY and have 1st place. I remember a time when we in NY were hurting badly for so many deaths and positive and DeSantis and others said that is a Blue State problem. I guess he can’t say that anymore. He should be ashamed of himself. May he never be re-elected. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/12/coronavirus-update-us/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

PamP, ghandigirl, CC21 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@cc21 @Baba

Just this past week, I did a reading for someone who also asked what is going to happen with the pandemic.  So at the end of the Celtic Cross spread, I threw one more card specifically about the pandemic.  I pulled the Adjustment card.  I saw the pandemic as being a time of societal change, economic change, all the adjustment changes we are experiencing in this new reality.  

However, besides change and adjustment, our country is also dealing with karma.  Baba, this absolutely fits with your meditative vision about reckoning coming to the White House and administration.  As a country we are reaping a  karmic outcome when a percentage of society doesn't value science, doesn't respect the earth and doesn't respect diversity.  Karma is coming for everyone in this administration and everyone who has enabled this authoritarian regime.  It won't be long.  

@Baba, I love your visions and am so glad you share them with us.  @CC21, you are doing some impressive readings!

Namaste.

PamP, Baba, Vesta and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sidwich)
Honorable Member Registered

@cc21, yes much of that does resonate with me.  I had a few other "feelings" in addition:

Adjustment (Justice):  Justice will be served, whatever that is.  States and localities will get what they deserve.  If they were prudent and sacrificed for the greater good, they will be able to avoid at least some of the impact of the virus.  If they were selfish and threw caution to the wind, well... they will have to suffer the consequences.

Truce (4 of Swords):  I feel that many areas of the country will be in a form of shellshock.  They never expected that it could be this bad, and yet it is.  In many decks, the 4 of Swords appears as a sort of crypt, and unfortunately, I feel that morgues may be overflowing by September.  Many states may be in some sort of lockdown again.

Prudence (8 of Discs):  The 8 of discs is often called the "Card of the Apprentice", and I feel like this card is indicating that the United States may been the position of the apprentice by October.  The United States has been crazily arrogant in its approach to the virus, going its own way when clearly other countries have been handling it better.  I feel that by October, some people in government with some measure of power will start taking the cues of other countries to put into place measure to contain the virus.  The U.S. will have to humble itself on the international stage and be willing to learn.

I actually have been feeling that things will be looking up by the end of the year.  I don't know why (this isn't about the election).  But I think it's going to be a long, hard road until then.

FEBbby23, PamP, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@sidwich

Thank you so much for your feedback. Really interesting to read about your interpretations/feelings and also how these cards are represented in other decks. I didn't know that about the crypt representation of Truce or prudence being the card of the apprentice. So fascinating! I think you are right - the U.S. will have to humble itself and definitely be in the role of the apprentice to start learning how to get back on track from this. It is relentless (which I think so many of us are feeling right now) and is not going to let up anytime soon. Long, hard road for sure.

FEBbby23, deetoo, sidwich and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

I have been having flashes of WWII in my brain and the genocide that Hitler and the Nazi's were responsible for lately. I truly feel in my deepest part of my self that the Orange Nightmare, his supporters, Betsy Cruella DeVos, and all those supporting the POTUS (GOPers in FL, AZ, etc.) are actually complicit in trying to actively kill Americans - especially OLDER Americans - in order to save $$ for themselves from healthcare/medicare/medicaid, Social Security etc.  I firmly believe they want us to die. I just wish the dems had enough spine to come right out and say so on TV.

I also (while typing this) saw an Angel with a trumpet blasting it down upon us. OK ....I guess they will only be partly successful (the thousands who have died already and thousands more to come) but pay the biggest price someday soon. Until then... stay strong, send light and love and....Namaste!

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, PamP and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@cc21

“The apprentice”...oh the irony!

PamP, CC21, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@triciact it’s an awful thing to think, but I agree with you. They are like Scrooge in A Christmas Story, when confronted with all the deaths from starvation and disease, he said, and he was reflecting a view  that Dickens who grew up poor knew well-- that all those deaths would "decrease the surplus population.”

FEBbby23, PamP, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@lowtide - Ha!! I hadn't even thought of that :)

@bluebelle - thank you! How cool that you pulled Adjustment as well?! I absolutely agree - karma and justice are on the way. We have to hang in there. Each week, I think - last week was so heavy maybe it will let up now? It hasn't, as evidenced by so many of us posting about depression, heaviness, difficulty enduring. But if we can all just hang in there, I think we are getting the signs that justice and karma are on the way!

Share, PamP, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I just read in the NY Times about a 30 year old Texas man who died after attending a COVID party.  The premise of these parties is to either prove the virus is a hoax, or to intentionally expose people to the virus in order to gain immunity.

This man attended the gathering with an infected person, to test whether the coronavirus was real.  Just before he died, the man told his nurse:  “I think I made a mistake.  I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”

There are no words ...

Ms. C., Unk p, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@triciact

Yes.. I have been saying this for a while.. that they knew.. that the actions they took to pad their bank accounts before the market fluctuations crashed and wreaked havoc ( I am looking at those who attended that meeting then sold off stocks and purchased those that would prosper from the Pandemic.. like online software support etc etc ..Kelly Loefller for one)..they KNEW those delays would pick off the most vulnerable in our society (elders and POC) and were/are counting on population decreases especially in these sectors. I think they know very very well what they are about.  I just focus on sending Light and Love to expose the Truth and wake up the people to stop this genocide of citizens and environment.

MILILANI, Unk p, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 98 / 173
Share: