Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

3,444 Posts
150 Users
38179 Likes
211.4 K Views
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@elaineg  I had those symptoms for about ten days and no fever and then nothing happened. I drank gallons of home grated ginger and lemon tea, soup broth, and avoided dairy. I also took a course of hydroxychloroquin but without the antibiotic. Frankly, I think i didn't have it at all. Just had stress about it, and some post nasal drip from allergies that causes coughing. 

Also there may be some variation in the percentages of people who got the virus by blood type, but the number one principle in health research is that correlation does not mean causation.  Just because you have type O, does not mean you can't get the virus or that having type 0 causes you not to get it and having type A means you will be more susceptible.  

As outlined in the Chinese study of blood types versus those who got the virus, the normal population in Wuhan has a blood type distribution of:

• Type A - 31%
  • Type B - 24%
  • Type AB - 9%
  • Type O - 34%

Comparatively, Wuhan residents who had contracted COVID-19 had a blood type distribution of:

• Type A - 38%
  • Type B - 26%
  • Type AB - 10%
  • Type O - 25%

This data says you still get it no matter what blood type.  It shows variation, but we'd need them to run statistical tests to determine what this data are saying.  You can't tell what it's saying until you do that. There are so many questions about this data that they haven't answered.  

What's my gut reaction?  My gut says that it is foolish to speculate.  I don't want to be like the snake oil salesman-in-chief and speculate about these wildly questionable numbers. 

Yofisofi, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deetoo  I didn't see the alert but there is something called "emergency use" of medicines in which the FDA waives their normal procedures for approving vaccines and other treatments when there is a CBRN threat which is a chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threat. Keep in mind that those approval procedures are in place to protect people from being harmed by inadequately tested drugs.

Yofisofi, FEBbby23, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@deetoo She is fine. She is able to go back to work tomorrow.

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures I want some of that WWII bread. Sounds lovely. 

lenor, Lovendures, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

I have had a sore throat since january, and post nasal drip. I really think it's the same thing I had last year, but I can't be sure. I'm seeing a doctor this morning.

TriciaCT, lenor, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

@enkasongwriter If your Mom has a repeat of that chest pain, she should go to the emergency room and have a cardiac work-up.

Yofisofi, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I went to the doctor, and he said it was allergies. Guess I'm just too stressed out.

lenor, LalaBella, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@elaineg, glad to hear it wasn't anything serious.  Besides my allergies, I've had some wacky and unsettling physical responses since this pandemic started.  Because I have various autoimmune problems I already had a lot of strange symptoms pre-Covid, but some new ones popped up.  It's amazing what stress can do.

I really try to limit my news watching, recognize and appreciate all of the good around me, and be grateful for what I have.  I also get my daily dose of Governor Cuomo, who calms me.  I don't always succeed staying in that peaceful place, but I do the best I can.  One day at a time, my friend. 

RosieHeart, lenor, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@elaineg

i have had a stuffy nose since February. I finally went last month because my ears and throat were bothering me. I also was told I have allergies. I have never Jn my life suffered from allergies. I still have those symptoms I have been taking allergy medicine and nothing really. I have no fever that’s good. 

lenor, BlueBelle, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jessi1978

I have allergies and drink a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with honey or something to sweeten. It controls my symptoms. 

Yofisofi, lenor, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lawrence

I drink that every day! (organic apple cider vinegar and honey in water)

Yofisofi, lenor, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lawrence and @triciact:  Re allergies:  I agree about the ACV.  Also best to stay away from dairy.  My integrative doc recommended the product D-Hist -- contains quercetin, bromelain, stinging nettle, NAC, Vitamin C.  You begin with a loading dose for 7-10 days, then reduce to maintenance dose.

Yofisofi, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@lawrence

i am going to try that. I have never suffered from allergies. 

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

A zoo in Germany may need to feed some of their animals to other animals because of the virus shutdown.  They are now relying only on donations  since revenue isn't happening and the supply chain is in question.  They don't want their animals to starve and would rather humanly kill them if it comes to that.

My first thought is why is this a problem in Germany of all places?

My second thought is that  the zoo went to the press to avoid needing to do this so perhaps the German government will step in, or at least they will get donations from people. 

My next thought is, how are our zoos doing?  I know many are doing free educational programs online right now but what about revenue for their expenses?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/europe/german-zoo-crisis-slaughter-animals-pandemic-trnd/index.html

lenor, BlueBelle, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

i keep having this feeling that things are going to go back to a kinda normal for me really soon i also keep seeing the date april 25th still the president is going to announce something big that day about the virus. has anyone else been having any good intuitions lately and keep seeing the date april 25th? 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

New Covid-19 symptoms are emerging.  

Neurological issues including dementia like behavior and strokes are now associated with the disease.

Notice if someone you know has sudden confusion  or dementia type behavior where none existed previously.  Also stoke symptoms.  Both have been noted by doctors.  Strokes are occurring even in young patients perhaps from blood clots caused by the virus.  The loss of sense of smell and taste is also part of the neurological angle of the virus as we already know.   Some experts believe that the virus is invading the brain. A study looking at the brains of people who have passed away from the virus in now being conducted at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Make sure that if you know someone with stroke symptoms that they go to the ER.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/her-father-s-delirium-was-first-sign-coronavirus-he-s-n1184296

Yofisofi, lenor, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@mcance

I felt like that today too. 

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hazyjane)
Estimable Member Registered

Posted by: @sistermoon

Wondering if this resonates with you medical intuitives, since many of you have seen a breakthrough coming soon:

Just saw a discussion online that the presentation of the coronavirus is in reality closer to high-altitude sickness, which is why ventilators are frequently failing to help. (There has been some discussion that ventilators are doing more harm than good, and I've linked to a few here.)

In this case, acetazolamide could be a better option, and, of course, since that treatment option already exists, that could be the breakthrough many of you have seen. Acetazolamide helps reduce fluid buildup (ie, such as in glaucoma) and would work to reduce the fluid in the lungs. 

Curious what you brilliant minds think!

There seem to be two kinds of severe cases: traditional Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) which often does need ventilation, and a different kind that mimics high altitude sickness, where the lungs don't look cloudy on imaging and which seems to not respond well to being on ventilators (at least not at full pressure).

The first postmortems of these have come back and they've found that the reason these people have low oxygen levels but clear looking lungs is that the small blood vessels of their lungs are full of micro-clots, which are not being found elsewhere in the body. In this case, it sounds like anticoagulants might be the way to go, as suggested by a number of Chinese physicians. 

fmabon, LalaBella, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@deetoo

Too funny I take D hist now too in the spring with the allergies! wow....

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

It's time for my Irregularly Scheduled PSA.

There are now more than 2 million confirmed COVID cases worldwide. Most likely an undercount for many reasons.

Here in the US we are above 30,000 confirmed cases (again, severe undercount). Even so, at a minimum, this means 10 times more Americans have died of COVID than died on 9/11.

Think about that. No one in the Regime is expressing any condolence, sympathy, sadness, or even humanity. At least Bush Jr. had the humanity to pretend he cared.

FEBbby23, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 67 / 173
Share: