Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@practicalnihilist

Thanks for the information of the meat packing plant issue.

There are many concerns about meat/ poultry and pork processing plants.  This may be a big new problem many will need to navigate in the weeks ahead.  I know dairy farms in AZ have been dumping milk before it gets processed because of over production. Framers are plowing over their fields because they can't get enough workers to harvest and restaurants are shuttered.  

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-breaking/2020/04/07/dairy-farms-dumping-milk-due-decrease-sales-during-coronavirus/2961876001/  

https://time.com/5819878/smithfield-pork-plant-closes-coronavirus/

deetoo, lenor, PracticalNihilist and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 D
(@dee)
Reputable Member Registered

LalaBella, Kateinpdx, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

So rats are having a hard time during COVI-19.  Their food sources are closed and they are starving, angry and aggressive.   Their behavior is changing. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/starving-angry-cannibalistic-america-s-rats-are-getting-desperate-amid-n1180611

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sunny)
Estimable Member Registered

@lawrence

aah Lawrence, thanks for sharing your friend's insights. I agree with your psychic friend that a turning point for this virus would be the month of May and things will turn around. I can't see this lock down going pass the month of May. I'm sure there will be guidelines to follow for a long while. and yes, I do think a vaccine will be ready much sooner.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Some British bakers are bringing back a WW2 bread during the pandemic.  It is more nutritious than white bread and can be made when there is a scarcity of ingredients.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/british-bakers-reintroduce-world-war-ii-bread-coronavirus-fight-n1180536?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=&cid=referral_taboolafeed

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

The Covid-19 has proven ten times deadlier than the H1N1 swine flu outbreak that spread across the globe a decade ago, the WHO has confirmed.

lenor, deetoo, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

The total number of NYPD members who have died from COVID-19 so far is now 23, the same number of members who were killed in the 9/11 terror attacks.

lenor, deetoo, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The fast track rolling out of antibody tests and also the clamor to create vaccines should be a red flag to people. You will be their guinea pigs, since these lab tests are untested on humans. If a vaccine comes out earlier the usual time it takes for a vaccine, I would scrutinize the testing process and avoid letting anything into your body too soon.

As for the antibody tests, the tests themselves can't harm you.  They just draw your blood and check to see if you have antibodies.  But I would not rely on these untested, non FDA-approved tests until I've seen the clinical trials and am convinced those trials are thorough and valid.

So you get a result that you have COVID antibodies from an unapproved test that Donald Trump has said not to worry about, then what?  You start putting yourself in harm's way? 

The companies that develop these tests and the vaccines are profit-driven.  All those news stories about fast tracked vaccines--someone posted one of those stories here from Jerusalem Post --  those stories are just hype from profit-making companies hoping to get funding from investors.  

These bio companies' press releases are as reliable as Donald Trump's tweets. 

This morning MSN released this story about how the Federal government, under "newly relaxed rules" (thanks to Twitler), is allowing companies to go ahead and distribute their untested antibody tests to hospitals who are eager to use them.

So they'll be using tests that only some  profit-driven, investor-controlled company itself has tested? 

From MSN: Though their accuracy remains in question, these antibody tests have become highly sought in the pathway out of the pandemic. Federal regulators have eased standards in an effort to speed production of the tests. 

Yofisofi, shan, lenor and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

On Sunday, after my mom made masks, she started to have chest pains. Since then, her situation started to become better. This is likely a mild version of Coronavirus, where household remedies can help.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @enkasongwriter

On Sunday, after my mom made masks, she started to have chest pains. Since then, her situation started to become better. This is likely a mild version of Coronavirus, where household remedies can help.

That's good, but keep an eye - many people even with milder cases relapse and it can then get more dangerous.

VestraLux, SisterMoon, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@enkasongwriter

If chest pain was her only symptom, I would think something else like anxiety/panic attack is more likely than Covid-19

ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

thank you!  Appreciate you - as always.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@frank I checked online that chest pain isn't listed as a common symptom of Coronavirus. She was working all day without stop making masks.

ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell this is so important- the testing (for vaccines etc) takes so long for a reason. There is no fast tracking this work. The trump government and the ensuing media coverage should be ignored completely- experts and professionals know this but too many Americans don’t. When a SAFE vaccine and reliable testing is available only then should we move forward.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@jeanne-mayell, regarding a vaccine, I heard a spokeswoman from Johnson & Johnson state yesterday that they are moving on an accelerated timeline toward Phase 1 human clinical trials by late September 2020, with clinical data on safety and efficacy expected to be available by the end of the year. Apparently they began their coronavirus vaccine research in January 2020.  They project a vaccine could be ready for emergency use in early 2021.  What on earth do they mean by "emergency" use?  

PamP, lenor, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@enkasongwriter, I'd just keep track of your mother to see if her chest pain is ongoing or returns.  I have a history of anxiety and panic attacks and that can create chest pressure or pain, among other symptoms.  But since I am now a senior, I don't assume it's strictly anxiety and am more mindful when that occurs.  

How is your mom feeling today?

lenor, Unk p, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@deetoo

And Johnson and Johnson is such a trust worthy company...I mean they have been making that fabulous baby powder for years...oh wait..

Yofisofi, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

i am from phialdelphia and cases are dropping in my state despite some hospitals seeing new covid patients today based on cases over the weekend. my state is on the list of slowly reopening it our government wants it to reopen but it has to be safe to reopen i do feel though that we are going to reach our peak at the end of this week or mid week next week. 

FEBbby23, BlueBelle, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I think I'm getting it. I am coughing, wheezing and have a sore throat. I don't know if I have a fever. I was hoping I'd be safe . They reported that type O blood was resistant.   

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Wondering if this resonates with you medical intuitives, since many of you have seen a breakthrough coming soon:

Just saw a discussion online that the presentation of the coronavirus is in reality closer to high-altitude sickness, which is why ventilators are frequently failing to help. (There has been some discussion that ventilators are doing more harm than good, and I've linked to a few here.)

In this case, acetazolamide could be a better option, and, of course, since that treatment option already exists, that could be the breakthrough many of you have seen. Acetazolamide helps reduce fluid buildup (ie, such as in glaucoma) and would work to reduce the fluid in the lungs. 

Curious what you brilliant minds think!

Yofisofi, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 66 / 173
Share: