Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

When will we expect the peak of COVID-19? 

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Honorable Member Registered

My intuition tells me that it will subside but by next spring the pandemic will return and be worse.  I'm starting to build a stockpile of survival food by getting an extra can of meat and a bag of rice every time I go shopping.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@enkasongwriter. I have felt that April especially the middle of April is the worst for NYC.  However there are other peaks that will occur in other places in the U.S. I also feel that the pandemic will begin to slow down but then come back because of people going out too soon and also because some groups in this country will never social distance. 

I don't feel we will need to stockpile because there will always be food.  And economy is shifting to include greater ability to deliver groceries to curbsides and to people's doors. We will not run out of food and the toilet paper and disinfectant supply will rise to meet the demand, only delayed.  But food prices will go up and people will start gardening and keeping chickens to reduce prices.

DianaMarieC, tybin, TriciaCT and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

we must pray for new york my friends boyfriend is a doctor there he has been working non stop with little to no sleep these two weeks will be the toughest two weeks new york will face in a long time but my intuition is telling me that they will see a peak soon after these two weeks. 

BlueBelle, Lovendures, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

BlueBelle, deetoo, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell posted: 

[T]he pandemic will begin to slow down but then come back because of people going out too soon and also because some groups in this country will never social distance. 

I totally agree.  I intend to practice social distancing and wear a mask even after businesses begin to open up.  I am also concerned about a resurgence in the late fall, but I'm not sure whether it's intuition, or I'm being influenced by the fear of what I've been reading.

@laura-f, I've been following that state tracker.  It's a really good one.  

Lawrence, LalaBella, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Feeling a lot of anxiety right now. Was just reading about the temporary hold put on the issuing of passports and just felt a wave of dread. My husband and kids do not have passports (for all I know, mine is expired) and I'm trying not to panic at the thought we can't leave if that should be necessary. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting. I've been pretty calm lately so I guess I'm due for a bout of anxious dread.

Anyway, I wasn't sure exactly which thread to post this in, but I was wondering if someone felt any intuition about this situation one way or another. 

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@jeanne-mayell

I am in NY they predict that it 7-21 days away for our Peak. Cuomo is asking other states to help NY and he in turn help them with their peak. 

They people who will not stop socializing are the evangelicals. They are still getting together and making plans for Easter. How many people in the church have to die for them to take it seriously? The churches are not keeping it open because they want to ease the anxiety of the congregation they are keeping it open for the money the will collect. The worst parts it southern states some are saying the church is an essential business so they can stay open. 

For example Florida https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/04/01/floridas-statewide-stay-at-home-order-still-allows-churches-to-gather-followers-during-coronavirus-outbreak%3fmedia=AMP%2bHTML

How about Jerry Falwell open up his university https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/31/liberty-university-reopening-coronavirus-jerry-falwell-jr

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@deetoo

I forgot to thank you for the jokes the other day, so thank you!

I too am planning to maintain social distancing and masking, etc., well into the summer. One of the dance studios I go to announced that they want to resume May 3. After I had a laugh, I emailed them not to expect me to return before September, if then. My husband may have to resume biz travel at some point, so we're going to have to have a little discussion about quarantining him when he returns, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

FEBbby23, Kateinpdx, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I meditated tonight on the next few months. I got a lot and plan to post it in the Timeline Predictions Thread along with my class in the next few days.  But for now, here is a highlight: 

April  April is by far the hardest month. As soon as I closed my eyes, I saw the skies filled with parachutes coming down and being met by medical personnel with equipment and stretchers.  The whole scene was like something out of WWII - D-Day.  The D-Day was a rescue and the parachutes are also symbols of rescues, soft landings. So the overall worst month is a month of heroism with medical personal like the allies landing in Normandy.  I also saw in meditation firemen in yellow suits and soldiers all busy constructing make-shift hospitals, and doing a lot of cleaning, disinfecting.  A vast heroic operation. Throughout it all, my heart was pounding. I noticed by the way, that when I meditated on this time six month ago, my heart was pounding during the meditation. 

May -- My head still hurts and people are still sheltering in place. 

The virus moves around the country like a wave, and like a tsunami in places where they did not shelter in place soon enough. 

At one point I see a huge airplane up close.  I can't figure out what it means, but I think I'm seeing an airplane crash. Or maybe I'm seeing some airline bankruptcies. 

Mostly I saw that the U.S. is grieving in May. A lot of sorrow. 

June - We are still in it, but the curve is flattening.  A lot of deaths especially nursing homes.  Nursing homes are not going to do well as businesses after this, because of how poorly they protected people. And people should never end up in nursing homes anyway.  So I think this may be the end of nursing homes. Good riddance.  

July -I see people are crawling out of our holes after a blitz.   People are wondering what is left.  Which businesses, especially which restaurants, are still there.  The more vulnerable people will not want to eat out for years after this but the restaurant industry will still be okay even though some restaurants will fail. 

My head is still pounding so it's not all over yet but it seems to be ending. I see that Washington DC and the Capitol are low and flat, small and unimportant to the rest of the country. I'd been seeing this coming - the shrinking of the Capitol, but never realized until now how that would actually feel. It is the beginning of the end of the federal government as an important force in U.S. life.  I ask what is happening with Donald Trump and unfortunately he is still there. But we don't care about him. We care about us, the people. We now understand who takes care of the people -- The people take care of the people,  and the state and local governments. 

September, I see people outdoors again, walking around. I am cautious however. I saw firemen and military personnel disinfecting everywhere, even outdoors, buildings, steps. 

I can't tell yet if it is going to come back again before there is a vaccine.  People are going to be cautious  and the more vulnerable will want to remain isolated. 

I did see some kind of drink that medical personnel were guzzling during late May and June. Wondering if it's an antiviral protective drink.

DianaMarieC, TriciaCT, Lawrence and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you for this meditation. I've been getting similar "vibes". Many others on here have seen the metaphorical tsunami, this fits right in with that.

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

I spoke with a neighbor today who is a nurse working in the ED.

He said that right now the governors are running the show, and thankfully we have good governors (we live in Portland, OR which is right across the river from Washington, so we are impacted by decisions from both governors, really).

He said the federal government is not doing much, other than causing fear and harm.

He said they are quite busy in the ED right now, but the stay at home orders are helping. Also, he said that they now get one mask a day, which is better than a week or so ago when we talked. Though, to put it in perspective, they usually get one mask every time they enter a patient's room, so that could be 20 masks a day. 

It was interesting to get his perspective. He's got that solid personality and dark humor of a health care worker, and I'm so grateful for what he's going. I'm glad I got to tell him so.

I'm also grateful that Oregon loaned New York 140 respirators. Makes me feel proud. Also, grateful that we have softened our curve so we have the equipment to share. 

Lovendures, Grace, TriciaCT and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Honorable Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I don't feel we will need to stockpile because there will always be food.  And economy is shifting to include greater ability to deliver groceries to curbsides and to people's doors. We will not run out of food and the toilet paper and disinfectant supply will rise to meet the demand, only delayed.

To clarify on my earlier post on stockpiling I don't see shortages of vegetables and fruits but meat will be in short supply.  Plus I'm seeing that sometime next spring it will be really dangerous to even go outside, which is why I'd like to avoid grocery store trips as much as possible.

ReplyQuote
(@perriwinkle10)
Prominent Member Registered

@practicalnihilist I’m right there with you, only my stockpile is out of financial fear. It’s a good thing I prepared many months in advance too- husband is officially without work. :-( Goal: keep roof over our heads, keep food in our tummies. 

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@kateinpdx

Right on Kate! 

I'm down in Salem and I so agree. Great place to be even with the terrible conditions now. I have a member of my family and a neighbor both working under Governor Brown right now. She can be a little hesitant making choices without a ton of sifting through pros and cons but when she sees the light she moves like lightning to get it in effect immediately. 

Unlike he who shall not be named with his 90 million zillion cases of the only potential viral drug he could learn to pronounce. Word is that the experts around him and some of his smarter advisers threw a battle fit royale but winning is his #1 game and he did.

Now Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus suffers are struggling to get their prescriptions filled. 

And that medical dark humor....oh my gosh! So so true! 

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@practicalnihilist  Thanks for your thoughts! I often get thoughts then more float up from underneath them.  I do see food prices going up from these times and for years I've been seeing people start gardening for their vegetables and keeping chickens.  Eventually people will begin moving to areas with more land so they can grow more food, keep some livestock, not just chickens but a cow!  And people will want to live near the farms or like minded people and set up cooperatives.

It is the beginning of the migration I'd seen a decade ago for post 2020.  Migration inland and north to Great Lakes areas and other areas with land and fresh water. Finally we will have creme in our coffee from a happy cow who is like a member of the family. And laying hens.  Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal Vegetable Miracle will see a new surge of sales. 

Lawrence, Kateinpdx, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

thankful for your meditation! however i have been seeing things look a little better by may we be out of lockdowns and some travel bans will lift but with tough restrictions and guidelines on keeping clean this virus will not completely go away though i see this as a seasonal flue but we will have it more under control by summer with my intuition though we will not be the same after this, this virus will change our country and outlook on our health care system. 

BlueBelle, Laynara, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

okay, @jeanne-mayell,

Here another to add to your photo collection:

1586207863-mask-1.jpg

PamP, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deetoo Omg that is so funny.  Burst out loud funny.

PamP, Tiger-n-Owl, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@jeanne-mayell, okay then, if you liked that one, here's another:

1586209107-mask-2.jpg

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 61 / 173
Share: