Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jessi1978, thanks.  The cloth masks I ordered contain interior pockets, so I can probably just cut up the filters and slip them inside.  Not sure why the youtube instructions I saw had you pleating them -- maybe they offer better protection that way. 

Thanks also for the Filtrete link.

PamP, lenor, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@starpath
I think it's both - yes, your dream suggests he's looking for new modes of revenge - look at what he does to states that "aren't nice" to him.

BUT the virus itself can be weaponized very easily.  He could put someone's sneeze droplets in a spray bottle, and spray objects in the WH or elsewhere that someone like RBG or Pelosi might touch, hoping that in a moment of inattention they touch their faces. He could contaminate where the press sits for his "briefings".

I never underestimate the depths of his evil, so you may be on to something.

PamP, lenor, fmabon and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f

I know, he has that sort of vibe to him...

My thoughts went toward military labs that might study this virus as a potential bioweapon.  Perhaps if Trump got a briefing about that sort of research he would want to use it for his own personal reasons.  Thankfully I don't think anyone would help him do it.

Putin has that sort of power, but not Trump.

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f

He could pay someone else to do the sort of low tech thing you mention, but he wouldn't want it done in the white house, he make sure they did it somewhere else.

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

They are better cut up and used as the mask itself because less air gets around them, but they are still effective put in the pocket 

deetoo, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

I feel like I should mention a vision I had yesterday.  I am not sure what Spirit was trying to tell me so I had to chew on it a while.  Today I felt like it was probably a positive vision.  I will tell you what it is and then my interpretation of it.  I woke up and was half asleep.  First I was shown a lion cub's image, neck up.  It was very cute.  Then I was shown a sinister looking black rat with red glowing eyes.  It just looked creepy and evil.  I thought about it off and on and still had no clue what it meant.  Today I googled spiritual meaning of lion.  It represents courage, strength in overcoming difficulties. Another webpage listed the dream meaning of lion cub as wanting protection until you are ready to become fully your true self.  I immediately felt the rat represented the pandemic.  Rats do carry diseases.  I googled some images of lion cubs and some videos and I saw that the mother lioness is a strong protector of the lion cub, shielding them from being murdered by other male lions who don't want the progeny of other males to survive.  I forgot that the males killed the young of other males.  It made my eyes well with tears because I thought that Spirit is saying it is our protector, and we are all the lion cubs who want to become strong enough to survive this pandemic and other challenges that may come.  The human collective is the lion cub, trying to evolve into the lion, a symbol of strength, courage, and true leadership.  Presently our energy is more a match to the disease-carrying rat, because we damage the environment and treat other animal species very badly.  So now we have disease.  This is an over-simplified interpretation...maybe if I had more time it would be better...

PamP, deetoo, Baba and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Hi All

My cousin sent me a video of Dr. Sanjay Gupta wiping down cans and boxes from shopping with lysol wipes. Also I saw Dr. Fauci tell us that they now know the virus is spread by talking so we all need to wear masks when we go out now and that he washes his hands fifty times a day. Fifty! I've been doing 10. So I will increase! Luckily I have two masks stored all the time in my medicine cabinet because of asthma.

Please stay safe my friends. Safe and healthy. <3

PamP, deetoo, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

While looking into homemade masks and filtering materials, I discovered this youtube video posted by UK physician, Dr. Simon Freilich.  I googled him and he appears legit.

Freilich advises against using vacuum cleaning bags because they contain glass microfibers that can be an irritant to the lungs.  He also said that the glass particles can be released as you cut into them.   He goes into a bit more detail in his text below the video.

I haven’t found any other info online supporting what Dr. Freilich is saying.   Just an FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYbXsIcI7E

PamP, DianaMarieC, Marley and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Thought we could use some lightness right about now:

I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune.  Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

I need to practice social distancing from the refrigerator.

Still haven't decided where to go for Easter -- The Living Room or The Bedroom.

PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit.  Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

Homeschooling is going well.  Two students suspended for fighting and one teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone.

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog .... we laughed a lot.

Quarantine Day 5:   Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN.  You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal.  I have no clue how this place is still in business.

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

Day 5 of Homeschooling:  One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

Day 6 of Homeschooling:  My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

PamP, DianaMarieC, Bee and 35 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

CDC instructions for making cloth face coverings -- sew and no-sew:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

PamP, lenor, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

okay @deetoo. Here's one for the ages:

1586050719-umbrella.jpg

PamP, JKL1907, herondreams and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deetoo Also this:

1586050925-Zoom-last-supper.jpg

PamP, Bee, JKL1907 and 31 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@jeanne-mayell,

I'm sure you can hear me laughing here in Virginia!  

PamP, lenor, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

A woman who runs a meetup group that I recently joined sent out the following today.  I thought i would be of intetest to this group:

"Beloveds,

below is a link for a global meditation tonight that resonated in my spirit. But I want to add something that Source showed me this morning. As always, if this resonates in your spirit then allow it to integrate into your understanding of reality. If it does not, then simply release it.

The virus is not an enemy that must be conquered. It is very simply a physical manifestation of our collective and deeply held perceptions. Our current consciousness is grounded in a fear of lack, or scarcity, and this has characterized our existence here long before the virus appeared. The virus can best be understood as a self replicating computer code which acquires the programming of it's host. It has a consciousness, but it is not malevolent. It's presence is creating great rifts in our assumptions, mental habits, and traditions, and these rifts are open space. Space to create something else if we choose.

We can collectively calibrate the virus to replicate joy, optimism, and the peace that comes from knowing we are beloved. Or we can calibrate it to replicate the fear and disappointment that has characterized human life here for generations. It truly is our choice, and our free will. If you participate tonight, please embrace these tiny vessels as opportunities to embody your deepest, wisest, most joyful Self. They will receive the code you write in them.

I send you all so much love, and prayers for clear insight and greatest joy.

DianaMarieC, lenor, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo

Thank you for the welcome humor :-)

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

Promising drug.

"Before Ivermectin can be used to combat coronavirus, funding is needed to get it to pre-clinical testing and clinical trials.

Ivermectin is an FDA-approved anti-parasitic drug also shown to be effective in vitro against viruses including HIV, dengue and influenza."

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/anti-parasitic-drug-kills-covid-19-in-lab/ar-BB1288OH?ocid=sf2

lenor, deetoo, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

@Lawrence Ivermectin is similar to something I used on my cat (Selamectin) when we lived in Australia to prevent fleas and ticks. I think ivermectin is specifically used against heart worm in animals. It will be interesting to see if they can determine what or if there is a safe dosage is for humans that is effective against the virus. I strongly suggest that no one should experiment with taking their pet’s medicine. Even with pets, there was a lot of talk about whether it could actually hurt them if the dosage wasn’t correct and some claimed that their pets didn’t tolerate it well. I would hate for anyone to get sick by experimenting with it without medical supervision. 

On a lighter note, in Australia taking out the trash has become an event as people are dressing up in costumes for rolling out the bins or making costumes for their trash cans.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-04/coronavirus-bin-isolation-outing-viral-costume-facebook-group/12116574

Kateinpdx, lenor, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Ivermectin is also used topically as a rosacea treatment and is marketed under the name Soolantra :)

lenor, Baba, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mcance)
Reputable Member Registered

just thought i share this for a positive outlook in all of this spring is in the air and it's been warm where i live lately i've been sitting out in my yard with my dog a lot just reading a book enjoying some sun. i rarely see ladybugs and today when i was on my patio i saw one crawling on the deck of my patio ladybugs mean goodluck and fortune are heading our way hopefully that is a good sign and that this will be over soon. 

Jeanne Mayell, Kateinpdx, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lawrence

Ivermectin has been used for years in the animal kingdom.. it is used to deworm cattle,sheep,goats and horses... it is also the active ingredient in Heartgard heartworm preventative... and other brands of heartworm prevention.  This link here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

has the studies you can look up and research further.. I just pray no one eats their critters dewormer without medical direction like that poor couple that took fish tank cleaner :-(  A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Baba, lenor, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 60 / 173
Share: