Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@sunny)
Estimable Member Registered

@lawrence

not sure Lawrence but I think the info you have there is not accurate.  I read an article from daily beast and here what they said.

Spain’s health ministry says they’re “defective.” So does Turkey. Now Georgia has canceled its contract. Rapid COVID-19 tests made by Chinese company Bioeasy seemed like a great solution to the coronavirus testing shortage—and the gear was quickly bought up by one government after another. Then the complaints started rolling in, that one of the company’s products is wildly inaccurate. 

So how big is the problem? How many more countries are dealing with Bioeasy’s busted COVID tests? And how do COVID-19 tests work?

#socialdistancing

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Kateinpdx and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Am reading and so far liking Charles Eisenstein's 9,000 word treatise on the pandemic that he just released.  Eisenstein has a good combination of spiritual, psychic, and evidenced based content.   https://charleseisenstein.org/essays/the-coronation/

TriciaCT, LalaBella, Stillnessnmind and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@michele-b/ Thanks for that link Michele. Gates was definitely prescient. 

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@pamp

Indeed. In ways a lots of us just never realized. Perhaps genius and heart combined just works even better that way!

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Food Scarcity?  Maybe.

From The Guardian:

Governments must resist calls from some quarters to protect their own food supply by restricting exports, he said, as some have begun to do.

Kazakhstan, for instance, according to a report from Bloomberg, has banned exports of wheat flour, of which it is one of the world’s biggest sources, as well as restrictions on buckwheat and vegetables including onions, carrots and potatoes. Vietnam, the world’s third biggest rice exporter, has temporarily suspended rice export contracts. Russia, the world’s biggest wheat exporter, may also threaten to restrict exports, as it has been done before, and the position of the US is in doubt given Donald Trump’s eagerness for a trade war in other commodities.

“Trade barriers will create extreme volatility,” warned Torero. “[They] will make the situation worse. That’s what we observe in food crises.”

While the supply of food is functioning well in most countries at present, problems could start to be seen within weeks and intensify over the following two months as key fruit and vegetables come into season. These types of produce often have short ripening times and are highly perishable, and need skilled pickers to work quickly at the right time.

“We need to be careful not to break the food value chain and the logistics or we will be looking at problems with fresh vegetables and fruits soon,” said Torero. “Fruit and vegetables are also very labour intensive, if the labour force is threatened because people can’t move then you have a problem.”

As governments impose lockdowns in countries across the world, recruiting seasonal workers will become impossible unless measures are taken to ensure vital workers can still move around, while preventing the virus from spreading.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-measures-could-cause-global-food-shortage-un-warns

Ms. C., TriciaCT, Ms. C. and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @northern_lights

So I feel things at a pretty deep level and I can never explain it...I'm pretty new at this all and can never explain it...But I also know those moments that mean something (which make no sense) but hold total ground...

I'm a Navy veteran and have an affinity for our servicemembers.

I've been having visions that both the US Navy Mercy and the Comfort will become petri dishes. 

As much as I want their help and they are good, I feel like they're running into a trap and I am silent.

This pains me deeply.

If it helps, what we've been told here in CA is that the USN ships will NOT be used for COVID treatment, rather will serve as a backup catch-all for everything else. Of course this doesn't mean someone with a broken arm but who's asymptomatic might not end up on one of them...

TriciaCT, Laynara, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@northern_lights)
Reputable Member Registered

Posted by: @laura-f

So I feel things at a pretty deep level and I can never explain it...I'm pretty new at this all and can never explain it...But I also know those moments that mean something (which make no sense) but hold total ground...

I'm a Navy veteran and have an affinity for our servicemembers.

I've been having visions that both the US Navy Mercy and the Comfort will become petri dishes. 

As much as I want their help and they are good, I feel like they're running into a trap and I am silent.

This pains me deeply.

If it helps, what we've been told here in CA is that the USN ships will NOT be used for COVID treatment, rather will serve as a backup catch-all for everything else. Of course this doesn't mean someone with a broken arm but who's asymptomatic might not end up on one of them...

And that's my concern...While treating non-Covid, a Covid plus comes on board...Once that happens, its all downhill...

The same could be said about general hospitals to be honest.

I also have concerns about rural communities who only have 1-2 ventilators...

TriciaCT, Laynara, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

In astrology, my moon is in Cancer and at 0 degree...Which basically means its a double-whammy for feeling. Shout-out to @VestraLux and their great astrology skills.

Definitely! And thank you so much for the kind words, @northern_lights. They're sort of a synchronistic message for me because I'm considering astrology as a potential side business (you know, to diversify in a time of uncertainty).

Moon at 0-deg of Cancer is powerful heart chakra stuff! Someone I love has the same placement. I've noticed that, in earlier life, personal and transpersonal (empathically experienced) emotions often overwhelmed or got the better of. Now, he's figured out Saturn's lessons for the most part, and has a great deal more fortitude. But he's always been such a nurturing, giving person, which the world needs more of. Plus, he makes fabulous cocktails and finger foods. ;)

I'm not caught up in this thread but am sending my love to you all. Stay safe and healthy, folks. You're needed! 

ETA: Thank you for your service, @northern_lights. I believe we can all assist those on the ships (and anywhere else) through the meditations. 

TriciaCT, deetoo, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

One more thing:

I just now saw the news that the president is saying he "might" declare a lockdown for New York. Cuomo went on prime time to denounce this and called it a "federal declaration of war."

In two days, Mars (freedom, will, aggression, war) will exactly conjunct Saturn (restriction, limitation, traditional norms, oppression, poverty) at 0-degrees of Aquarius (the energy of the collective, humanitarian welfare). It's already close enough for us to see the effects of this alignment. I mentioned the other day that this aspect could result in something marshal or militaristic. Well, here we are.

Hopefully, saner forces will prevail.

This next part is conjecture, but I believe without this aspect in the sky right now, Cuomo would likely not have stated his case in those terms (calling T out so adamantly and directly, or using the term "war"). The fact that he did is troubling, not because his anger is misplaced, but because this president enjoys dolling out retribution against his perceived enemies more than anything else. It doesn't matter to him how many lives are lost in the process.  

Several potential astrological pain points are occurring now through the next full moon, which may well coincide with NYC's peak in national infections. But something interesting has been occurring to me for some time, which was cemented in my mind last night after reading an in-depth article by someone whose opinion I trust. And it's this:

Right now, in this time of global crisis/trauma, more energy is being released in the human collective than at any other time in recorded memory. 

We can choose to do something with that energy. It's a great awakener. 

TriciaCT, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@vestralux Trump wasn't planning on helping New York anyway. He told Cuomo they didn't need the number of ventilators they asked for. Cuomo is on the "not nice to us" list.

TriciaCT, VestraLux, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @vestralux

Several potential astrological pain points are occurring now through the next full moon, which may well coincide with NYC's peak in national infections. But something interesting has been occurring to me for some time, which was cemented in my mind last night after reading an in-depth article by someone whose opinion I trust. And it's this:

Right now, in this time of global crisis/trauma, more energy is being released in the human collective than at any other time in recorded memory. 

We can choose to do something with that energy. It's a great awakener. 

I feel like the energy can awaken or energize people also.  Times of stress and change are part of the cycles of humanity whether we like it or not.  I think the human collective will have to decide which direction to go toward:  love and inclusiveness or intolerance and death.  I sense the collective wants love and inclusiveness but in order for that to happen, huge shifts in human beliefs and society will have to take place.  It is like birthing a new baby for the first time, the labor is long and painful but the joy at the new little person is great.  So we need to have faith that humanity is graced by God to be able to make the shift to love and inclusiveness as an overarching new belief.  We are little pieces of God and together we make the whole painting...each part is necessary, even if some parts of the painting seem dark and muddy.  Step back and the painting as a whole is beautiful!

I trust the light to show the way through this time period.  We will get through it.  It does feel dark and creepy to sense the fear and the illness increasing around us.  I have been having a lot of strange dreams.  At the same time I realize I must have chosen to come here during this time for some purpose, and I hope I find it and carry it out with the help of Spirit.

Frank, Pikake, Laynara and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@suspira44  that is not just an act of war, it is genocide.

herondreams, Laynara, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@jeanne-mayell

YES!

Genocide by malevolent negligence.

No death squads going door-to-door, just germs. Same outcome.

Laynara, TriciaCT, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stillnessnmind)
Honorable Member Registered

Was anyone here aware we gave China 17.8 tons of medical supplies in February? 

We are in severe PPE shortage. 

Laynara, TriciaCT, Laynara and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@stillnessnmind

Please provide a link to your source for that statement, thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@laura-f  I don't consider it negligence. Isn't it genocide?  History will not be kind. No American president has done this.

Lilinoe, Laynara, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Some Recovered Coronavirus Patients In Wuhan Are Testing Positive Again : Goats and Soda : NPR

A spate of mysterious second-time infections is calling into question the accuracy of COVID-19 diagnostic tools even as China prepares to lift quarantine measures to allow residents to leave the epicenter of its outbreak next month.

It's also raising concerns of a possible second wave of cases.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive

Stillnessnmind, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stillnessnmind)
Honorable Member Registered

TriciaCT, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Sounds promising:   

Abbott Launches Molecular Point-of-Care Test to Detect Novel Coronavirus 

A five minute point of care coronavirus test could be coming to urgent care clinics next week, and experts say it could be "game-changing."

Abbott Labs expects the tests to be available next week and expects to ramp up manufacturing to deliver 50,000 tests per day.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued Emergency Use Authorization to Illinois-based medical device maker Abbott Labs on Friday for a coronavirus test that delivers positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes, the company said.

The company expects the tests to be available next week and expects to ramp up manufacturing to deliver 50,000 tests per day.

"I am pleased that the FDA authorized Abbott's point-of-care test yesterday. This is big news and will help get more of these tests out in the field rapidly," FDA Commissioner Steve Hahn said in a statement. "We know how important it is to get point-of-care tests out in the field quickly. These tests that can give results quickly can be a game changer in diagnosing COVID-19."

https://abbott.mediaroom.com/2020-03-27-Abbott-Launches-Molecular-Point-of-Care-Test-to-Detect-Novel-Coronavirus-in-as-Little-as-Five-Minutes

Coyote, lenor, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @starpath

It is like birthing a new baby for the first time, the labor is long and painful but the joy at the new little person is great.

Beautifully said, @starpath. Indeed, we're midwifing a new era. 

Since around the Winter Solstice, I've repeatedly heard "Sedna" spoken into my mind. I really had no idea what it meant initially (I'd read many years ago about the Inuit goddess of the sea, but hadn't retained much of it). I started doing my research, naturally, and its significance is startling.

Sedna is the name given to a dwarf planet in the outer reaches of our solar system, discovered in 2003, about 3x the distance of Neptune from the sun. The astronomer who discovered and named Sedna, also discovered and named Eris, Haumea, and Makemake. The mythology of each of these names is associated with either a fierce feminine warrior (Eris is the female Mars and known for utilizing discord to create needed change) or with deeply feminine and healing powers connected with fertility, babies, nature, and the Earth itself. 

Astrologers accept that the mythological names given to newly discovered celestial bodies are intentional from the cosmic perspective, and that we discover them on Earth as their particular energies are finally entering our collective awareness.

Sedna's orbital period is 11,408 years; that's how long it takes her to complete a solar cycle. The last time she was at her current position, was during the 10th millennium BCE—right about the time most human cultures were transitioning from hunter-gatherer to agrarian. It also marks the very beginning of the Holocene epoch, when rapid population growth and direct human action first began to have an outsized impact on the natural world. 

I could write a lot more about Sedna's return, but I'll end with this: Don't believe anyone who tells you that the energies of a celestial object are responsible for climate change, a linked pandemic, or anything else. (Some astrologer's think this.) I believe that's a gross failure of understanding of cosmic energies and cycles. Every single astrological event brings a new challenge and a new opportunity for development of consciousness. Perhaps in a future not far from now, we will discover that we are a collective being, not just with others of our race, but with the Earth itself. And eventually, with the entire Cosmos. 

The last time Sedna was here, we took off on an exponential course which has culminated in the Industrial, and now, the Information age. 

Sedna's return is saying that we are ready for everything that comes next.

FEBbby23, CC21, herondreams and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 57 / 173
Share: