Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Well, it happened.  

A Pastor and traveling minister from Virginia who thought COVID-19 was just "mass hysteria" and a "plot against Trump" has died from the virus. He had also compared the deaths to the swine flu and recently posted “As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me,” 

I will not comment on the subject except to say may he rest In peace and may his family be comforted.

VestraLux, BlueBelle, PracticalNihilist and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @snowbird

All, please be cautious and don't assume a virus will be killed by freezing...according to WHO guidelines ( https://www.who.int/influenza/resources/documents/food_risk_h5n1_11_2005/en/)  any frozen food would need to be properly cooked in order to kill any potential infectious contaminants; the article goes on to say that H5N1 influenza can survive at refrigerator or freezer temperature for at least one month. But I did see a different article on line earlier today that said that food contamination has not yet been implicated in the transmission of coronavirus (such as if you are worried that someone has coughed into your take-out salad during prep). Just follow standard food prep practices including thorough cooking of frozen food. If you have reason to suspect that packaging is contaminated, disinfect it and don't assume the virus will be killed by your freezer.

Thanks for the info - I retract my prior assertion.

And anything from in the freezer can/has to be cooked or nuked (don't thaw at room temp), so there's that.

BlueBelle, lenor, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Supermarkets in Elmhurst were closed.

ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@deetoo

Thank you for telling me that. Hugs to you. 

VestraLux, deetoo, VestraLux and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

PLEASE READ!!!! If you have bleach, vinegar, rubbing alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide around DO NOT MIX THEM TOGETHER! READ THIS FIRST!!!!!  People are disinfecting at home & we might try to improvise.  LOOK UP anything you want to mix together before doing so. 

Bleach and vinegar makes chlorine gas, which can kill you if inhaled.

Bleach and ammonia makes chloramine, a gas that can kill you if inhaled.

Bleach and rubbing rubbing alcohol makes chloroform which can kill you if inhaled.

Hydrogen peroxide and vinegar makes something also bad and poisonous. 

A nineteen year old died last year when cleaning a floor in a fast food store with a mixture of ammonia and bleach. I remember reading about it and then forgot to mention it here until I saw this notice on my town's website. It is so easy to try to make your cleaning fluids go further by mixing them.  DO Not this without researching it first. ❤️ 

VestraLux, BlueBelle, Pikake and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

Greetings - someone somewhere on this board, a ceramacist, mentioned that they had two used masks so they couldn't be donated. Apparently, they can - I don't know the details but perhaps it is worth checking out. Everyone be safe.

VestraLux, Lilinoe, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@enkasongwriter

Really???

Why are they closed?  Is there a way for people to still get food?

ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@lovendures My dad heard that supermarkets will close on Sunday, so he tries to stock up on food. One of the supermarkets closed due to the lack of stock. He went to another supermarket but the meats were all sold out. The supermarket that closed will reopen at 7 am. Likely the supermarkets have placed quotas.

deetoo, lenor, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures

I will comment.

The irony of this pastor, as well as Matt Gaetz's gas mask act, the NBA player who touched all the microphones and others who "Mocked" the truth of this pandemic and the consequences of their actions is that the truth of the existence of this virus isn't up for debate.

Go ahead, have an opinion, mock the pandemic, do all the things you are warned against.  If you touch the flame, you will get burned.  No amount of "pooh poohing it", mocking others, calling others chickens, sheep (or insert your favorite farm animal insult here) matters.....if you keep exposing yourself, you will get infected.  Your political affiliation, your church, your opinion don't matter.

The word of the pandemic is Hubris.  Some people learn the hard way.

VestraLux, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

"insert your favorite farm animal insult here" ? 

TriciaCT, deetoo, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

@ScottGottliebMD

This is GAME CHANGER. Abbott to market, starting next week, a fast point-of-care #coronavirus test, delivering positive results in 5min and negative results in 13min. Will deliver 50K tests/day to start. Kudos to Abbott and FDA’s Jeff Shuren and team at CDRH who are in the fight.

Lilinoe, VestraLux, herondreams and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@northern_lights)
Reputable Member Registered

So I feel things at a pretty deep level and I can never explain it...I'm pretty new at this all and can never explain it...But I also know those moments that mean something (which make no sense) but hold total ground...

I'm a Navy veteran and have an affinity for our servicemembers.

I've been having visions that both the US Navy Mercy and the Comfort will become petri dishes. 

As much as I want their help and they are good, I feel like they're running into a trap and I am silent.

This pains me deeply.

VestraLux, BlueBelle, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@northern_lights  I just want to welcome you.  I'm not sure what you mean, but but I feel your pained concern about your service member tribe. ❤️ 

VestraLux, Laynara, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@northern_lights)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@northern_lights  I just want to welcome you.  I'm not sure what you mean, but but I feel your pained concern about your service member tribe. ❤️ 

@jeanne-mayell Thank you for the warm welcome. My concern focuses specifically on the two Navy ships that will be docking off of LA and NYC. These ships are supposed to be used for non-COVID cases to help the hospitals but what I sense is that they will not be able to tell who is asymptomatic and someone will come on board who has the virus. Once that happens, we have another cruise-ship concern...Basically a petri dish

Just look at the Theodore Roosevelt carrier right now...More than 2 dozen sailors have tested positive and they've been on the ship over 2 weeks...This has made that specific aircraft carrier out of commission.

VestraLux, BlueBelle, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@northern_lights. I hear you.  So those ships will be like any hospital right now, only worse because the workers are living in the hospital so there might be an even greater concentration of contagion. At present, we are all hunkered down,  not going anywhere, we are not even going into grocery stores, because staying out of reach of the virus is the best way to insure we won't have to go into the most concentrated places of infection -- hospitals.  I pray for the hospital workers and for those on the hospital ships. 

Isabelle, BlueBelle, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@northern_lights)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@northern_lights. I hear you.  So those ships will be like any hospital right now, only worse because the workers are living in the hospital so there might be an even greater concentration of contagion. At present, we are all hunkered down,  not going anywhere, we are not even going into grocery stores, because staying out of reach of the virus is the best way to insure we won't have to go into the most concentrated places of infection -- hospitals.  I pray for the hospital workers and for those on the hospital ships. 

@jeanne-mayell. Exactly and yet this is their job and what they are tasked with. I'm not sure why, but I am very much concerned about the entire crew. 

Also, off topic, I've always been intrigued with empaths and energy related abilities. This is all a bit new to me and I really like this group...I'm not psychic however I always trust my intuition when it rings that bell.

That bell is ringing. It's ringing for so many on this earth and not just those ships.

Hope this makes sense. Much love. Hugs :)

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@northern_lights. You are psychic.  Everyone is.  We are hardwired with the ability. And you might consider coming to a class or at least to the next Read the future night  (not yet announced but if you add your name to the email list, then you will get a notice) to begin to explore and hone your gift.  In that way, you might find more ease and confidence in that strong intuition of yours. I also am concerned after reading your concerns about those workers, the service members and the hospital workers everywhere who have to report to duty in this pandemic. We can only send them our gratitude and healing love.  We can all stop and send a prayer to everyone who is on the front lines and pray that everyone else will respect the orders to shelter in place so they help stop the spread.  

Add name to list to hear about upcoming events: https://www.jeannemayell.com/joinlist/

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, Stillnessnmind and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@northern_lights)

@jeanne-mayell Thank you for the guidance and I'll look into those classes. The thing I enjoy most is energy reading or guaging. That seems to come most naturally for me. 

In astrology, my moon is in Cancer and at 0 degree...Which basically means its a double-whammy for feeling. Shout-out to @VestraLux and their great astrology skills.

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

Here's an article from someone who's been going through lockdown in Italy for 3 weeks now. She's wrote it as a letter to UK, showing them what their future is going to be like.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/a-letter-to-the-uk-from-italy-this-is-what-we-know-about-your-future

TriciaCT, VestraLux, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 56 / 173
Share: