Notifications
Clear all

Immune boosting Nutrition and practices

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Back to basics! This section is for sound non-commercial nutrition and behaviors to boost immunity.

Lilinoe, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

A few basics that come to mind: 

1. Natural whole foods - fruits instead of processed sweets can work wonders.  Grapes are really sweet!  Apples help with blood sugar so you don't crave the bad sweets.  Veggies. 
  2. Meditation or quiet time at ten minutes a day, dealing half an hour twice a day have been shown in thousands of studies to boost immunity, lower aging, reduce inflammation and depression and raise happiness levels. So join my Wednesday night (free) guided meditation under <Events>.  
  3. A beneficial ph balance in your food intake (eating foods that are slightly alkaline-producing in your body to match your body's natural ph level). 
  4. Laughter and fun, play games, watch funny shows! 
  5. Hanging out with friends (this will now have to be online). There are game websites for this.
  6. A sense of meaning and gratitude  in your life.  Try listing 5 things you are grateful for each day. Find meaning in this virus and other events for your life. 
  7. A sense of belonging to a family, community or any group you feel accepted in, so also self acceptance.
  8. Giving to others. Pay it forward, help others, even just a smile or a thank you. 

Any other ideas? 

JourneyWithMe2, DianaMarieC, herondreams and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Light exercise (ie, don't exercise to exhaustion, but a 30-minute walk or even some squats/pushups, if possible, are good for the immune system)

JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@sistermoon @jeannemayell

i decided to spend time everyday getting exercise, walking outside when possible, riding my exercise bike and practicing yoga.  So, first of all, I’m doing something good for cardiovascular health and strengthening muscles, but I’m also getting the added benefit of getting fresh air and appreciating nature.  At any rate, I’m sleeping better because of exercise and that also boosts the immune system.

Lilinoe, SisterMoon, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

I may be veering into commercial territory here, but I thought I'd share some basic herbal supports. Note that I am not a professional herbalist or a health care provider, and you should seek medical advice when unsure if herbs are right for you. These are two gentle remedies that you may prepare at home, and they should be safe for most people.

1. Tulsi (holy basil) tea. This herb has a wide-range of wonderful properties, but chiefly it is great for stress and anxiety. And as Jeanne pointed out, reducing stress helps your immune system. It has a pleasant flavor on its own, but combines nicely with ginger or mint. Organic India has the tastiest kind and is an ethical company.

2. Ginger tea. This is a well-known remedy for many viral ailments, especially aches and pains, and will help your circulation and warm you up, possibly helping a fever do the work it needs to help your immune system fight the virus. Use fresh, not dried, and you can find it in the produce area of most grocery stores. Try 1 heaping TBSP of grated ginger per 2 cups of water, covered and steeped for at least 30 minutes. I love to add anise seed (about 2 tsp for that amount), which is another helper with colds and may sooth coughs. You can add honey, which is yet another delightful medicine.

Coyote, TriciaCT, Coyote and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Someone else posted this somewhere on this site (can't seem to find it now) but I am playing this music that is supposed to help Cleanse Infections | Dissolve Toxins | Boost Immune System Naturally I"m having a surprising reaction to it. It's making me feel l bit "wavy" like when you are in water, but I've also noticed that my allergies are reacting very positively to it! It's very healing! Thanks to whoever posted it earlier elsewhere! ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLrJUdBHiXA&feature=youtu.be

JourneyWithMe2, Michele, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@herondreams

Because not everyone is able to grow and dry their own herbs, I appreciate your advice about reliable commercial tea brands. I was just in a health food market yesterday, in the tea section, and was at a loss as to which brand and variety would be best. 

And yes, fresh ginger tea! It’s really easy to make: bring a pot of water to boil and simmer some chopped up ginger for 10 minutes. Whether you want to peel the ginger is up to you.

JourneyWithMe2, herondreams, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@coyote I've been very impressed by the quality of Mountain Rose Herbs. They are available online: https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ and sometimes in bulk sections of some stores (our Food Co Op carries some of their herbs). Mostly, I gauge the feeling of vitality I get from the dried herb--plants which have lost their scent and color are less likely to have retained as much of their medicinal value. Even Mountain Rose herbs will flatten out if they've been on the shelf too long. Getting to know locally growing plant allies and how to use them is ideal, and the next best thing might be local herbalists who make and sell products in your area. 

JourneyWithMe2, Yofisofi, Coyote and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Here is some information from Dr. Cynthia Watson M.D. (watsonwellness.org).

She is a wonderful doctor in the LA area who  literally saved my mom's life last year in discovering when  other no doctor other could help. 

Here are some "other" recommendations she has in addition to the CDC ones.  

The virus does not survive in hot temperatures. Drinking hot liquids, using a sauna or steam can help prevent spread of the virus. 

If you have a runny nose without a fever, you might just have a cold. Don't panic.  But if symptoms worsen, seek medical help.

The virus can survive on clothing for 6- 12 hours. Wash with hot water and laundry detergent.  Bleach or Oxy-clean may be added but aren't necessary. 

The virus will survive on metal surfaces for 12 hours, so keep any metal surfaces clean with anti-viral, antibacterial solution, bleach, or alcohol 

Gargle and do a nasal rinse with salt water to clear any bacteria or viruses from your naso-pharynx and throat. 

Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. 

Any supplements that help support your immune system are good:  Vitamin D 5000 IU daily Vitamin C dosage would depend on your tolerance, zinc, immune mushrooms, andrographis, elderberry, bee propolis. See my blog on the website,  http://watsonwellness.org/fight-the-flu/

Although there is no data that Colloidal silver will help, it does have history of antiviral activity. The 30 ppm if available can be used as a spray in for throat and mouth.

JourneyWithMe2, Coyote, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yofisofi)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @herondreams

@coyote I've been very impressed by the quality of Mountain Rose Herbs. [content removed]

Yes, MRH is my go-to for organic bulk herbs, they are great.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

You can also google acupuncture/pressure points for immune system balancing.  

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@triciact

Glad it is helping you....   Solfeggio tones.. very helpful - many different applications - I have used it for several years now... its very helpful to me. Here is the link for those that missed it  https://youtu.be/eLrJUdBHiXA

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@journeywithme2

Thank you so much! loved it!

Lilinoe, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

Here are a couple links to helpful Qigong exercises for strengthening your lungs and immune system.  The first and longer one (still, just 20 min.) was given to me by my acupuncturist.  The second and shorter one (6 min.) is good for when you feel the need for a few moments of lung-nurturing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqn70lirWKc&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0exG98Mm-K2OrHxXFQNZM6bJYx2qpzQ7yIWt-EeqLnyj9gmA86BhCM45M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-1tTnw8Vk

Breathe in love.  Exhale tension.  

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I just wanted to clarify all the information I've read now in our forum on helping to fight the virus vs. when you have it. Seems this is the bottom line I've read here: (I'm not a Dr. or healthcare professional, just trying to clarify what's been discussed)

So there are two different avenues of treatment going on that directly oppose one another.

IF you do NOT have the virus and the symptoms, and you are trying to boost your immune system to fight the virus, you want to go this route:

https://epinerein.com/2020/01/30/inhibit-coronavirus-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR18Oqoty38HSNoEbHdC9PMp10uT51zH6uRqrLjD1op_YdfR0-ChxOen0Qg#Can_We_Inhibit_Coronavirus_SARS-CoV-2

HOWEVER, if you are already infected and have the symptoms, then you have to stop the anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofin:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

CDeanne, BlueBelle, CDeanne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

@triciact  I'd check with md, but if you read article they say Tylenol is ok.  But Tylenol is pretty toxic to the liver, so if you have liver issues ask nurse and doctor.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Am posting this message in this Covid-19 Thread due to an abundance of Covid-19 wild west information on the Internet:

Hi Beautiful Community of light workers:

In recent weeks, a number of marketing trolls have been trying to post on this site (unsuccessfully, because  we have blocked them).  You don't see them because we catch them before they are allowed to post. We also want to share our ideas for healing potions because we are light workers.  But I need your help with the situation that is unfolding to discourage the trolls, and protect each other from non evidentiary (if that is even a word) advice: 

(1) Refrain from recommending commercial products.  

(2) If you want to suggest remedies to people, please keep it generic, like ginger rather than some company's special ginger potion.  Also provide evidence, quoting experts. 

(3) Also it goes without saying that no one can diagnose and prescribe here. You can suggest an article to read.  You can share your own experience. :-)

(4) Because  we are non commercial, links to commercial websites will be removed.  

(5) While I'm on the subject of providing evidence: I want to appreciate you ALL for refraining from posting claims or passing along rumors.  With the virus and with the political issues where big news is happening every hour, it is tempting to post quick information, like facebook posts. We have been keeping it reliable and grounded by posting links.  

(6) We are also a place where we can post our intuitions, hunches, dreams, visions.  That is good!  Just be sure to explain that it is a hunch or intuition or vision or an astrological based belief. 

If you have questions or want to discuss with me, please use the contact form to email me, rather than raise them here in this thread. I always want to understand if I've missed something. 

Thanks!  Love to you all. 

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raindrop)
Prominent Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

These are stressful times, and very often these are the times we easily misunderstand one another's words and intentions. I am trying to listen well to people's good intentions and fears and questions and respond with my heart, not reactivity. It's hard for all of us to do, but let's put out the intention at least to support each other in this way.

TriciaCT, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@raindrop. I hear you, dear friend. Thank you for wise words. 

TriciaCT, raindrop, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell

Eat one brazil nut a day for the selenium.. a vital nutrient in maintaining immune health and brain and cardiac health and those with thyroid disease usually have low levels...it is vital to thyroid function also.

An easy way to get nutritious greens when supplies and markets are hard to access - is to grow sprouts... all you need is a quart jar.. with a lid that you can strain the water off... rinse them daily and drain then keep in dark until sprouted ...then sit on counter in indirect light and let them green up and grow a bit then use on salads,sandwiches,soups,smoothies. Will be really tasty when fresh foods are hard to come by.

They are easily ordered online.. I like to make sure they are organic non gmo.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: