Notifications
Clear all

How Are We Doing? Wellness Health Check In. Please be Mindful in Your post.

562 Posts
49 Users
6200 Likes
25.8 K Views
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@lawrence, @ghandigirl, @journeywithme2, 

Thanks for the birthday greetings!  Just wish I could share that beautiful chocolate cake with the entire community!

? ❤️ ?

DolphinSpirit, Share, Lawrence and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@febbby23, birthday calendar entry ... DONE!  ? 

Share, Unk p, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@deetoo. Mine is August 3.

DolphinSpirit, JourneyWithMe2, Laynara and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@bluebelle, merci beaucoup!  

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

It is the Day of the Dead - Nov. 2

And I can feel the collective eye roll from all of y'all from here - "Well of course that's her birthday!" LOL

I'm not rolling my eyes.  Just my R's.  As in... Dios los Muerrrrtes    hehheh  

love ya Laurrrra

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Made it to our first night stop .  So far so good. Interesting how hotel chains do things. Same hotel brand as the one  we stayed in in Utah, but in Utah they only gave brown paper sack breakfasts.  Here they are offering their normal make and take ( not sure if you can sit).  We will eat in our room.

You didn't need to wear masks in Utah (we did of course) but you do in El Paso, at least it appears so. 

Interesting to note.  My 24 year old daughter told me 2 of her friends have posted today on social media about their battles with covid. They are her age.  One has been dealing with it for a month and still isn't back to normal.  Another since the 4th of July and he is starting to get worse but still at home.  This is not a cake walk at all for some of our younger people.

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures. Oh that is scary about the young people getting that sick.  Take care dear friend.  I see  angels surrounding you all on this journey and keeping you all safe. 

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Thank you Jeanne. Thinking of angels being with us is so comforting.  It makes me smile.

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  
How am I doing right today?  

In Texas, the state Attorney General announced this week that any preventative school closures deemed necessary by local health departments are illegal.

Let that sink in for a minute.

FYI, school districts  are required to offer in person learning options after the first few weeks of school if they want to keep state funding.  

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures Our state leadership is garbage. 

Lovendures, Unk p, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Heartbreaking and utterly lacking in anything and everything but blind allegiance to false values and beliefs! 

I am so deeply sorry.

In Texas, the state Attorney General announced this week that any preventative school closures deemed necessary by local health departments are illegal.

FEBbby23, deetoo, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lovendures, oh dear God ... that's INSANITY.  I am so sorry.  I don't know whether I want to fly into a rage or cry!  Since neither response will change things for the better at this moment, I'm sending some powerful, protective light and prayers their way.   

ghandigirl, FEBbby23, Pikake and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures Insanity!  

An update on our situation:  A parent actually volunteered to sign a waiver to get them in the building....

On Thursday, July 30, the County Board of Health (CCBH) issued a recommendation that all county school districts start the school year remotely.

This was our school response.  They are prepared so they think they are safe and have called in the lawyers.

"Our months of work and preparation were focused on the goal of in-building learning, but with the county’s recommendation and consulting with legal counsel and stakeholders, eLearning may be likely."

deetoo, FEBbby23, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures Oh boy.  Surrounding your daughter with light and protection. Do you know if the schools will be doing daily testing? I keep thinking they the reopening of schools will end as soon as a few kids start testing positive. 

deetoo, FEBbby23, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell

I have read nothing regarding testing anyone at schools in Texas.  Currently it takes over a week to get test results back in that state.    I mentioned earlier that an Indiana school opened for in- person school this week and on the first day of class a student was found to be positive for the virus.  I really can't say much right now because I am dismayed and mystified at the complete lack of morals and ethics many of our leaders seems to be displaying across the country.  If we can't even supply classrooms with tissues boxes, how can we expect schools to open without being death traps?

LalaBella, Unk p, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures You are both in my prayers.  We will continue to hold her in protective light.  

LalaBella, FEBbby23, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@kksali

I hope e-learning is a reality for you.  I am not aware of ANY school which is ready to open "safely". We need real time testing and contact tracing, far fewer children in attendance during in person classes, safe air conditioning/heating flow systems,  face shields, not just masks,  fully funded health and safety protocols.  Most importantly, the community needs to have a low level of virus spread before allowing districts to open for in-person learning and if it gets high, they need to shut down schools.  We can't afford to have a big learning curve here.

kksali, FEBbby23, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@lovendures

I'm just going to link to the fact that face shields are NOT as effective as face masks. They were meant to be used for blood spatter by healthcare pros, and have little to no protection to offer on their own. In conjunction with a mask, yes, they help. I can't imagine the mayhem of trying to get kids to wear both at school. So if you have to choose between them, go with a mask.

Maybe "The Mandalorian" should become mandatory viewing - "I am not allowed to remove my mask in front of another living being."

https://www.nbcnews.com/shopping/wellness/face-shields-coronavirus-n1234773

FEBbby23, DolphinSpirit, kksali and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures Our school district is well funded and they is probably one of the better prepared districts with all that you have mentioned.  And  we are Doing e-learning for both of our kids .  The difficulty is that both are not coping well with the uncertainty and constant COVID chatter.  Each handling it in their ways.  Anxiety and stress ridden. ?

FEBbby23, CC21, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@kksali

That's the most challenging part of whatever schools go to for teaching.

Our children everywhere are filled with the almost constant anxieties from everyone and everything associated with COVID-19 and these overwhelmingly stressful times.

It's too late to monitor or change the constant barrage of information processing we are all going through and that our children have been subjected to (or ourselves really) so at this point the best we can do is teach and all practice self-monitoring of stress and teach relaxation practices and techniques.

Psychologists are already telling us it starts with us. If we can practice lowering our anxieties and not further triggering our kids by constant discussions and reminders they won't add ours to their own.

This is energetic as well as empathic, and psychological but the potential for our all creating a potential PTSD trigger point is pretty significant.

And if that doesn't further ramp up things to worry about! Challenging times no matter what we do or don't do.

But we all need to try to find peace and happiness in the midst of worry and stress.  

kksali, LalaBella, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 29
Share: