Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] CANCELLATIONS

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

All AZ schools are now closed as of today and no gatherings of 50 or more.

ASU is still allowing for some music in person classes. My daughter has 4 of those...not real thrilled about that but it will likely change pretty soon.  None of those classes can be over 7 students in a room at once.

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@penelopefp)
Reputable Member Registered

@saibh I love that you are finding the blessings in this time with your family and walking around the lake...so much beauty all around us...every minute is precious

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

In Massachusetts the Governor just ordered:

All schools to shut.

All restaurants may no longer serve food on the premises, but can do take-out, "

Gatherings of over 25 people will be prohibited, including all community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions and any similar event or activity that brings together 25 or more people in a single room or a single space at the same time. This includes venues like fitness centers, private clubs and theaters. 

Boston Marathon is postponed until September.

Hospitals will be required to screen visitors and restrict visitation.

The Registry of Motor Vehicles will extend the renewal timeline.

Hospitals will be directed to postpone elective surgeries.

People can visit their doctors on line now.

No Town Meetings (legislative bodies in each town) (yay for me who is a TM).

My husband said that golf is the only spectator sport left now. He is not a big golf fan, but hey, it is a sport, isn't it? And you can watch it, no? Pretty boring though. (some feel).

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Laynara and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@goldstone

Good for all of you by being responsible and cancelling your performance--for other people's sake as well as your own.

Sounds like you have a great fan base and you know when the curve of  this crisis levels off and we all feel better about bringing back bits of normalcy-- an awful lot of people are going to need good people doing good things that makes us laugh and feel better about the really challenging times we've gone through.

So good luck and kudos to you and the others!

Goldstone, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@penelopefp)
Reputable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Wow! Bold moves!  I'm glad to hear that health clubs are included, as so many people on SM are asking about them. I remember a client I had a few years ago contracted a horrible MRSA infection from her gym. There's no way they can be disinfected fast enough. And, re your husband, hiking is a sport, right? Maybe not competitive. Nothing compares to a walk in early spring on the Delaware River in Bucks County, PA, which is what I did today. Fields of daffodils bursting and even pink cherry blossoms! 

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@jeanne-mayell

Wow! Some.of this is so conservative that my mouth dropped open reading!

"Gatherings of over 25 people will be prohibited, including all community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions and any similar event or activity that brings together 25 or more people in a single room or a single space at the same time. This includes venues like fitness centers, private clubs and theaters."

Oregon and Washington State closed their schools earlier but we're still at gatherings of 250 or more. Is this a typo or is it really only 25 people? Seems like almost everything would be closed.

JourneyWithMe2, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@penelopefp. We both love to hike and run and play racquetball, and I love swimming and walking every day.  But he's missing his spectator sports. 

JourneyWithMe2, Laynara, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@michele-b. I know. I'm glad. And this guy is a Republican.  It's the first time I've liked him in the five years he's been governor. Contrast to Mar a Lago where they aren't stopping anything, just claiming to be doing a lot of cleaning and staff training.  

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

For the record, a majority of U.S. states have now issued directives to close all schools within their borders. The magazine Education Week is keeping track: https://www.edweek.org/ew/section/multimedia/map-coronavirus-and-school-closures.html

Also, Argentina is in lockdown mode while Peru has closed its borders to most foreigners. Meanwhile, Bolsonaro in Brazil and AMLO in Mexico continue to party on with their supporters and sycophants as if nothing is amiss (just a note, AMLO is far left; dumb misjudgments are not the sole province of proto-fascists). 

Lilinoe, JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sidwich)
Honorable Member Registered

Mayor Garrett has closed all bars, nightclubs, public entertainment (movie theaters, bowling alleys, etc.), gyms/fitness clubs and studios, and in-person dining in Los Angeles as of midnight.  

Restaurants will be permitted to continue delivery and takeout service.

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sidwich

Mayor Garrett has closed all bars, nightclubs, public entertainment (movie theaters, bowling alleys, etc.), gyms/fitness clubs and studios, and in-person dining in Los Angeles as of midnight.  

Restaurants will be permitted to continue delivery and takeout service.

I thought the Mayor is Garcetti?

Coyote, BlueBelle, Coyote and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

The CDC stated tonight that ALL gatherings in the US of more than 50 people, whether public or private, need to be cancelled for a minimum of the next 8 weeks.

Here in CA the governor has ordered ALL people over the age of 65 to stay home and "shelter in place", and he extended that to anyone considered high-risk of any age. He also ordered the closure by midnight tonight of all bars, nightclubs, wineries, pubs, etc. Restaurants may remain open but must only allow 50% capacity for dine-in with good separation of tables, and encourages takeout & delivery over that anyway.

Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sidwich)
Honorable Member Registered

@laura-f  Damn autocorrect! ? 

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Hi everyone!

IWarning!  I'm going to post some things that may raise your anxiety level. 

I chose do so because I think it is better for you to be prepared for where it seems our country is headed and not be blindsided.

Things are pretty fluid right now.  Dramatic changes each day.  If you haven't already thought about it, make sure you have gas in your car.  If you need to use it for an emergency or you have a job which is essential, you need to have that tank filled now.  There have not been any long lines in my neighborhood for gas, that might change in the near future.  Also, do you have cash on hand?  

Today I heard from some well connected people that the WH is currently discussing Martial Law  for the nation.  Military drills have been run for such a scenario.   It may happen this week. 

Many states have begun imposing restrictions and curfews. Could this is part of preparing us for Martial Law to take place?  

Also, as I have mentioned before many times, a pattern in emerging,  If "they" say something may happen regarding re-actions to this virus, it does happen.  

Are you an plane ride  away from home right now ?  You may really need to think about getting home, now!  We don't know what restrictions will be coming down now. 

In Los Angeles,  tents have been erected at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center..  Looks like they are planning for some major case loads. The hospital said the move was made following guidance from local, state and national public health authorities. 

"The temporary quarters, located in a parking garage at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills and a parking lot at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, will give physicians and nurses the ability to assess multiple patients."

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/13/cedars-sinai-coronavirus-tents-beverly-hills-marina-del-rey/

According to CNN, 300 infected people in Paris are in ICU, half are under the age of 60.

Does this seem to be at odds with what we (think) we know or is it just me?  

Now for some good news.  China is starting to move toward normalcy right now.  Things are opening again and they are asking their foreign teachers to make plans to come back soon.  

Lilinoe, CC21, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures

They have set up tents in the parking lot at the hospital in my area...doing a sort of triage of incoming patients and how things are handled. Checked for fever and asked about symptoms...if fits Covid-19 profile..to the tents... no fever and other symptoms..the ER etc.. No visitors allowed ..only one allowed to each person for patient support. No school for two weeks...online learning, everyone who can work from home is told to do so, no gatherings over 25 people, and National Guard has been called up to help food delivery to those in need and to build another facility for housing/treatment other than the one already set up at a state park....everyone was joking and not taking it seriously...now? the pendulum has swung and really tightening up the restrictions....it's like standing by the ocean watching the waves and seeing them pickup in the wind...the crests getting bigger and the swells wider and faster and knowing you are going to have to step back as they start crashing higher and higher up the shoreline

"Of the 99 confirmed cases, the majority, 64 percent have been men. Nearly half, 48 percent, fall in the 18-59 age bracket. People 60 or older have 45 percent of the Georgia cases."

All can be infected... it's people 60 and up who tend to be hit the hardest and need hospitalization and have a higher death rate from it. That are in the High Risk group and tend to get hit harder by the disease.

That being said...some of those in the 40 somethings around here have been hit pretty hard too! Many have probably had it but they are just now getting the tests needed ...only 15 a day were being tested until just the end of this week.

As for Paris...I heard there two strains? One more virulent that the other? So possibly that is the reason for their increased ICU cases? that ... or... the virus is mutating. ? 

O

Lilinoe, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures  The prospect of martial law brings up fear but also I am reminded of something on the positive side.

It brings up fear because I had envisioned back in 2016 that Trump might eventually impose martial law in order to take full control and stay in office and shut down protests, criticism, the press, and his political enemies.  At the time I had feared he would bring in Eric Prince who has his own mercenary army. I had posted it on the main page of this site all through 2016 & 2017.   (Obviously if he imposes martial law then he can use the U.S. military and won't need Prince who was kicked out of Iraq for abusive tactics. @vestralux and I discussed this at one point in an email exchange in which she told me without having seen my posted predictions that she too was concerned about Prince.)  

The good news is that I had also seen that this kind of approach to ruling this country, if imposed, would result in people completely and utterly walking away from the federal government, hunkering down in their state and local communities, and letting go once and for all of a repressive system.  

TriciaCT, Laynara, CC21 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

posted by laura-f:

The CDC stated tonight that ALL gatherings in the US of more than 50 people, whether public or private, need to be cancelled for a minimum of the next 8 weeks.

When I heard this, I thought that 50 people are still too many.  And then I heard a doctor on the news state the same thing.  He thinks the gatherings should be significantly smaller, and only among close family members (assuming everyone is healthy).

TriciaCT, CC21, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deetoo. In Ma the rule as of Sunday night is 25 max. 

LalaBella, TriciaCT, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Our governor (tri state area) just closed all movie theaters, restaurants and bars:!!!

https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/News/Press-Releases/2020/03-2020/Northeast-Governors-From-Connecticut-New-York-New-Jersey-Announce-Collective-Measures

ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Here in Kentucky we just elected a new Democrat as governor.  He is on top of the job while I'll ex governor Matt Blevins ie turd light, is tweeting snarking remarks!  It's like a little mini night mare! Anyway in Louisville all restuarants will close at 5PM and grocerys will close at 7PM to restock.  I live right next store to a family owned grocery (three stores in two counties) the owner is bringing in auternative sources to buy produce, local if possible, and hiring part time workers to help stock.  This man deserves a metal!

Anyway one yahoo in  middle Ky was tested positive and announced he wasn't going to be quarintined and would go out and infect as many people as possible.  The Governor sicked the police on him and he now has a state trooper stationed outside his door!

Meanwhile the administration does rsearch to see how much money they can screw the American people out of!  tump is a national disgrace.  I sincerely hope the country wises up and realizes this man must go!

Oh yeah,onemore thing.  MoscowMitch had the F'ing audacity to release his Senate agenda for this week!  Again lets screw the people out of everything we can and kill as many as possible!  I honestly amnot a personwho hates, but I do this administration!

Lilinoe, LalaBella, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 11
Share: