(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Let's get a reading list! 

ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @vestralux

Speaking of, has anyone read Lynn McTaggert's The Power of Eight: Harnessing the Miraculous Energies of a Small Group to Heal Others, Your Life, and the World?

I need to. Maybe we outta create a little book club. ?

I am here for a book club! In fact, I'm really intrigued by this book (having only read the summary online), and if all goes well I might start reading it this weekend, if anyone else is interested. 

Stargazer, deetoo, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

There is a book out now that has a chapter on me. :-) https://www.amazon.com/dp/194900318 3" target="true">The Gift Within Us by May Ann Bohrer.

I had given the author a reading back in the 90's when she was living in the country in a house with two big beautiful trees in the front yard and a kind beautiful man who really got her. I also saw the child they would have.  I think I gave her the time frame too.  

She called years later to tell me she had met and married that wonderful man and was indeed living in Pennsylvania with him and their child in a house, yes, with two beautiful sycamore trees in the front yard. 

She told me she was going to write a book about intuitives and wanted me in it. I was thrilled. Her book agent wanted her to include more profile chapters about the intuitives because their stories were so interesting. So The Gift Within Us features profile chapters about 33 highly gifted intuitives, because 33 is a master number in numerology. I referred Mary Ann to one of the intuitives in her book, Judy Swanson. 

We spoke for many hours over the years in which I told her that the important part of it all was that we are all psychic, we all possess this gift.  She's a great writer and she believes that herself and got that point across so well. 

I made sure she told the world about our community and how everyone is psychic and that's what it is all about. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1949003183

If you end out buying it, please give it a review on Amazon.  It's those reviews that make book sales.

P.S. I love Lynn McTaggert's work. She started out with a book called The Field which is about the psychic field of energy.  

Share, lenor, Unk p and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell,

Regarding your inclusion in Bohrer's book -- that's wonderful, Jeanne!  I'm not at all surprised.  You are so gifted -- and you are a gift to us as well!   Be prepared:  you might find yourself busier than you would have ever imagined with giving readings.  ? 

I plan to purchase both Bohrer's and McTaggert's book.  Re the book club:  I'm a slow reader and may not catch up to others in my reading, but I will still share my thoughts and feelings.  Thanks to @vestralux and @jeanne-mayell for the reading recommendations, and to @sistermoon for suggesting the Book Club.

Stargazer, SisterMoon, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Congratulations Jeanne! I do intend on buying the book on Amazon and definitely leaving a review! Well deserved recognition and I'm so proud of you!

When God closes one door he opens another! You'll be so busy doing readings your hubby will have to be your agent ? ? 

❤️

Share, Michele, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@triciact Thank you,  TriciaCT.  The book's author elevates the psychic gift to the sacred where it belongs. She is a passionate advocate of quality psychics and could help raise our awareness at a time when we need this ability to bring our species to the next level.

Share, Michele, Laynara and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@deetoo I think @coyote has had some book recommendations.  Hope he will weigh in here too. 

Share, deetoo, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Okay, I'll pop in.

If we're keeping to psychism and related topics, my suggestions for nonfiction include:

Anything by Lewis Mehl-Madrona Madrona, M.D. He's concerned with harnessing intuitive/shamanic powers that we all possess when it comes to healing from physical and mental illnesses. Note: Lewis has 40 years of experience as a certified psychiatrist behind him, so he expertly brings mainstream medical assumptions to task. His first book, Coyote Medicine: Lessons from Native American, published in 1997, is a good place to start.

In fiction:

The Bone People by Keri Hulme. Psychism, dream visions, prophecy, indigenous knowledge, communing with the ancestors, and the greater mysteries of the universe are constant themes in this 445-page novel. It's a dense read, but hugely rewarding. 

I personally don't like using Amazon; I deleted my account with them back in 2018. When it comes to buying books, I'm loyal to the website Biblio.com, which sources all of its titles from independent booksellers. The Gift Within Us is available through Biblio, and you can write a review for it there too:

https://www.biblio.com/book/gift-within-us-intuition-spirituality-power/d/1310595424

Share, Unk p, Kateinpdx and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@drolma)
Estimable Member Registered

Voice of Our Ancestors, by Venerable Dhyani Ywahoo, was the book my spiritual teacher was teaching when I first met her. Before she passed away in 2010, she introduced us students to many great teachers including Venerable Dhyani Ywahoo. 

When I first met Vernerable Dyani Ywahoo in person, being a workaholic, I was late to her lecture. Standing in the back of the room, I felt homesick, the feeling that you do not belong no matter where you go, worsen by the fact I lived alone in a foreign country. I didn't pay much attention to her teaching. In the end, all the students lined up to get her autograph for this book of hers we were studying. I couldn't make up my mind so I was the last in line. When I reached her, she asked for my name. I gave her the English/French name I used in this country. She wrote it down then paused. After a few seconds, I felt she was waiting for me to give her my given name, a name I rarely used, so I did. She add that name, scribbled something on the page and signed it. I walked away, reading what she wrote in awe with tears. 

She wrote, "Wherever you are, you are home."

I came to this forum due to extreme anxiety about our children's future. When I listen to the wise ones, I become much more in peace. So, thank you.

Michele, Pikake, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

I’m pretty new here, but I keep coming back over and over again. This community is truly special. It’s a gem, and I can scarecely believe I was fortunate enough to stumble in! 

I want to read “The Gift Within Us” with you all. I’m sort of an observer who is unconvinced of my own gifts in this regard. I know it’s largely because I lack the courage to develop them. I have mother’s intuition. I call it Momdar (like radar for moms), especially regarding my son. I also get a sense of unexpected calmness  — can’t think of another way to describe it— when my sister who lives 500 miles away is about to go off the rails which usually results in her lashing out at me out of the blue. She is disabled and very stubborn and very set in her ways, won’t listen to common sense much of the time, so I avoid initiating contact with her for the most part. I can be her verbal punching bag sometimes. Boundaries. 

Both of my parents are gone, now. Mom always said people on her side were psychic.  I’ve never once had any sort of dream or visitation. However, when my dad died, I asked him to send me pennies from heaven so I’d know he was okay. The morning after he died, I found a nickel in my purse and normally don’t look at them closely, was paying for something when I looked at the nickel. It was dated 1939, the year he was born. I still have it. Later, I found out quite by accident that he’s not my bio dad and probably never knew this, himself, so I wonder if that’s why I can’t connect with him, now. I loved and admired him so, so much, so that was quite a blow for me. 

I think part of why I can’t tap into my gifts is fear, or maybe apprehension is a better word. I’ve had some amazing encounters with very gifted people in readings over the years, and I know absolutely that the Gift is sacred and a manifestation of divine love. I’m not sure why I can’t just rest in that and let it flow. 

Looking forward to reading this! 

Share, BlueBelle, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Currently reading The Power of Eight thanks to @VestraLux and I have to say it is VERY VERY intriguing! Definitely recommended (although I am only about 20% of the way through).

Share, Pikake, Share and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I just finished reading a speculative fiction book called Walkaway by Cory Doctorow and really loved it. It has a lot of philosophical discussion in it. It relates to a change of living--people just "walkaway" from society--a civilization that has found them to be redundant and create their own more or less built on anarchistic ideals. They are leaderless (kind of like OWS movement brought to its natural conclusion) and what seems to make it work is the use of open source technology that has advanced to where 3D printers can make almost everything (clothing, building materials, food,) and they just take what is called "feed stock" or just materials that have been discarded. The qualms I have is that basically everyone is so competent and mostly willing to pitch in so they have a surplus of workers and have to force or persuade people to do nothing for periods of time. But people keep creating and doing new projects, doing research etc. and they figure out a way to live forever. It is a dystopia/utopian type novel. But it was very interesting to me. What appeals is the nonconfrontational/nonviolent attitude the movement prescribes "walkaway" rather than stand and fight. It assumes that there is plenty--of room/space etc. for everyone to walkaway to.. even to the point of building an underground station under brownfield/totally polluted areas and printing wild space type suits to be able to go to surface/outside in.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

I posted this under Q&A but I'm looking for a good recommendation for an audiobook under the subject of Astrology/Tarot/Psychic development/divination. I am going to be quitting my audio subscription and need to use up the credits I have saved.

ReplyQuote
(@drolma)
Estimable Member Registered

@rowsella I like to listen to Caroline Myss.

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

There is a book out now that has a chapter on me. :-) https://www.amazon.com/dp/194900318 3" target="true">The Gift Within Us by May Ann Bohrer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1949003183

I've been getting emails from people who heard about us and this community on James Van Praagh's facebook live broadcast. Apparently Van Praagh devoted a broadcast to Bohrer author of The Gift Within Us, which is the book about psychics that has a chapter on me and this work we do here.

She's writing another book and I keep telling her that you all are gifted and that matters because, as I've been saying for ten years, including on George Noory's Coast to Coast in 2015 -- when everyday people find their intuition, then we all rise.  We rise because we truly begin to think for ourselves.  We begin to trust our original thinking, intuiting, rather than relying on what someone is dictating to us. 

Finding your intuition can mean true self determination. 

Here's the link to Van Praagh's broadcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZTv3Jl1bA&fbclid=IwAR31Mx3mY7Eisb3kMUg3VXqznMrNhRwjA16JpUHWGpXEDD_PZ1WrchOFJqM

Share, Coyote, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@jeanne-mayell

I've been getting emails from people who heard about us and this community on James Van Praagh's facebook live broadcast. Apparently Van Praagh devoted a broadcast to Bohrer author of The Gift Within Us,which is the book about psychics that has a chapter on me and this work we do here.

So awesome! Congratulations on that, Jeanne! Truly a shame your own books aren't written/finished yet. Such publicity with all the synchronistic tie-ins!

Expect the site to be flooded as people buy and read even this book. Hope your bandwidth can handle the increase in traffic both here and at home in classes and /or readings on the phone!

Hard enough to read and keep up with this site now! ?

Share, BlueBelle, Share and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

I watched James Van Praagh's interview with Maryann on facebook. 

Its still up if you're on facebook. Its about 47 minutes long with lots of interplay between them. 

If you're on fb the link is:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2644389799139746&id=95674184124

Share, Jeanne Mayell, Share and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

"The Gift Within Us"  (book with Jeanne as one of 33 psychics interviewed) of its aithor by James Van Praague on his Soul Care youtube channel: 

https://youtu.be/EfZTv3Jl1bA

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: