Notifications
Clear all

Basic rations to survive a pandemic

(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

Can we send Twitler to Cestus lll and exchange him for a Gorn? We'd have more competent leadership.

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @polarberry

Can we send Twitler to Cestus lll and exchange him for a Gorn? We'd have more competent leadership.

Twitler, when the toilet flushed...

Michele, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@journeywithme2

I'm digesting everything in this forum (at the same time working) and I just wanted to say I'm praying for your son!  Light surrounding him in swirls I just pictured.

LalaBella, Michele, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@triciact

Thank you ! Thank everyone who has been praying.. he is finally starting to turn the corner after 7 days of being really really sick.

villager, Lilinoe, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

"Twitler when the toilet is flushed."

@laura-f

And let's face it, there's a whole lot of flushing going on. Too much fecal material spraying out of a lot of supposedly intelligent leaders mouths (ok well out of everywhere"!

And now all that toilet paper is being used at home only as a giant unemployed workforce self-isolated. Not to mention a whole posse of children wiping and flushing all day long to excess with home and not school supplies!

Still panicking and worried you might not have have enough for this huge unexpected staycation! And calling it a staycation is absurd for many. Three kids stuck in a house for who knows how long is worse than a zoo of caged animals with no one to feed them and not enough pooper scoopers to go around.

So this toilet paper mania how can you judge if you have enough?

This toilet paper calculator lets you know how long your bathroom stash will last!

It’s a relatively simple tool perhaps lacking in some considerations but you put in the number of rolls you have left and the number of toilet visits you estimate you take per day, and it spits out a nice whole number at the top of the screen.

So 10 rolls left at three visits per day (the default for the website when you visit it for the first time) equates to 53 days.

That’s plenty of toilet paper, you’d think.
But there are advanced options for taking into account more complicated metrics, like the number of people in the household and number of sheets on the roll of whatever brand of toilet paper you have.

The result is a fun, if not tad dystopian, tool for figuring out how long you’re stash will last if coronavirus-related lockdowns around the world stay in effect for weeks to months.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2020/3/19/21186029/toilet-paper-calculator-coronavirus-self-isolation-how-long-it-lasts.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@journeywithme2

I will keep you both in my prayers. It is not easy being a parent in normal times when our children get sick.  Now it is even more difficult.

May he continue his road to recovery.

JourneyWithMe2, Laynara, polarberry and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@michele-b

You ok? (I mean none of us are ok, but are you ok?)

My statement was a sly ST: Next Gen reference...

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: