Notifications
Clear all

RV Oct 26 - The UN the day after the midterm elections

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

The RV of Washington after the midterm elections has been very interesting. Let's now try to get a feeling for the international reactions to the election results. I think the UN is the best place for this.

The exercise is as follows:

Place: UN building, New York. Alternatively, if focusing on places doesn't work too well for you, you may try to target specific international leaders.

Time: November 7, afternoon. (If you feel drawn to a different moment in time, that's also OK)

Target: Anything you can see and hear, especially people and conversations between people. What is the general mood? What are people talking about? Are people from any particular countries having strong reactions?

ReplyQuote
(@demeter)
Trusted Member Registered

I tuned in to 'my' two leaders, Mark Rutte and Theresa May. With both of them, I see them acknowledging the news but not giving any particular strong reaction. It's a feeling of business as usual.

At the UN building, I also don't get any strong feelings. People are just going about their business and carrying around their own personal moods.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

Because my "Day after Midterms in DC" RV was somewhat confusing, I've used a 11/15/2018 dateline here. My approach was to let general impressions find their way through. 

I didn't get the sense that there was a strong reaction to the election. Maybe it's because they're all seasoned diplomats and a steady, balanced approach to events is their modus operandi.  

However, there were a few things I noted. There had been some sort of Trump bluster, which was being met with some amusement and shaking of heads. I felt "Brazil" was being used as a comparison point somehow, maybe because of the recent election of the new right wing government there.

China entered a couple of times. It was engaged in dialogue with Iran, and it may have something to do with Israel (I glimpsed Netanyahu). China was also interacting with some African nations, but I don't know what the topic was. China is seen here as a dominant player throughout the UN.

The general mood regarding the Midterm elections was "Wait and see". Also, for some weird reason, I saw a stuffed elephant doll wearing a red MAGA hat. Not sure about the meaning here, but it could be that the administration is not being taken as seriously now?

Thanks, Maria, for these exercises!

Jeanne Mayell, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Like other people, I didn't sense much of a reaction except one thing - Mexico! I saw Mexicans laughing, not sure at what, but like it was the funniest joke ever.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Mikeb, regarding the stuffed elephant, what details do you remember about the elephant?  Was it dirty/  torn, clean/ fresh?  Where was it positioned? ( Under around, beneath, in front of something or someone, a country flag, object?).  That might give some insight.

A "wait and see" might point to something being undecided still.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

Hey There, Lovendures -    I don't have clear and precise details, but I'll try to describe this very fleeting glimpse of the image. The elephant stuffed animal appeared to be in the background, up on a shelf, like something that has been put into a closet. The hat was bright red and immediately identifiable (to me) as a MAGA chapeau. It was the most dominant feature here, not in size but in color and light. The elephant looked a little worn for wear, not fresh or new... but not falling apart either, from what I could see. Whether it was wearing stuffed animal clothes, I couldn't quite detect; however, aside from the hat, the elephant's light and color was muted.

I didn't see anyone or anything around it. Again, it was a really fast glimpse...

ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

I had the following pop into my head as I was reading the RV question: Jean-Claude Juncker (President of the European Commission) is sitting at a table. He blurts out Ha! and then (with a hint of schadenfreude) says to himself ' Well that will keep him busy'. I take that to be a reference to Donald Trump. That's all I have.

CDeanne, Michele, CDeanne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Schadenfreude!

What a fabulous word and filled with so much imagery! I didn't even need a translation! My absolute favorite new word for those needing new energetic placement with their Louis Vuitton (sorry, Louis) Gucci, whatever) baggage of political karma and yes I know cultural usage of karma is not quite the original of more personal intent.  But if you're carrying too much egoic baggage, time to let it go or face shadenfreude energies eventually.

Keep it all light today, lightworkers. This is how we ride in on the wave of possibilities to create possibilities.

With light hearts ablaze, and spreading out into the ocean of possibilities , imaging and co-creating our future as in what is best in all ways for creating a better, brighter, new world. 

If we see it, feel it, we can believe it, create it. And so be it.  

Grace, CDeanne, villager and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Pretty much like people saw, there wasn't much of an international reaction, mostly because the results were as expected by the polls, so there were no surprises.

I'm wondering if the stuffed elephant in the MAGA hat was connected to the Mexicans laughing - maybe they were planning to do something silly to it at some point, to show their disapproval of Trump?

ReplyQuote
Share: