Notifications
Clear all

RV - Speaker of the House

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

This can be a difficult exercise, so don't be disappointed if you don't get anything at all. 

Person: The next Speaker of the House in the USA. Who is this person? Democrat or Republican? Male or female? Do you feel any chance that this person will become president? Anything you can feel, even if it's purely symbolic, can be useful.

Time: January 2018

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I saw this scene, not sure whether it's real or symbolic. There seem to be a lot of symbolic things in it, it may be a mix of the two.

There's a big indoors space, very well lit, with big stairs going up. A white elderly woman dressed in a white suit comes downstairs. Then a black man dressed in a black suit, also elderly, comes from the right side and meets her. They greet in a friendly way. And then, a younger white woman, dressed in a dark red formal dress, comes and stands in front of them, arms crossed, staring at them as in a challenge. After the staring contest, the woman in the white suit looks away and goes back upstairs. The woman in red walks away with fast strides. Only the black man stays.

I'll leave this going on a bit longer to give time to other people to say what they sense.

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

OK, just a quick hit: After concentrating on January 14, 2019 (a few extra days after the scheduled swearing-in date), the images of Nancy Pelosi and James Clyburn went flashing past. I presume that Pelosi will be the Speaker of the House, and Clyburn will be the House Majority Leader.

I didn't detect anything from Pelosi as being a Future President.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

I've thought about this for a few minutes... and I don't know why James Clyburn would have entered my "RV" exercise unbidden. I hate to speculate, but here goes: Pelosi does not last long as Speaker. Clyburn would be tabbed by the Democrats as one with seniority and a progressive values-set. 

Or... Pelosi is the Speaker and forms a strong working bond with Clyburn as House Majority Leader. There would be an enormous amount of work to begin and manage, both in legislation and investigations. Pelosi and Clyburn are two old pro's who know how to get things done.

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Maria and Mikeb, I'm struck by the similarity between what you both saw.   Nancy Pelosi = older white woman.  James Clyburn = older African American male. 

Then there's the young woman Maria also saw who appears to be "challenging" them.

Could it be that Pelosi and Clyburn strike some sort of deal, where she lets Clyburn run for Speaker in order to stave off a challenge by a younger progressive element?

Of course, this all assumes that the Democrats will re-take the house.   Fingers crossed!

I've tried several times to do this RV myself, but my brain is too full of other events to concentrate enough, so it was interesting reading what came across to both of you.  Thanks!

Jeanne Mayell, mariad, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

If the Dem's win the House, I can't see Pelosi as Speaker.  Hopefully the party knows by now that she would not be the right person to energize the growing progressive population in this country.  I don' know who it is but I can't see her lasting long. She doesn't have the charisma. 

TriciaCT, Marley, mariad and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

It looks like Pelosi is getting challenged in her bid to be Speaker of the House. Which is exactly what came out in this RV exercise.

ReplyQuote
Share: