OPRAH.

4 Posts
3 Users
18 Likes
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Quick post about OPRAH. 

There have been posts on here about her, and running for office. At the moment,  she is not interested, in a run, but she will be doing significant stuff, in the Mid-terms, endorsing candidates, supporting them, etc. I would describe this as dipping a foot into the water. She will get drawn in. I do, one day, see her running for State Governor , or Washington senator. She will be a very valuable addition to the Black Caucus, and the Democrats. Quite possibly, later, a Cabinet Post. I get: "Health and Welfare". She puts that house in order. This is very much her doing "Legacy" and leaving something behind her. 

KB, Jeanne Mayell, Kim K. and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Good to hear, Zoron. I think we're done with celebrities in the executive branch. I would hope she'd use her money and power to mentor young african american women. Same for Hillary - I hope she gives up politics except in a mentor role.

Gigi and Gigi reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered

This is was will written article since Oprah speech #MeToo. Unfortunately it is not just a problem  with the rich or the celebrities. This problem is not one sided such as celebrities or politics which creates a division between them vs. us, but rather it is branch out in many directions world wide affecting everyone. The only difference, the rich can get the best lawyers, who will find the holes in the system and serve no time or very little time. 

http://www.theage.com.au/good-weekend/the-great-sexual-reckoning-how-did-we-get-here--and-what-happens-now-20180124-h0npcc.html

Melissa, Jeanne Mayell, Melissa and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Actually, some of the really rich will not serve time, because they are dead. (just like a recent Supreme court judge.)

Think about it.

oron.

KB, Kim K., KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: