Notifications
Clear all

Missing Indigenous Women of North America

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

Hey everyone - I have a favor to ask. Can we please put our minds together and try to RV on what, exactly is going on in the US and Canada? There are hundreds of missing/murdered indigenous women over the last couple of years. Some of them are victims of domestic abuse, no doubt, but what about the rest? Is it a serial killer? Is it a group of serial killers? Are white men hunting them? Are they being trafficked to foreign countries? When I meditate on it alone, I'm not getting a lot of answers. I am not indigenous, but have female friends who are. I'd love to be able to give them some insight.

Thanks and Peace!

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

This makes me so sick I can barely read your words,  but my first thought was of great darkness and human trafficking.

I can't see anymore as my insides start screaming. I hope and pray with everything in me that I am feeling the darkness that exists in this world and that its not a true vision.

But oh, how my heart hurts for all those trapped and captured beings who have disappeared. Blessings of love and light to their soul's in transit and to families who miss them.

May we join in the light to fight the darkness by raising the our own collectives heart lights even higher.

Peace be to hearts and souls everywhere that suffering of any and all kinds may end.

TaG22 and TaG22 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

Oh Michele B, I'm so sorry this has caused you such distress. Thank you so much for trying despite your pain.

ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

Director Taylor Sheridan does very socially relevant movies.  In 2017, he did Wind River starring Elizabeth Olsen and Jeremy Renner.  It is about murders of Native women on the Wind River reservation in WY.  Trigger warning.  It is an amazing movie on a disturbing topic.  I believe men prey on these women because they know they can get away with it.  That has been true ever since white people first came to this country.  Indigenous people have been dehumanized for centuries.  Especially the women who are often without the means or support to fight these horrific crimes.

Flor, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I saw this movie. Very good. It should have gotten awards for the story, and acting. My brother said he has watched it several times on Netflix.

TaG22 and TaG22 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

I feel these missing women are disappearing from all of the above.  They are easy prey.  I mentioned on the Kavanaugh page that during the testimonies of Dr Ford and the Beer Boy, we happened on a Lakota woman performing the hoop dance.  The hoops are all about unity and healing.  It left us in tears as it was so timely for what had happened to Dr Ford and what continues to happen to Native American Women. I think it was Black Elk that saw a time of all colors of people coming together in a rainbow tribe.  That has been happening with the pipeline protests.  I think the time is right for a rainbow tribe of women to rise up against mistreatment and violence.  The Women's March is just a start.  Those cowards in DC will really panic when a rainbow "mob" comes for them.

Flor, Lovendures, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: