Notifications
Clear all

Reading the Coronavirus

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

@goldstone I find that the Queen of Coins may suggest that a female benefactor will step up and offer funding and/or knowledge to heal the situation.

Regarding the stay at home orders.  Many parts of the world have reported less pollution and water and air quality improving.  We may have a  slight reprieve from climate shift because of less consumption and travel. Plant more trees where they will thrive and we may have a solution.  Also worth considering is alcohol fueled cars and solar energy.  The technology is already there.

lenor, Lilinoe, Goldstone and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@leona)
Reputable Member Registered

Thanks! @jeanne-mayell I used the Universal Tarot deck gifted to me by a close friend. 

ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

@screenie

I suspect that when it comes to the Queen of Coins, I was a bit perplexed at the time when I've set them down. I'm not sure who this benefactor is though, at least from my limited knowledge about the who's who's with the prominant social side within Australia. If we're talking about the person who is going to chip in, I would say who this person might be according what this card indicates.

This benefactor is most likely a woman, but it can also be likely a male who is proud of his feminine qualities in him. However, coins usually means wealth, with wealth comes with power. So this person might be within the higher echleons of society to say the least. This person can also be industrial minded.

Another thing with this card that not many people have overlooked, at least readers outside of this community, that this card has a strong connection with nature and creation. So this person can be scientist, a technologist, someone who strongly avocates environmental ethics or all the above.

My feelings said that this person is not a politican and does not show themselves in front of the camera that often.

-------------

As for the stay at home part, unfortunately while its well sounded on paper, there are some parts of the world that makes this task easier said than done. As I've mention, India has a really large disaprancy between the rich, the poor and the minorities. As one Indian doctor puts it, social distencing is a privilege where the rich and the upper middle class can afford to lock themselves at home with a fridge and internet connection.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/30/as-the-wealthy-quaff-wine-in-comfort-indias-poor-are-thrown-to-the-wolves-coronavirus

Meanwhile poor could not afford a fridge, so they rely on daily wages where they get foods that can only lasted a day.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/30/divided-delhi-under-lockdown-if-coronavirus-doesnt-kill-me-hunger-will

And I haven't mention about the displaced musilims who had to rely on camps for shelter, who are now being kicked out because of the lockdown, where they have no where to go.

As someone from the UN and WHO puts it, money is need to put in to help the poorer countries to cope with the pandemic, otherwise there will be a heavy price to pay for that kind of selfish and 'every man for himself' attitude.

Also, that's one of the reasons why the X Cups appeared on the cover section, because Australia has some few advantages to deal with the pandemic in comparison to other parts of the world.

Wish that some people in my own community don't take this oppotunity for granted.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

@goldstone My impressions on the Queen of Coins for outcome: Practical measures will be taken to nurture and protect the people. Not necessarily from a benefactor or leader; rather, the community as a whole needs to rally and do what's necessary to protect everyone. The queen of coins is caring, nurturing, comforting, and sensible, attributes that individuals and communities, and the people as a whole, will be tapping into to support and help one another, and to keep everyone safe. For a time, the outcome will be a quieter, simpler life, with people nurturing and comforting those who need it (even from afar), and with people who have a little more making sure those who have less are cared for and not forgotten.

Marley, lenor, Pikake and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

@grace

Actually, I agree and like your interpretation. I've noticed some people around me are trying to reach out to help those who are unfortunate or have less.

lenor, Grace, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Ok, so I have completed my weekly Tarot reading. I've spent a lot of time meditating on and analyzing this one, so please feel free to share your thoughts.

Question: What will CV bring to the US over the next seven days?

Deck used: Thoth

Cards drawn: Queen of Wands / Aeon / 7 of Wands (Valour) / Universe / Knight of Wands

Again, I won’t bore you with an explanation of my extensive shuffling process, but my homegirl Queen of Wands popped right up again. Not so surprising, as to me she represents change and transformation, but at this point I feel as though Spirit is having a laugh at my expense. 

I should also note that I rarely view court cards as individual persons but rather as energies. But if anyone thinks a card points toward a particular person, please share!

My reading: We continue in this time of great transformation. This time is giving birth to what has long been stirring underground. We are in a period of cosmic renewal; courage and bravery is required of us all in order to rise above this challenging time. This painful transformation, however, will give way to an expansion of consciousness and a renewed focus on community — these consequences are already starting to occur and will only increase as the virus moves toward its deadly peak. 

The Knight of Wands at the end is the most open to interpretation; this card could denote good news, a positive advancement, or even a great deed (surely many great deeds of those on the front lines will permeate the news cycle in the next week). Perhaps this card symbolizes those great deeds that result from the ongoing expansion of consciousness indicated by the Universe. It is possible that, as the collective charges toward awakening, we will see an increase in powerful deeds, on both a large and small scale. 

However, the Knight of Wands also represents courage and self-determination, the full utilization of potential. He is a warrior. He stands within the fire but is not consumed by it. I believe he represents the way toward psychic survival; to return to the previous week’s reading, we are all being called to use what gifts we have — to serve as midwives, in a sense, to this rising consciousness. We must directly confront these changes, not shy away from them. (Spatially, the Knight faces the Universe, not the other direction, indicating he is facing these challenges head-on.) 

Also of note: the Universe is surrounded on both sides by cards representing bravery. Thus, we must not only be brave as we undergo these changes — the “new world” to come will require our bravery too. We must not expect a return to the “easy” life.

Also interesting is that the week is bookended by “fire cards” — the Queen and Knight of Wands — indicating that, over the next week, the virus will continue to burn through the nation as expected, and it is not likely the week will see any decrease as far as those numbers are concerned. We are in the thick of the fire now.

Fire, of course, is purifying as well as destructive, and what will remain will move us closer to the higher consciousness indicated by the Aeon and the Universe.

Thoughts? 

Jeanne Mayell, Avon, Grace and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Ok everyone - so I've completed my weekly coronavirus reading and, as I found it somewhat tricky, I'd like your thoughts.

And, for once, the Queen of Wands did not appear, and I miss her ? 

QuestionWhat will coronavirus bring to the United States this week?

Deck used: Thoth

Cards drawn: 7 Cups / 6 Disks / Death / Prince of Cups / Priestess

My readingTo me, these cards indicate a warning against false hope. We must ignore those who will try to minimize the outcome or indicate the worst is over. Success moves closer, but it is too soon to declare victory. Although deaths will continue to mount, we must remember this is a time of great transformation; it is only by going through it — and by confronting its challenges and the strong emotions it gives rise to — that we will be able to access powerful insights into the deeper reality that lies beyond this one. 

This reading seems to highlight, to me, a call to action. We must deepen our intuitive selves and put these skills to use on behalf of the Light.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm still not as fluent in the Thoth as I'd like to be, so I welcome your interpretations :)

gbs, Jeanne Mayell, Pikake and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

I don’t have the Thoth deck, just Rider Waite, so my impressions may reflect that difference, and I’m an extreme novice, besides! 

7 of cups to me means too many choices and none of them emerges as a clear best option, so we dither

6 of discs is either charity in its pure sense or it’s take what you’re given and be grateful, and in this case, I think it’s the latter.

Death could, in this case , be literal. This illness is deadly for thousands.

The dithering of the 7 of cups and the callous disbursement of the take what you’re given of the 6 of discs will lead to more people dying. Or maybe Death signals a turning point. Maybe it signals the end of the dithering and the end of Trump’s sending of crumbs when hospitals need substance. But what does that give way to? 

Prince of cups to me is idealized affection, infatuation, or the notion of “fool me once” as may happen when infatuated? 

The High Priestess is intuition or wisdom.

Could it be the collective’s sense of “fool me once” giving way to greater wisdom for us to press on and find ways around Trump’s games to instead rely on what we know deep down is the right course to take, even if risky with a president who plays favorites and punished those who don’t idolize him?  It could be that it’s the deaths or the portent of the potential deaths that propels is to heed intuition? 

I just went went back and re-read your take and there are a lot of parallels here. At least I’m not way out in left field. 

I’m sure there are others with way more insight than I have shared, but it was fun, anyway! :-) 

Marley, SisterMoon, gbs and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@sistermoon, wow, powerful interpretation.  You read like an oracle speaking. Your choice of cards is also epic. 

Additional thoughts on SisterMoon's Thoth spread: 

The absence of the Queen of Wands.  It is so skillful of you to notice this absence.  She is a powerful protector and knows how to protect.  Being absent, to me means, she had been an illusion of false protection or at best, she was an intention from the top that was not realizing what would be needed. Now as this virus peaks, we see  what is really ruling: 

7 cups, debauch, Queen of wands has been replaced with the 7 of Cups which is about succumbing to extreme sickness. The virus rules, the country is undefended at first. 

This coming week the US collective will be overcome with death and dying, with alarming images of Americans of all ages dying in ventilators, their lungs blocked by spiderwebs of disease, choking in their own phlegm, and their airways strangled.  

Those of us who are really seeing these images can do nothing at first sighting, other than be shocked  at the helplessness of what we had been duped into believing was a strong healthcare system and government.

The false security about our country that came from FDR and his WWII leadership are finally dashed.  This is not  my father's president (FDR).  This is a debauched lazy greedy  reality show charade and the country's strength has gone with it, the formerly powerful health care system is a joke -- ranked 32 in the world. (

(however strength will  soon rise up from local government and people)

The image of Americans succumbing by the thousands (7 of cups) because a malevolent con artist president is the reality now - until the people mobilize.  He had the intel of an advanced enemy and instead of setting up fortifications and digging fox holes, he told his people to just act as if nothing was going to happen.  

6 Disks - Success. Now we rise: People gathering in smaller groups, i.e., individual state governors gathering with their own top staff to purchase equipment on the open market, make decisions on closing businssess, some for better (like NY's Cuomo) and some, like Georgia governor, for worse. 

Local governments are also gathering and helping their people deal with the virus in their localities. Policing the new rules to keep people from gathering on play grounds and trails, and helping people deal with the pandemic. 

Death:  death of people as the death toll rises, and with those deaths, the death of the illusion about the federal government.  As California governor has said, it's now over with the federals government. They will become a nation state. Illinois governor too -- we are now forced to take matters into our own hands because the feds have utterly failed both.   It is the end of an era. 

Prince of Cups. The rise of people giving love, giving their time, donating to the cause, showing that they care. On a chariot, the prince acts independently because government has failed. We rise, we rise, we rise!

Priestess. The moon goddess is in charge now. Along with a super full moon to shine light upon us, she will guide us now. 

@Parizienne 

You read cards extremely well!, not like a novice at all.   It is difficult to read a spread someone else has pulled when you are viewing a different deck. and thus a different set of images Yet you definitely pulled it off!  With your gift of reading cards, I now wonder what you'd get if you went on line and looked at each of the Thoth cards SisterMoon pulled and responded to those images.  Hard to read new cards, but I see  you are gifted. 

Marley, FEBbby23, Jeans3head and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you for that encouragement, Jeanne. ? I feel I’m a novice because it’s always just my cards and me. I don’t ever talk to or read anyone else, so I’m an island and my readings have just been by me for me (but not always about me). I started reading about 15 years ago when I found myself unexpectedly going through a divorce. I was seeing a psychic around that time and decided to try out Tarot myself,with her encouragement, just for some kind of something, in addition to prayer, to hang onto at a time when few things were under my control. It helped a lot. I noticed patterns (the Tower again and again! lol) and learned to read the cards and listen to what they told me. I’m fairly comfortable with the prima facie imagery, but it’s the more subtle things I’m way behind on, like the role of numerals in the cards, the air/water/fire/earth patterns. I’m getting better with noticing repetitive suits. There’s just SO much to think about. And Ive decided not to heed reversals as my psychic friend recommended, but since then, in passing, or reading online, I’m under the impression that’s not correct, to disregard those. Just trying to keep it manageable, I guess. Being kind of ADD, all of that distracts me from a cohesive message sometimes. I also have to consciously try not to let what I know about the question’s context color my interpretation too much. That’s hard sometimes. 

I read your take on Sistermoon’s cards and Wow! It reminds me of teaching and literacy in my classroom. I am like someone who reads just the words, decoding. And you two are seeing well beyond that.  That’ll come with more practice and time, I’m  sure.

Whew. I hope these long posts of mine aren’t too intrusive. I guess I have more to say than I thought! 

Marley, lenor, Lilinoe and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@parizienne Love your posts. Love that you jumped in and read your cards. Want to have a way to show our spreads so we can see the cards, especially when people use a deck I don't usually read. Something I see Sistermoon may be doing and/or something I do that can bring a reader to another level is to step back after you've read the cards as you did, step back and breathe and look at them as a whole, let your eyes take you to certain cards or the colors or something that jumps out at you and then say what you feel. 

lenor, Pikake, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Ok so I have completed my weekly CV reading, as I do every Thursday morning.

Question: What will the coronavirus bring to the United States over the next week?

Deck Used: Thoth

Cards Drawn: Princess of Disks / 10 Swords / Hierophant / Devil / 8 Wands

My reading: This week, the spiritual battle rises to the forefront of our consciousness.

The Princess of Disks indicates that the moment has come when that which has long been developing falls on fertile ground. The coronavirus is the catalyst for this new growth. Something is awakening within us — but what?

The answer comes, I think, from the following three cards, which indicates a battle between our highest and basest selves. This is a battle that will occur on a large scale (i.e., ie between people and ideologies) as well as within each of us. The desire to hold on to old ways of living will be great, but the 10 of Swords indicates old ways of living are gone, for better or worse. 

While this ongoing battle will move to the forefront this week, its outcome will, I think, be positive, as indicated by the 8 of Wands. The battle between high and base, between the old and the new, will culminate in new ideas and solutions.

In short, the seeds that have long been planted are now bearing fruit. The battle that rages will force us to overcome our fixed ideas and give way to new horizons. (These new ideas/solutions could be seen at the end of next week and would fit the timeline indicated by those who see a breakthrough around the 25th of April.)

As always, I welcome your thoughts!

Marley, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@sistermoon I love your reading and interpretation. You have a gift for reading the cards.

I threw the Yes-No Oracle, a handy spread that is good when you have a yes-no question. I don't usually throw this spread, but needed to update an article I wrote about it, so I asked Will the Pandemic Subside Soon?   To do this spread, you take the Fortune Trump card out of the deck and add seven other randomly-drawn cards. Shuffle and then lay out the cards in four piles of two. Complete directions are in this article. The answer is in the quadrant where the Fortune card appears.  I thought it was going to say "Delayed" or "No,"  but it gave me the answer, "SOON!", which I interpreted to mean three to six months. I don't think "subside" means it disappears, but that low to medium risk people can come out of isolation. 

The spread has four quadrants, Yes, Soon, Delayed, and No.  I noticed how much darker the quadrants got where the end would be delayed or not ever subsiding. 

1588091614-yesnooracle-web.jpg

Marley, lenor, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Wow! This is very interesting -- I tend to avoid yes/no spreads, but it will be fun to experiment with this one :)

lenor, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ SisterMoon Glad you like it.  It is a cool spread that I rarely do because I think that yes-no questions are too simplified.  But I actually read it in a more nuanced way.  I look at all of the quadrants and they speak to me.  So when I threw it on the pandemic, I  felt it might be saying that while the Pandemic subsides - probably in about 3 months -- it may come back again later. I noticed how dark the last quadrant looked. Also I didn't like the Fool sitting there like an idiot and acting like, hey, guys, it's all over!  He reminded me of the guy in the White House. 

Marley, CC21, lenor and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Agreed - I tried this spread a few times as an experiment and felt that the surrounding cards are as noteworthy as where Fortune ends up. Definitely more room for interpretation than it might at first appear! Very intriguing.

lenor, Lilinoe, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

I really never before tried in share a reading. Today I asked before shuffling the cards Ö

Question: What is the reason for Corona and what will it lead to?

During shuffling the cards ( using Crowley Tarot), a card fell out , and again ( as happened in a single card reading asking for what is the reason for Corona) CARD XIII , Death was the card that fell out.

It seems the card is the main Corona goal, maybe. Then I changed the question, leaving XIII out and asking : If XIII stand for the spiritual meaning of Corona, what will change?

I used my 12 + 1 spread ( drawing 12 cards, put Death in ( ok weird sentence) and shuffle again.

The place where Death will be in the spread is the Now. Left of it is the past, on the right the future

These are the cards:

Knight of Disks, Wands 5 ( Defeat) , XIII (Death), Wands 9 ( Strength), Prince of Wands, XX ( The Aeon) , Princess of Wands, VI ( The Lovers) , Cups 6 ( Pleasure) , Princess of swords, Wands 3 ( Virtue) , Wands 10 ( Oppression), Princess of Disks.

In "my" way of reading this , I first group teh cards I think belong to each other ( Done above in colours).And I read not purely the meaning of the cards, but what I feel:

Past :

Knight of Disks, Wands 5 ( Defeat) - The world is tired, Knight of disks is looking back , weapon is down, he is done with fighting. Hiding behind his shield. Defeat( a broken mirror to me , at least today) , stand for nature that we damage.

Future:

What is striking is the alrge amount of Wants and spiritual cards ( Wand for me are spiritual and mind)

Wands 9 ( Strength), Prince of Wands, XX ( The Aeon), Princess of Wands= we get the change to grow stronger together, we have 3 x Light or sun and Aeon . It feels as if we get a chance for a new start. Still it will need a global restart, we need to reinvent the way we live. The Strength is in us, but we need to start with ourselves. The Prince and Princess of Wands, both for me power cards, light , sun , energy. The most interesting is AEON, I do not know what the main purpose of the card is. And I am struggling with it, my first thought was we need to wake up the child in us ( I always see the transparent person in the front as child. What I also feel is that we need to get used to that Corona is with us until we change. So it is a warning from the Universe/ earth= Change , use the wisdom of the past mistakes and start new. I really believe that the next warning will be more severe.

VI ( The Lovers) , Cups 6 ( Pleasure)= the out come , love, but more living in love and equally together , with us and the Earth.

Princess of swords, Wands 3 ( Virtue) , Wands 10 ( Oppression) = The warning , If oppression and the princess of the mind ( Swords) will surround the spiritual awaking , we will stay in crisis mode. 

Princess of Disks.= I ahve no clue, first thought was, Economical we will need 18 - 32 months to recover, and the world will see the power shifting. I got Europa ( as in Princess from the Greek Mythologie) standing for ( Do not laugh now :-) ) German Chancellor Merkel and Europe I clearly had these two names. Europe will be the "winner" from the crisis.

I was holding the hands over the cards and this popped in mind, here I just "tune" in to messages that I get from the cards ( Not meaning of the cards):

- Korea , Korea, you will be one around 8 ( 8 = 2024) ( Hand over the lovers)

- Stay away from planes in 2020 ( I believe we will have around 10 - 14 crashes of planes this years, hand over princess of swords)

- Could it be that nor Trump , nor Biden would be president. I do not see on of them. Prince/Princess of wands is the next President . No clue what that means.

- Christmas will have less presents, more fun , more local ( Hand over Cups 6, Pleasure)

- Maybe totally strange: Holding Aeon card in my hands= China will split , New Taiwans, the Giant China will fall but will change to more freedom...

Sorry for the last part, not really reading the card. But that is how I do card reading ( Better Card feeling) . And I am curious what you would read from it :-)

Thanks

TBS

Share, Marley, Snowbird and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@tbs   This may be completely irrelevant and I hesitated to post since it may be nonsense and only indirectly relates to Tarot--- however, what the heck.  

I am not familiar with the Thoth deck.  When you mentioned the "transparent person" whom you see "as a child", it brought back to mind a dream I had last night.  I figured it was just one of those weird "brain sorting out the trash" kind of dreams, but maybe not.

In the dream. I had been given the temporary task of caring for a small person who, for whatever reason could not walk.  I had to carry her.  She would cling to my upraised left forearm with both hands.  In the dream she started out about the size of a human baby but in the end she was like a one-inch long transparent minnow.  She kept losing her balance and falling backward so I kept having to prop her up with my right hand.   At one point she windmilled one her arms back so far in trying to regain her balance that she tore herself in two in the act of falling. I thought she was dead and put the pieces on the ground (by this time she was in the tiny, transparent form).  But then I thought, "Oh, she may be able to put herself back together.  I went away for a minute to do something, and when I returned she was in one piece.  One eye was an "X"-- like the cartoon "X" for a dead fish's eye, but the other eye was winking.  I picked her up and continued to carry her around.  Evidently she could not see because I was describing our surroundings to her.  There was more to the dream but that's the description of the "transparent person" I saw.  

After reading your post, I looked up the "Aeon" card and read that the transparent person on the card is the god Horus in his child form.  I had to look up more about Horus to refresh my memory about his story.  Evidently Horus' father, Osiris, had been torn to pieces by Set, but his wife Isis reassembled him so that he could  father Horus.  And later on Set tore out one of Horus' eyes.  So that was weird-- with the person in my dream being torn apart, reassembled, and having one eye that was an "X".  Just weird.  The person in my dream was unlike Horus in that it was female and more like a fish than the falcon-form of Horus, though.   I have some freaky dreams now and then, and as I said, I think usually it is probably just my hyper brain reorganizing and rebooting itself, but now and again I wonder if there is more to it.  Comments welcome.  

Share, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @tbs

- Maybe totally strange: Holding Aeon card in my hands= China will split ,

That's another synchronicity-- You thought of China splitting while holding the card with the transparent person on it--- I saw the tiny transparent person in my dream split.   again. weird. 

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, tbs and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

@ana What a dream, very cool but also a bit scary. I never was really doing a course in how to use the cards, but remember now the Horus thing for Aeon. Interesting with the Eye. transfer that to China, that could maybe mean that a part  ( I think the east coast will see some cities bundle together to split, with Hongkong in the lead) will be removed..

Very cool and detailed reply, thanks, ( gives me goosebumps:-) )

Iridium, Lilinoe, Iridium and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: