Notifications
Clear all

Tarot and the Administrations

SDJ
(@sdj)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

My husband and I were looking at my new tarot deck today, and I remembered how during the week before 9/11 attacks, I had repeatedly drawn the Tower card. I told him that after the attacks I looked to the cards to see what came next just by using the usual order of the cards. It was the Star, keyword, “Hope.” I now recognize that as the Obama Administration. I have a poster with his face on it and Hope written beneath that. He is definitely a star. So, we laid out the greater arcana in order to see if it was still true - if the next card would still captured the essence of the current administration. The Moon was next. It describes the Trump Administration quite well - the lies, secrets, corruption, deceit, et cetera, all coming up to be exposed. It finally occurred to me that we are where we should be. It felt like a parallel universe in the beginning, but it was just the changing arcana. We needed a thoroughly corrupt President to expose and eliminate the corruption in our government. (For me, that’s McConnell, but maybe he’s not so much corrupt as just doing his job as a Confederate to overthrow democracy and change the constitution so that we become an oligarchy. It’s why he’s there, after all. Kentucky must really hate having a vote. But this is clearly a different topic.) Anyway, maybe Trump really will MAGA just by being so obvious and dumb about being completely and totally corrupt. Mueller is a hero and deserves a medal already. 

Looking ahead to the next Administration, we get the Sun. For the moment, I think of Biden’s sunny smile, but I’m not making a prediction. He does have the best smile, though. After the Sun Administration, we get Judgement (I prefer to call it Adjustment, like in my now ancient Thoth deck. It makes more sense to me like that.) I think the reason why we need to adjust is not because of the wrongs of that future Administration, but because of our collapsing ecosystem. That Administration will have to be nimble, I expect. After that, the World, then begin again. I’m not sure if we get a fool or a charlatan in that new cycle. Does the Fool actually count for anything? I’m not convinced. 

I laid out all the major arcana in order and worked backwards. I found them to align very well with the defining aspects of the past administrations. Here they all are with a slight recap:

Future Elect - The Sun. Looking forward to the inclusivity and celebration of our gathered diversity in this nation based on creed not blood.

Trump - The Moon. Can you believe it? How did this conman ever get into the White House? Doesn’t anyone vet who gets access to our secret information? The daily lies from everyone around him. The lone wolf attacks. Mueller is fishing the most corrupt out of these murky waters. 

Obama - The Star. Yes, he was. The poster with the word HOPE under his image. The hope that we had that we could actually evolve into a better nation. 

Bush, Jr. - The Tower. The twin towers, the wars that followed, the economy crashing. Torture. Dirty bombs. Mercenary armies. Our fall from a moral high ground. Everything you could imagine with the Tower, basically. 

Clinton - The Devil. He was beholden to the Republican Party to make draconian criminal justice reforms. He made that deal to get elected. And then, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” is perfect for the phallic image on the Thoth deck. 

Bush, Sr. - Temperance. The bipartisan gentleman. 

Reagan - Death. The end of prosperity for the middle class. The prospering of James McGill Buchanan’s philosophy in the GOP, and the ensuing empowerment of Oligarchs. The end of that great social experiment, which began in the early part of the century: the edification of the common man. The end of intellectual curiosity and innovation. The Death of the technological and scientific wonder we had been. 

Carter - The Hanged Man. There is a lot I can say here, but one thing that always stood out to me was how seriously he took the science on global warming. Those solar panels on the White House were absolutely a new perspective on energy. Reagan’s Death Administration took them down. 

Ford - Justice. Pardoning Nixon didn’t go over well.  

Nixon - The Wheel of Fortune. Karma. What goes around comes around. That cheating really bit him on the butt. Does anyone even remember the good things he did or is he really just remembered for his sad turn down the wheel?

Johnson - The Hermit. An isolated man. Depending on the deck, Cerberus may be featured there. War is Hell. 

Kennedy - Strength. Khrushchev. Cuban missile crisis. Taking control and taming that beast took some divine, gentle strength. 

Eisenhower - The Chariot. Best remembered for that quick war with Korea. And for being the last decent Republican.

Truman - The Lovers. I think we all know how challenged Truman was by Stalin’s giant mustache and machismo. Man crush! From what I can tell, Stalin did not at all share those fuzzy feelings with his fellow genocidal leader. Oh no! Reverse the card and you get massive disharmony. The seeds of the Cold War. If only FDR hadn’t died just yet, the world would be an entirely different place. Truman made a choice to bomb Japan after they had surrendered. What kind of values are those? Definitely the Lovers reversed.

FD Roosevelt - The Hierophant. Government. A lot of government. And thank God for FDR. 

Just one more to see if it still works...

Hoover - The Emperor. An ambitious life of public service and humanitarian aid, but when it came down to it, his policies could not stop the worsening Depression. So, reverse the card and watch his leadership fail in every important way. Imposed tariffs on imports, which made things much worse. Lost reëlection. Wrote some fearsome books about FDR: The Destroyer of Freedom in his abundant spare time. Cool dam, though. Very strong. 

Are the Republicans all reversed? I’ll have to look into that another time. 

Coyote, mariad, Tiger-n-Owl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Very interesting SDJ.  Thank you for sharing what you did.

SDJ and SDJ reacted
ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Topic starter  

I should probably add that the Hermit’s light may relate to Civil Rights.

ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

Some interesting insights, SDJ. Responding to your comment about Trump and the need for a corrupt president to expose dark inner workings of government, I would also add that Trump is a mirror exposing all of the decay in contemporary American society; our narcissism, idolatry of power and celebrity, the corrupting influence of money, etc. So as much as I hate to watch him speak or read about his antics, I sometimes feel like I have to look this administration square in the eye if I want to become a better person myself (weed out my own character flaws) and help bring about cultural transformation in the years to come.

deetoo, LalaBella, mariad and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Topic starter  

It makes sense to me to not count the Fool. Without it, Taft would be the World (having been both President and Chief Justice), but I will have to see what his admin did to see if it is still true. This would make Teddy Roosevelt Adjustment. He delt with busting up huge corporations and conserving our land. National Parks. I can see the parallel there with the administration that will have to deal with the catastrophes of Climate Change. 

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

I have thrown a number of cards on Tp lately, and it's remarkable that even though the Present indicates that he is showing strength in what he perceives as his 'absolution' and 'exoneration', the Queen of Wands (Pelosi?) is always crossing him...

Also the outcome and the Future is consistently the same... Ace of Cups REVERSED.

One word stands out to me with this card in reverse and it is RESIGNATION... of course, it could mean just his general mood, but also it could be literal.

Of course, everyone has assumed that this could never happen, and that his enormous ego as well as the nefarious powers that prop him up would never succumb to this exit. But it could be an outcome that is still possible given that the Mueller report, when exposed, could force some unexpected events. I have actually foreseen Tp slithering away in past impressions. ???

Baba, SDJ, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Topic starter  

It was suggested to me before TRex Hands took (and simultaneously broke) his oath of office that he would resign, so I have assumed this to be true this entire time. It has kept me calm about his legacy and the duration of this misery. It’s always easier to endure something awful when you know that and when it will end. I got the news here: http://www.vedicnakshatras.com/donald-trump-first-term-astrology.html

ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)
Honorable Member Registered

Posted by: Stargazer

Of course, everyone has assumed that this could never happen, and that his enormous ego as well as the nefarious powers that prop him up would never succumb to this exit. But it could be an outcome that is still possible given that the Mueller report, when exposed, could force some unexpected events. I have actually foreseen Tp slithering away in past impressions. ???

I think at this stage anything's possible. But I was thinking, he's not got that long left in office. By the time the report is released and eveyone's studied it, and then if there's anything incriminating, by the time the dems have got to actually do anything about it quite a few months will have already passed. So it's possible just from a time point of view he'll stick with being President (unless he's impeached which no-one seems to want to do). The Republicans have shown no signs to date of making any move to curb him or get rid of him either, so they'll be quite happy if he stays. He's got away with so much s already and just has cronies in the top positions now. I doubt he'll resign. I reckon he'll be there till the next election... I hope I'll eat my words!:):)

ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Hi, 

I was wondering if there has been any change to people’s prediction that the current pres. won’t be impeached. I threw a few cards and I am not so sure anymore. I chose a card for the pres., one as a yes/no to impeachment, one for Pelosi as the leader of the House  and one for Turtle man as leader of the Senate. I got the following:

Pres. - Ten of Swords - defeat, complete ruin (that card is strikingly bad!)

Question of impeachment or not - Seven of Wands - yes, but not without a fight

Pelosi - The World reversed - roadblocks ahead ?!

Turtle man - Six of Wands reversed - failure or at best empty victory

Please let me know if any of you who are more experienced in tarot see something other than what I got and what you think. 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am still pretty new at this but here it goes.

I asked where are things headed for Trump and got the Fool. ( Well, yes he is and perhaps a new beginning of sorts?)

I drew three card on Adam Shiff, how he has been feeling past present and future.  I drew  the Lovers, the Hermit and 6 of Cups, Pleasure.  I find this interesting because the Lovers card could describe how he works to make agreements.   I was drawn to the light of the Hermit and believe he is a guiding light right now.  Not exactly sure what to make of the 6 of Cups except that it followed the Hermit so if Shiff has be reflecting and shinning a light for people or on things, perhaps it is about being in balance in the future?  He being in balance or things having more balance.    

I also threw 3 cards on Kushner.

Luxury, 2 of Swords (Peace)  and The Lovers.  I am wondering if The Lovers is about an agreement with prosecutors?

I threw 3 on Barr

I got Prince of Cups,  8 of Cups ( Indolence) and 6 of Swords (Science).  I guess Barr will be reflecting a bit before his testimony?

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Baba, I don't know if I can add anything, but you did inspire me to try a few on my own.

Baba and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)
Honorable Member Participant

Lunatic : From late latin lunaticus "moonstruck" 

Quite a hit...

ReplyQuote
Share: