Notifications
Clear all

Looking for interpretation suggestions

(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl Thank you so much for the encouragement! Agree very much with your "infants" perspective, and I try to keep in mind these moments of spiritual awareness that I have experienced several times in my life in which I realized that things that I thought were major problems were actually small and didn't matter like I believed. Kind of like when you're suddenly thrown into a serious life crisis or someone you love dies and you're like man, and there I was all upset about xxx, which is nothing by comparison. 

ghandigirl, deetoo, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@ana I like your and @Stargazer's interpretations. 

I wonder if time in a receptive/meditative space might be helpful to then allow for clarity of your feelings and vision to help you know which direction to pursue. I think of that Ace of cups & if the water was murky or clouded we wouldn't know what was inspiring us--kind of like the glitter jar meditation in which the jar is opaque while the glitter is agitated and swirling, but after time for everything to settle, it becomes clear. Believe me, I know so well how difficult it is to deal with confusion! I'm a restless mess when I don't know what I want. But I guess I've learned that it is worthwhile to practice patience and life has a way of unfolding in its time. Hope clarity and opportunity come to you soon! 

BlueBelle, Stargazer, Iridium and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

I just threw a tarot card reading. I asked about George Floyd. I drew the Justice card. I also drew a lot of positive cards , the Lovers, The Empress, the King of Wands, and the King of Swords. Those cards were in reference to my life. 

All upright cards. The past was represented by the King of Swords and The Moon. 

The present was represented by the studious eight of pentacles, and the King of Wands, also me as the Empress. The Future represented by the Ace of Wands. 

Very positive feeling cards. We are turning a corner, and if we collectively are not, then I am.

BlueBelle, herondreams, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@ghandigirl

This is very interesting to me because I pulled three cards tonight asking about how our country will handle the next few months (thinking of the George Floyd situation and also still with COVID in the back of my mind.) For some background, I am new to tarot and am currently taking @jeanne-mayell Intuitive Way class where we are learning tarot. I am curious to hear what others thing of the cards I drew (this is the Thoth deck):

The Devil, Death, Swiftness (8)

Obviously, the first two cards are pretty heavy, but are reflecting the current situation. I read the description of the cards and the ideas that popped out at me were confrontation (devil), ending/transformation (death) and coming full circle (the 8)

I am interpreting this as the intense period of confrontation will continue for a bit, but will come to some sort of transformative end (so your note above about turning a corner struck me.) I am not as familiar with the pip cards, but just the term “swiftness” and the positive nature of the 8 certainly gave me hope that we will indeed be turning a corner relatively soon. Thoughts?

ghandigirl, BlueBelle, Seeker4 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

My interpretations:

@herondreams

For Keeper of Challenges / King of Swords: Live your truth. Speak your truth. Grow/evolve into your truest self. Reach within yourself with authority and recognize your truth, then step into it and live it.

@rowsella

Moon: In the background, over time, you've been toiling away quietly, taking classes and studying in order to reach a specific career goal. In addition, at work, much is being kept hidden from you and your coworkers, namely, plans and ideas (largely reactionary and oriented towards self-preservation) from the higher-ups.

3 of Swords: There is heartache because the reality of what is happening is not what you've been working towards, preparing yourself for, or studying for.

Sun: Whichever direction you choose to go, you will light the way and create your happiness.

@Ana

5 of Cups: Despite what you've achieved in life, you feel a sense of loss that comes from feeling that you're not living up to your potential or being involved in something that brings you a greater sense of purpose and joy. 

Ace of Swords Reversed: Rethink your ideas. Reach within yourself for greater clarity.

Ace of Cups: An abundance of opportunities, options, and possibilities. These exist for you.

Page of Swords Reversed: Express yourself. Do not be afraid to communicate to yourself and to those around you what you really want out of life. Follow-up with action.

Stargazer, Seeker4, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

I am very much an amateur to both visioning and Tarot.  So, here goes.  I got a strong image during meditation of Trump seated on the ground out in the country, ropes tying him to a fence pole.  He was dressed in golf attire: white shirt with red hat.  A white cloth was tied around his head (reminded me of Rev. War paintings with white cloth around heads of injured soldiers). The day was sunny/clear and he sat in TOTAL isolation.  I interpreted the image simply to mean that his power to do evil would be bound, and in the end he would be alone.  SO, I then ask for a Tarot Card to expand on the vision and drew ART XIV (Trumps).  Here's where my amateur skills really kick in because I felt I possibly was trying too hard.  I would love a critique if any of you busy people have time.  My reading: Different races fully integrated and working together on a solution. Two blades above ready to cut through the webs he has woven.  In the pot the solution to clear the webs Trump has woven.  The eagle is enraged at what he has done to our country.  However, with the races coming together healing is taking place and the raven/skull suggest that rebirth emerges from death.  The integration of fire and water create steam that is both energizing and cleansing.  A rainbow (all races) wraps the two together suggesting that with Trump's hatred now bound, the races will come together.  DuQuette's (p. 36) says: Original title of the ART card was: The Daughter of the Reconcilers and the Bringer forth of Life. I guess I'm wondering if I went too far with it based on what I would so love to see happen here.  Thoughts?

Lilinoe, BlueBelle, Pikake and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

@stargazer

I know your reply about letting go and letting Spirit fill the void was meant for @Rowsella, but your words really spoke to me with some things at am struggling with.

Maybe I should try throwing some cards for my issue... Too late right now. Maybe in the AM. 

Thank you! 

FEBbby23, Stargazer, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I was experimenting with a Yes/No spread for Jeanne's class and wanted to get some feedback on interpreting this. I sent to Jeanne, too, but figured it might be helpful to post here as well.

I went with the yes/no quadrant spread that is described in the book we use for class (Top Left quadrant is YES, Top Right quadrant is SOON, Bottom Left quadrant is MAYBE and Lower Right quadrant is No; but also the cards vertically from left to right are Yes (cards 1 and 5), Soon (cards 2 and 6), Maybe (cards 3 and 7) and No (cards 4 and 8), but I am unsure exactly how to read?

My question was: will school be starting back in-person (in some way, at least) this fall?

From what I read in the book, it seems like the quadrant where the wheel of fortune falls is the “answer”. If so, the wheel falls in the No here, correct?

But the overall spread seems to be of more positive cards, so maybe it reads that there will be new (The Fool) solutions that will be a move in a positive direction of new growth for education?

Thoughts?

Stargazer, ghandigirl, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I decided to use my new deck and throw a three card spread for Trump.

This deck is perfect for me as it has the meanings on the card. Helps with the ADHD.

First Card- High Priestess- Feels like prominent Democratic women , Nancy Pelosi, AOC, RBG and the women who are being considered for VP. News cycle becomes dominated by women.

Second- Wheel of Fortune-We are coming to a phase of completion, as is Trump. he is near the end.

Third: 10 of Swords- Defeat, death, end of situation or relationship. I feel that he may already have the virus or will contract it soon. I have been feeling this for a while now.  I don't see him surviving but it could be metaphorical...

Alternate Interpretations welcome.

1596224097-WIN_20200731_15_23_45_Pro-2.jpg

Seeker4, Snowbird, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

I think you nailed it.

The High Priestess can be seen as a woman who has something to reveal. A woman, perhaps Biden's VP pick, has something special to reveal about Trump.

Amyv, Seeker4, Amyv and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@cc21  The likelihood of going back to school in person is low so NO is probably correct.  The YES quadrant suggested to me that it would happen eventually.  I felt that the idea of new solutions MAYBE as you suggested seemed right--experimental solutions might come and go "as we learn?"  

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

These cards literally jumped out of the deck. They fell in various combinations, face up, face down, two together. Not sure what I was thinking at the moment.  They fell rather forcefully.  These definitions are from my new beginner's deck. Great for the ADHD, not having to look cards up. They are printed right on the front face of the cards.

CARD 1: THE HERMIT- Loneliness, unattached, soul-searching, time needed or time alone. 

CARD 2: 3 of SWORDS- Deception, frustration, jealousy, broken heart.

CARD 3: THE HIGH PRIESTESS- Highest card in the tarot deck, very powerful, good or bad secrets to be revealed.

CARD 4: 4 of PENTACLES- Money Improvements, more coming your way.

CARD 5: 7 of WANDS- Frustrations, you are able to overcome your frustration, you are on top of the situation.

1597847597-WIN_20200819_10_22_18_Pro.jpg

FEBbby23 and FEBbby23 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@ghandigirl

What was the focus of the reading? Or rather, what question did you ask?

Edited to add - I see you didn't really have anything in mind.

With that said, I might interpret these cards as saying you have recently been feeling isolated (Hermit) and sorrowful (3 of Swords). Turning inward (High Priestess) will help overcome these negative emotions. You already have what you need physically (4 of Pentacles). At any rate, bravery and courage (7 of Wands) will be needed to overcome these feelings of isolation and sorrow, but it will be possible to overcome them with some effort.

Interesting to see how others would interpret them :)

ghandigirl, Snowbird, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I'd say that your interpretation is pretty much on point. Unfortunately. 

ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl @sistermoon, thank you for the opportunity to practice my Tarot. I feel that both the Hermit and the High Priestess are emphasizing introspection, but after enduring heartbreak (3 of Swords), the High Priestess is offering you a gift that comes out of your pain and introspection. You move forward with that gift, despite some material insecurity (4 of Pentacles) and the need to defend yourself (Seven of Wands).

Stay safe and take care.

ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

This morning I did a tarot reading asking: "How much do I need to worry about what will happen after the election?" 

Using the Thoth, I pulled: Queen of Disks, Magus, Knight of Wands, Knight of Cups, Ace of Wands

Regarding the Queen of Disks in the first position; she is facing away from the Magus and seems to be ignoring the entire situation. The pessimist in me feels perhaps she is Nancy Pelosi, whom I have already criticized for not doing enough to stop this administration. I know others here disagree with me, so I won't belabor the point again, but basically I feel she only pays lip service to opposing Trump while turning a blind eye to him. Either way, the Queen of Disks is no great help here, as far as I'm concerned. (Thus I do not view the QoD as Kamala.)

As for the rest of the cards, I generally liken the Knight of Wands to Trump due to the fiery orange factor. I am not sure I like how the the KoW points to the Magus. I take this to mean Trump is able to manifest his own reality with his powerful will. That to me isn't great, but it's not new information, really.

The Knight of Cups I take to be Biden, due to his high empathy. Of course, blue represents the Democratic Party as well. I like that the KoC seems to be pouring water on the Ace of Wands, perhaps symbolizing his "putting out" Trump's bid for a second term.

Thus, I suppose the reading is an overall positive one, yet my foreboding remains. I'd be interested to hear what others think about these cards and how they answer the original question regarding what happens after the election.

Marley, lenor, Share and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

OMG wow what a brain fart I had, and now it's too late to edit the post. I just realized it was NOT the Magus in the second position, but the Fool. Interesting that I read it as the Magus; I still think the rest applies, though, as the KoW = Trump and the fact that he points to the Fool is, well, telling.

Marley, lenor, Share and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

Great cards, @sistermoon. I might add the following: The Queen of Disks (AKA Pentacles) is a lover of luxury and can be either selfish or generous. In turning away from the Fool, she may indicate his big donors are turning away, which would be a big deal (lets keep our fingers crossed). T is of course, a Fool in the worst possible sense. I feel the Knight of Wands represents those who are putting wonderful and creative new plans into action; the Knight of Cups represents an upsurge of idealism, and the Ace of Wands represents the spark of inspiration for everything good we have been waiting for.

Marley, lenor, Share and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

@sistermoon I wonder if if the Queen of Discs is Melania turning away from her fool of a husband? Knights of wands and cups, does she have a couple of side dishes, I wonder?

Marley, polarberry, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

@sistermoon

I did a tarot spread about the election too (and I'm usually pretty right on) and my spread was positive for us and terrible for Trump. It's also coming to pass so far. I had the Sun + Death for him halfway through and well, we're seeing things come into the sunlight that are really messing with his reelection chances. If my spread keeps playing out, he's toast and potentially a flight risk.

So please take heart in your positive spread.

polarberry, ghandigirl, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: