Notifications
Clear all

Looking for interpretation suggestions

(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

So I'm feeling selfish about posting this when so many significant & deeply upsetting things are going on in the world! But I very much value the wisdom and insight expressed here, and the issue I'm reading is timely.

First, I bought my first tarot deck (Rider) at age 17, and during my college years I was VERY into giving readings. After college I shifted from an intuitive to an overly analytical mind space (grad school) and my readings suffered and my interests drifted. Over the years, I picked up the cards & tried new decks here & there, but was still analyzing/thinking too much and wouldn't read for others. Some wonderful conversations about tarot here inspired me and I shopped for a new deck that arrived last week: The Forest of Enchantment Tarot.

I've been doing simple three-card readings as a contemplative exercise to get back in the groove with tarot and acquainted with this new deck. Yesterday's reading had more urgency because of a job opportunity that I am uncertain and conflicted about pursuing. One of my goals is to see if I can use tarot to help me tune into advice from my spirit guides. Often I feel like they are with me, shouting but my ears are stuffed with cotton. My process has been to meditate for at least five minutes, aiming to get mindful and relaxed and open. Then I shuffle and lay three cards with no particular significance assigned to position, and only asking for what I should consider or focus on right now. So I'm not trying to make predictions but instead be open to messages from spirit.

Here is what I got yesterday, followed by my interpretation and the context. I'd love and deeply appreciate any insight you can share!

The cards were:

Weaver of boons (queen of pentacles), Keeper of spells (King of wands), and Keeper of challenges (King of swords). Notably, the Keeper of Spells also showed up the day before.

Background: I teach part time at a state university. For the past two+ years, I've been working on a book manuscript, and the first draft is nearly complete. My goal was to finish and revise the draft this summer and have it ready to send to agents/publishers before I got immersed in teaching again. This summer I'm also taking part in a first-year student experience pilot aimed to help students succeed, so that is diverting some of my energy, but not too much. Then Wednesday evening there was an email with an opportunity for part-time work as a Student Success Coach--right up my alley, but it would mean commitment to training and work all summer and through the fall semester. I'm deeply conflicted about applying for this position, and even had nightmares that night over it! The application is due 6/1 and the job starts next week, so I have very little time to make up my mind.

This morning I felt my dreams put those cards into perspective for me--at least two of them:

Weaver of Boons (queen of pentacles): I identify this card with the nurturer in me--the part of me that is motivated to teach out of love and a desire for service, to help people grow and find themselves and their ability and power. I also associate it with my "Work" at home: caring for my son and husband and my domestic duties. Because I am part-time, I do more of this than my husband, who works full time. I've been anxious about how we'd sort out these responsibilities if I were to work outside the home full time. 

Keeper of Spells (king of wands): This one I associate with my creative drive and the need I feel to write and complete my project (and start the next one that is waiting in the wings). Note the spiral of fire at his heart! When I think of abandoning my writing, I see a pale hand reaching in to grab my heart and yank it out and crush it into dust. Dramatic, I know, but I had been brewing ideas for decades and finally found "the one" and was able to make so much progress! Notably, the Keeper of Spells also showed up the day before, so he's trying to tell me something.

So I see here my tension between where & how to invest my energy. And from experience I know my energy is quite limited. With so many of you being highly empathetic and sensitive, you may be like me in your need for solitary time to just "be" in order to center yourselves to keep up with regular life. I'm not someone who can just do all the things and keep going! Recovery time is essential to keep me able to serve and be available and actively loving to others. I try to make time for writing every semester, but get little to no work done; teaching consumes a great deal of my thoughts and energy!

As for Keeper of Challenges (king of swords): I'm not so sure what message is offered here. A need for self-discipline? To be objective and impartial as I make my decision? Make a spreadsheet with pros & cons? Argh. Not an energy I resonate with as much. My husband noted how old he looked and said it might be a reminder that life is short. But what do I do with that? Would love to know what others think about this one, and any insight you may have to share.

It is also interesting to me that with this contemplative practice I've been getting mostly court cards because these were always the hardest for me in the past. Much gratitude to you for reading this and for helping me better understand this reading and to learn more about the cards. ❤️ 

1590768744-tarot.jpg

lenor, Marley, Snowbird and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@herondreams

I feel like you are being presented with an abundance of opportunities (Weaver of Boons).  In order to make the best decision the Keeper of Spells is telling you to follow your heart and not to just go with what you feel obligated to do.  The Keeper of Challenges kind of speaks for itself. Doing something that you consider selfish goes against your grain.  The challenge is to stop "judging the perceived morality" of the different options and simply flow and let your heart guide you.

Marley, Sophie, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

@frank

Wow Frank. That is a very interesting reading. You are so intuitive. 

@herondreams

Don't feel selfish. it was good to have something interesting to read after all the terrible news. 

Sophie, Unk p, herondreams and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@herondreams

From what I've understood, it seems like you are not in financial straits and don't really need this job offer for financial reasons. My intuitive sense when I read about your situation is that taking up this new part-time job will sap you of your energy and take away from your pleasure. True, you could help a few students out as a student success coach, but there are possibly dozens of other willing individuals who have the energy for that work. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with setting some boundaries for nourishing yourself.

The Keeper of Challenges reminds me of the wise warrior who uses discretion when picking his battles. 

lenor, herondreams, Sophie and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@coyote & Frank

Yes, great insight on this ...

As empaths we must choose our battles wisely. And herondreams, I love your new 'Forest of Enchantment' deck....?

lenor, herondreams, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@dhyanaji i wasn't sure if she meant Mr. Herondreams thought of himself as looking old, or if he meant the King of Swords was looking old.  After seeing the cards, i am guessing the latter?

herondreams, Lilinoe, herondreams and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lilinoe)
Reputable Member Registered

@herondreams I believe you answered your quandary in your post: "When I think of abandoning my writing, I see a pale hand reaching in to grab my heart and yank it out and crush it into dust." Wow! Those are pretty strong words. Maybe the universe gave you this choice so you can know what it is you really want at this point in your life. It seems like you do know. May you have sweet dreams.

lenor, Laynara, herondreams and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

Hi, I wonder about some tarot cards I pulled. My question was about my job--whether and when I should start looking for a new one. I am a nurse that works in a hospital. Because of Covid, they have decreased our staff to save expense on the patient care floors. As a result lots of nurses are resigning in protest or calling in together and they have called back some of the people on furloughs but not all. The administration has decided they are having a Covid surge crisis and plan to float or basically force previously floor trained nurses that work in other areas to solve their staffing problems. We are really not surging (only about 30 patients - one in ICU, over half of them are nursing home patients that don't even really qualify as acute care patients). I am livid as this is entirely self inflicted staffing problem, they made these decisions without staff input (shared governance my ass!). The morale is the lowest I have ever seen --this corporation that took over my hospital has just destroyed it. So I am not happy about this development since I transferred over a year ago to a different area as the acuity and pace had become too intense for me.

So the cards I pulled were The Moon, 3 of Swords, The Sun (in that order).

I have 2 classes starting soon that will fulfill my 4 year degree requirements. I have held off applying for reimbursement as contract obligates me to 2000 more hours of service. I am already under the last contract for service from the class I was reimbursed for last January. My hours were cut quite severely during the Covid shut down so I am behind in them so I did not want to incur more.

Anyway, my very basic interpretation is 

The Moon-- what was familiar had secret plans that I suspicions of -- not as it seemed.

The 3 of Swords--current-- treachery, betrayal of the agreements we had working together/our mission.  I am thinking the present is the Covid crisis and for the places that are hiring now, I really cannot trust any employment contract. Three swords...make the changes in  3 months? (my degree will be satisfied at the end of August).

The Sun-- new job situation will be better and I will be happy with it.

I am in a 9 year which is a year of finishing things/completion and I am using that energy to complete my degree and other projects I have started. 
Do you think this is a reasonable reading?

lenor, Marley, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@rowsella

You are very strong, and I feel very dedicated to being a healer through your admirable work.

The cards that you indicate sound like a past/present/future layout, and you intuited them very well...

The Moon indicates things below the surface, what is mysterious or hidden, the subconscious... not necessarily a negative, but as you saw in the context it represents secrets and and confusion, deception. Really difficult to deal with as you are emotionally invested and strive to be a nurturing, healing and supportive influence ...

The present card, 3 Swords indicates the alienation and pain this has caused you and the swords can mean a cutting of ties... you are ready to transition to a better place even though it might be difficult... this feels to me like a warning as well, so maybe your safety is in jeopardy.

The Sun in the future position is really encouraging as it promises happiness and success... it is one of the best to come up in future position and indicates your decision will be the perfect outcome for you... and it's a strong sign of good health and support from your surroundings...

Thank you for all that you do ?

lenor, Parizienne, Marley and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@frank @coyote @dhyanaji @Lilinoe and everyone, I very much appreciate your insightful and caring replies!

And I agree that although my interest and desire to work to help students as a coach in that job didn't come across well in my post, there is also some serious "should" weighing on that scale, as in "I'm getting up toward 50 and I should make more money, get health care, etc." But I guess I want it on my terms--when I am done with my book project and can feel less conflicted about it. 

Thank you all so much.

lenor, Marley, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@rowsella

First, big love to nurses! ❤️ 

I wish I could offer you more depth, interpretation-wise, but I'm only getting back into tarot. But I want to echo Stargazer about that Sun card--I also think it signals that you will feel very clear about your decision when the time is right. There obviously is some confusion and emotional conflict now, but you will make the right call. If there is no rush, maybe wait for the clouds to disperse a bit. Best wishes!

lenor, Marley, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@herondreams

50 years. I am now 57. And I got tot tell you , my life looks very different and I set my own hours and do my own thing. Highly recommend at any age.

The older I get the more I have a deep knowing that I create my circumstances through my beliefs. I attracted the kind of work best suited to me. It took a series of not great situations . Sometimes knowing what you DON'T want is even more useful in attracting what you DO want..

and  don't "should" all over yourself. Just let it flow. I get a calm feeling thinking of the heron very close to my home.   I get a calm settled feeling when I connect to your energy. You are on the right path, I think. 

Think, in the scheme of the ages of the earth, we are infants. :)

lenor, herondreams, Marley and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

@stargazer

Thank you for your validation. I felt torn when I received messages asking for help. Part of me really wants to help my coworkers and patients but I feel like caving and giving up my weekend would just make it more convenient for administration. Making it easy for them to short staff us as a matter of course is not what I want to do. I want them to restore our staffing ratios and enabling them to keep them as they are is like crossing a picket line. I will go when I have no choice but not before. More nurses will quit. I have received some discounts on my tuition because of where I work. My classes don't start until July. Any time after they start, I can look for work elsewhere. But this corona thing has basically stopped the hiring and orientation processes at the hospitals. The people who work in HR are all working from home. As a matter of fact the majority of our HR (benefits etc.) are being "centralized" into another state so many of those people are being laid off. But we are reopening slowly. The thing is, in this environment, my dept is currently overstaffed and I feel I am at risk for being involuntarily transferred. Like they are going to tell me if I refuse, there is no job for me. The worst that can happen is that I will be backcharged the money for my last class--about $1500 (and of course, be out of a job). That is where I feel that Moon card/3 of Swords. I just know that even though I am an experienced nurse, there is no way I can keep track of and juggle 9-10 patients.

Marley, Stargazer, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

I never felt like I had much luck with Tarot.  But you all inspired me to pull out my Rider-Waite deck, which hasn't seen the light of day in years.

My main concern is that I do not feel like I am living up to my potential, but I do not know how to get un-stuck.  I have a comfortable life but for a long time I've known I should be doing more.  I just don't know what, or by what outlet.  I keep waiting for some opportunity to manifest itself but it does not.   

So I asked the Tarot what I ought to be focusing on for the next six months in order to fulfill my highest and best purpose.  I got:

1) Five of Cups  (I think that is self explanatory for the basis of the question:  Time and energy have been wasted (the spilled goblets).  There is disappointment, but there are still opportunities (the remaining full goblets) )

2) Ace of Swords REVERSED. ( I had to look up the meaning of that card-- most interps say it means a person is not speaking up or communicating properly.  I can see that in my present. )

3)Ace of Cups.  (Nice card to get if it represents the future!  The usual interp is that creativity and intuition come to the forefront.  )

I then asked for clarification : What should I best focus on to get to the "Ace of Cups" state?

Answer : Page of Swords, REVERSED  (I had to look that one up, too.  One interp was "You have lots of energy and curiosity, but right now it’s not really directed at anything. With no outlet, it seems like you can’t quite make up your mind about what it is you actually want to do for your future."   That is a great description of the "now" but does not really help me--I already know that. )

Any comments?  

Stargazer and Stargazer reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowsella)
Noble Member Registered

@herondreams

Thank you for your encouragement.

I totally understand your conflict, I turn 55 this summer. Part of me was desiring to try intensive care but at the same time, I wonder if that is too great a challenge at my age. It is harder for me to learn things on the fly like I used to. I tend to need a bit more time to digest things now and competing stressors (the curse of "multi-tasking) are corrosive to both my memory and intuition. Like you, I have some things I feel I need to finish and I also think I need to get the financial parts of my life tied up (like pay off some debt and get some renovations completed at my home--all need $$).

herondreams, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@rowsella

It seems that things get really negative before a big change, and it's the Universe's way of helping us to proceed through transformation to grow into that place where we are happy and fulfilled.

Your multi-tasking (wow) is awesome, though all the political entanglements with the corporate infrastructure of the hospital is appearing to drain you .... and causing you much stress as you are weighing all your options too.

I am just wondering where is your time for you in all of this? Sometimes we just have to rely on Spirit and tune into our Intution to find balance within, you know, let it flow from within, completely let go and sit with it.... the answers come in much more clearly I've found.

This Sun card as your future focus is good to meditate on, and consider what is blocking your happiness and abundance from manifesting ....

I see it as sort of like this ... if one is in a miserable relationship that is causing alot of stress,and you are  feeling stuck like a catch-22, the really good relationship that you know you deserve can't manifest because you are l filled up with the bad one and can't let go ...

Letting go seems to be the key.... Spirit always fills the void and leads us toward us our happiness (even tho we dig in our heels and get dragged there sometimes, like me lols)

I really see something new and gratifying coming in for you... hope it's a smooth transition Rowsella ...you deserve it ?

Parizienne, Marley, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@ghandigirl what you're saying resonates and is so true.

We can change our own course. If you're not happy, change your life. Not many people do out of fear or the obstacles, but we can always do so;-)

ghandigirl, deetoo, Frank and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@ana

How cool that the Ace of Cups came up for you ... this is my favorite card of all, and I would say that it represents your highest aspiration as spiritually and on the physical plane ... complete fulfillment. Not a bad thing to aspire to!

With the 5 of Cups indicating that you are leaving the past behind, but not without some disillusion, and the Swords coming into play reversed, you are really transitioning toward that fulfillment.

It seems contrary, but sometimes we must find a way to cut the cords that are binding our wings and the courage to step out of our fears to go forward on the journey toward that happiness.(Ace & Page of Swords reversed).

There may be some anger issues from the past that have caused you depression and anxiety? And a feeling of not being prepared to accept that Cup that's being offered from Spirit....

Stay open and be kind to yourself... it's good to visualize what that Cup may hold for you as you go through those doors and reach for those stars.....

With love ?

Lilinoe, deetoo, herondreams and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@stargazer

Woo, you got it right off-- my therapist would give you a high-five.:  I have a lot of repressed anger stemming from a childhood of not being heard and expecting to have my "head bit off" if I expressed an opinion.  The repressed anger leads to frustration which leads to anxiety and depression. I have been working on all these things most of my life (first on my own, then later with therapy etc.)  Still, I have a ways to go and I really wish a door would open up with a voice saying, "Here's your thing,  go do it." 

Thanks SO much for your interpretation.     

BlueBelle, Grace, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@ana

Thank you (((ana)))...

Keep contemplating that beautiful Ace of Cups... ?

Lilinoe, Iridium, herondreams and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: