Notifications
Clear all

Cards Having a Life of Their Own or Jumping out of the Deck

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell, I think for me it's a matter of working with my non-dominant hand (right), rather than it being left versus right brain.  Having said that, I have pulled cards with either hand and haven't felt a difference.  What I generally feel is a pull or twinge over my left eye when I am choosing a card.

But it seems to make a difference when I draw or write; i.e., if I want to get out of my stuck analytical mind, I'll switch to my non-dominant hand. 

TriciaCT, Seeker4, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Also once you develop a habit that convinces you that it's the right way to do it, your intuition is likely to kick in whether you use right or left.

This was what did it for me. I tried sooo many methods of shuffling and card selection. Watched people online, saw what they did. Nothing "felt" right. 

Finally I "discovered" my own method of shuffling and drawing and, while it's a bit more time consuming than what most people do, it feels "right" to me and I am more confident in the cards I draw as a result.

lenor, Stargazer, Share and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

Well, this just happened this afternoon... came upstairs to find 5 tarot face side down under my footstool. I was sitting there last night for the meditation. I pulled cards earlier yesterday I believe. Well, here’s what appeared... XIX The Sun — 1 Ace of Wands — 10 Satiety — IX The Hermit (& today is a 9 day—brings about completion!) — 2 Change ?

Vesta, CC21, Seeker4 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@earthangel Yes! Love those cards. And you got them spot on.

Vesta, Share, earthangel and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

And I was in and out of the bedroom all morning. Never saw them and I’m careful w and considerate of my cards. But there they were... waiting to reassure me/us ? Very cool! 

Vesta, Share, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@earthangel

Love it! I also got The Hermit and 2 Change today. :)

Vesta, Share, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: