Clear all

Astrology in Tarot cards

1 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I've noticed that a number of Tarot cards have astrological symbols in them, and I'd love to know what other people think about this.

I've seen a list of Tarot cards that go with signs of the Zodiac, but I found it puzzling. Cancer went with the Chariot, and I thought that was pretty odd. Surely Cancer went with the Moon? The card even has a crab on it! Not to mention that the Moon has always been said to rule Cancer. But then, this list had the Moon card going with Pisces. True, the Moon is a watery card, but there are others. What about the Star? But this list had the Star for Aquarius. It looks like a good fit, until you remember that there is another card that looks a lot more like Aquarius - Temperance! And what sign does the list have for Temperance? Sagittarius. Can't figure out why. Sagittarius, if anything, looks to me like it might go with the Lovers - at least the versions of the Lovers with Cupid in it. But this list had the Lovers as Gemini. That seems sensible, until you remember that the Sun card, in many decks, has twins in it.

So my question is - is there a widely recognized correspondence between Tarot cards and signs of the Zodiac, or is it more like each astrologer and each deck have their own views on it?

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: