Clear all

random questions about all kinds of things

80 Posts
29 Users
308 Likes
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

For example,  what is Phosphene?     It is not listed on the Periodic Table, but the word means something about light, that is seen, beyond the eyes(?)   Usually described as electric purple and day-glo green changing cloud-type formations that appear just before sleep.  Anyone heard  or seen  of this?  

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)
Honorable Member Participant

Phosphine is a gas that can self-ignite . Its main component is phosphorous which can be found in the periodic table . It can be produced by the decay of bones and is related to cemetery fires and ghost stories .

Phosphenes are the lights you see when your eyes are closed after you scratch them . I have seen phosphenes many times .

Wikipedia articles are quite good about these subjects.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Unk p,

My understanding is that it is involved in the colors and floating sparks, stars, or streaks we see when we close our eyes or more commonly occur in older people as the vitreous fluid breaks down and we have more and more floaters.

At one time during the "New Age" movement it was linked to trance or shamanic experiences and even used to explain early cave drawing swirls or lightning flash designs and in indigenous cultures when shamans drank, ate, or smoked hallucinatory substances as part of their own journey through the cosmos.

We are all drawn to many of the symbols we can "see" with our inner eye so it'd be interesting to learn more, if anyone else here knows about the metaphysical as opposed to the simple medical/physical aspect of floaters and nerves sparking!

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

UnkP, what was the context that got you to ask this question?  

Was it something one of us referred to here? If yes, then am curious where we said it.     My first thought was that I'd made a typo in posting the name Percephone, the Goddess of Spring.

If not from here, then I am kind of thrilled that you decided to bring your question to us.  Feels like we are a family. :-) 

Laynara, BlueBelle, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

Thank you, Jeanne, Michele, and Thebeast , for your responses.

i don't remember where i was reading about Phosphene- it was some other site- but what i found interesting was that people where describing it the same way that i see it.  I often have trouble falling to sleep at a reasonable hour, laying there for a long time with my eyes shut.  But as soon as the green and purple electric clouds start forming, I know sleep is almost there, and i find it comforting.  So i was just curious if the other members of this family experience this as well, or had thoughts on it.          peace & love to you all

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Phosphenes ... ! I've seen those flashes of light and patterns behind my eyelids my entire life and have always wondered why and what they are. Thank you for a new rabbit hole of research to go down today! :)

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

I don't think there is a simple explanation for this phenomena, at least for me.  I had a strange experience years ago when I was on antidepressants.  I woke up early in the morning while it was still pitch dark.  I tried to go back to sleep.  I saw strange rainbow colored line patterns forming geometric maze like patterns...I thought to myself, "what a weird side effect for an antidepressant to have".  I had a couple more experiences similar.  The patterns could still be seen after I opened my eyes faintly.  Then I got off medication and the phenomena went away.  Years later I started to have the white light flashes some nights before falling a sleep.  I noticed that there seemed to be a pattern of the light flashes only happening those nights after I had spent some time reading or studying spiritual material.  Then fast forward to now--I have the clouds you speak of off and on but sometimes there are patterns of geometric or intricate drawings related to my recent thoughts or soon to be future thoughts.  Then one day I talked to a psychic and asked spirit about the clouds and dots and patterns.  I was told I am just seeing the spirit world, which is energy.  Then  I was told that I would have a period of experiencing "colored lightning".  What happened was the intricate light patterns would flash quickly in a repetitive way, each flash might change the color or the pattern in some way.  I haven't had the flashing lately.   Most of the time I just get the colored clouds moving or clouds with dots interspersed in different patterns.  I also enjoy it when it happens.  It feels magical.

Jeanne Mayell, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Me, too.  Mine are not preceded by flashes of light or rainbows.  They are presented within successive frames of intricate patterns in neon colors.  Sometimes in the past, the frames were presented in rapid succession; sometimes distinct symbols, like hieroglyphics, on transparent colored sheets.  I experienced profound joy when dreaming of playing a whirling instrument that produced color, like music, last year.  Last night, just two frames of different intricate patterns.  I also considered the cause being antidepressants and nicotine, but also came to the same conclusion; that it's some sort of tuning into a different wave length or messaging language that I can't decipher within my physical body with my mind on this plane.  About a month ago, had a dream/vision of a left hand pulling itself from light coming from the earth along the Mississippi River between the Iowa border with Missouri and about Hannibal, Missouri.  Then sewed up the earth like surgery on a body along the earth to St. Louis.  Previously, I'd been worrying about earthquakes and water contamination by pipelines on Missouri River right under Iowa border but on the western side of the state.  Don't know what it all means, but it's okay.  Just feels like tuning into something very spiritual beyond my capacity to understand in my present body and mind.  Guess we're blessed, Starpath. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Hmmm.  I think there is someone on this site who is extremely talented at projecting images.  I took this psychic development course more than two decades ago, and we practiced sending and receiving.  I wasn't any good at sending, but I received images from two people, one of whom passed and the other lives in India.  Since I posted this, I received at least two images and at least one repeated.  One was of a picture of colorful towers in a book.  The other was repeated at least once, including last night, of incredibly beautiful carvings in a soft ivory colored substance that produces flakes.  The final product is very soft and shiny, like wax, soap, white chocolate, a soft stone, or maybe ivory?  The frame was of a beautiful trellis with tiny circles of flower petals raised above it.  The skill is amazing and reminds me of someone who took the course and carved animal heads, like bears and wolves, from wood; Nan.  

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Seemed like a pinwheel, but I focused on the colors on the colors on the plastic … teal blue and a warm honey brown presented in small rectangles with a smaller square beside them.  A small crystal or cut glass salt shaker?  Bluebell?

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

There were other aspects to the images, too.  In the first, a woman's white hand holding something, like a soft stone or sponge.   There is strength and competence in the hand.  I saw the thumb and the thumbnail was about a 3/8" beyond the skin, rounded, and unpolished but tended to with the care of someone who is deeply grateful for the blessing of her hands.  There's the feeling of pure joy of mastery in service to beauty.  At first I kept thinking, is it a noodle?  There was something so pliant about the creation.  In the second, there was another image, too, but I lost it to aging short-term memory.  There was a warm, loving heart behind the sending but the task was approach with a cool clarity.  The mind focused out toward a larger image and then focused in on different details.  Then, it seemed like the mind went for a cup but settled on another piece.  It wasn't cut glass but crystal.  

ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)

Gracesinger,

I don't know if i am the one sending you these images . But if i am, i didn't do it on purpose, except for a large image and then the details.

Can i help ?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Gracesinger, thebeast, others who are interested or have workedwith telepathic exercises/classes:

This might be a good open forum sending and receiving exercise under our topic heading Remote Viewing.

Maria D. White has been leading this site since Zoron began it

But anyone could announce a Sending and see if others pick up on. Might suggest day of the week, time if people work non-locally but still like idea of time.

Just a thought since Gracesinger was truly receiving amazing details here!

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Sure.  The Beast, which larger image?  What were you carving?  I also received one of Princess Dianna in a crown when she was younger.  Then, at the exact end of SOTU, ouch, image of a floating purple blob in one of those floating blob containers that are usually lit up with electric light.  Then, some homemade sugar cookies?  Usually see them right before I wake up in the morning, but the one after the SOTU speech came hard and ouch, like now.  You there?  Gentle does it.  Yes, Michelle, I'll participate in a shared adventure under the remote viewing site.  Didn't know this was remote viewing, which I can't do; just sending and receiving images.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

And, I can't send, I don't think, except light.  So, what is the ability to pick up images from very strong senders? I can tell when I'm being read or someone's connecting in some way sometimes, because my whole head starts feeling like it's in a vise and then I get really nauseous and my ears start buzzing really strong.  Other times, I just tune in in light.  And, I usually don't see during the daytime with my eyes open and then don't see images but light in colors, except right after SOTU.  But sometimes I see powerful stuff, like Michelle doing this ChiGong like thing into the earth and up during a Read the Future Night.  Then sometimes things in images and visions at night or when resting that aren't dreams.  Don't know what to call all of that.  Also, sometimes, I just get in a groove and things seem to happen outside of my control, like taking out stock right before it sinks. 

BlueBelle, Michele, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Okay.  This just seemed like random stuff.  Will see if I can't get in that thing for tonight.  Hope to "see" you all there.

ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)

The larger image was aluminium . I had rods of aluminium machined to produce a centrifuge that i designed . When i was reading The Guardian Online I was reading about the queen's evacuation plans in case of hard brexit and there was this photo of a young Princess Diana. As i was looking at it, my mind wandered off, so i stared at it for a few seconds . I don't know what the blobs could be .

I am very poor at receiving . At one time I could receive, but it used to disturb be . I didn't find it useful to me, so i locked it away . But i might have turn it into a sending device...

I will try to send you an image right now . And light...

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Dear Beast,

I received the light right before Jeanne's class and it was most generous and loving.  Thank you. I suppose we are a pair; two lines off a car jump.  I do feel a bit like a virus able to inhabit a host.  I can see how this fits under "remote viewing."  Last night I awoke to the scene of a child abduction?  This disturbed me.   Interesting that you bring up how this relates to your profession and I was thinking earlier this morning how I use the same kind of "reading" or "empathy(?)" to interact with students and to write.  I value our connection.  Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)

Dear Gracesinger,

first of all, let's be clear that I am not involved in any child kidnapping.

The world is full of evil. And I do empathize with the victims . The world is full of bad, ugly news . And perhaps I do follow them too closely .

I don't know where your kidnapping vision came from . I didn't watch any movie . I didn't read it in the news . Could it be figurative?

Could it be destiny kidnapping both of our minds ?

But please know, dear virus, you are welcome in this brain .

Drama is a part of life . We can't live without it .

Thank you for letting the beast carry your wagon .

BlueBelle, mariad, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Gracesinger, yes I did do that. I do a lot of chi gong like healing movements during mediations.

I feel energetic pushes and pulling and follow them into movements as I am called to do.

They are creating energies for what is needed. Moving negative out for healing and recycling for transformation into positives.

In smaller groups for specific people in large ones for all and i did that exact movement.

Jeanne and  Vestralux both have described other movements i was doing or they could feel coming to themselves or others.

You all are so lovely and open and sharing.  Many blessings to all of you reading and sharing here ?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: