World Predictions Forum

World Predictions Forum2019-05-17T21:47:11-04:00

Prophetic dreams  

RSS

(@demeter)
Active Member Registered
02/23/2019 5:40 am  

I've had a few dreams that later seemed to contain psychic predictions. The most recent one was two days ago when I dreamt I was watching Israeli astronauts landing on the moon on TV. Then the day after, I read that an Israeli lunar lander had been launched to the moon by SpaceX.

It's pretty cool when this happens, but it leaves me wondering, what's the point of these dreams? I only know they're prophetic after the fact and I don't have dreams that predict anything in my own life. So are they just a fun party trick for my brain?

Topic Tags
(@lovendures)
Reputable Member Registered
02/25/2019 2:09 am  

No, not just a fun party trick but they can be kinda cool.  

Here are a few of the things I have learned and experienced regarding dreams.

Normal dreams  can be a way to  work out waking time "stuff". This makes up a majority of my dreams, the ones I remember. My dreams  can additionally  pick up upon things "our collective" is feeling. Picked up a lot about the Syrian migrant crisis when it was just beginning to be an issue and discovered many other people were dreaming about the same thing.  People needing to move quickly with very little ability to take anything, people starving,  people walking long distances people  and being fearful.

Then there are the dreams which  can  be about the future.   I tend to know I am dreaming about the  future when I wake up and say to myself, "I think this is important and I better make note of it".  ( I should be writing all my dreams down but these seem important and I like to document these types incase the do come true so I can have a record.  So I can learn from them too.)  The more that come true the more I begin to recognize when I am having a  possible predictive  dream. Dreams that have come true for me have included a plane crash in my city,  the rover discovering water on Mars and a recent mass shooting.   When I do dream the future, the dreams tend come true in a short while.  On occasion, my daughter and I have will dream a similar ( not exact) dream.  If that happens I become very alert to the fact that it is likely a predictive dream.

I have been able to dream with intention as well such as asking about what a big headline for the next month will be.    I didn't know I could do that until I tried it.  

Some people will pay attention to the music they hear during a dream.  I once had a dream I was attending the funeral service for my daughter's Godfather.  He had died in real life but this was a dream of his funeral about 6 months after he died.  I dreamt  I was at a church during his funeral service and  I heard chanting in a language which  I didn't understand but did recognize the country of origin. I wrote down the phrase I best remembered it sounding like and researched  its meaning  once I was awake because I felt that it was a message directed to me.  The phrase was translated as:" for he has left his mark upon the world".  This answered a fear of mine which was whether he would be remembered by others for the the good life he had led.  I got the answer from the chant, yes he would.

I am not sure this helped but perhaps it did.

Bright Opal, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@perriwinkle10)
Active Member Registered
04/02/2019 5:16 pm  

Alright wise tribe, I have another question...hoping this is the correct space to post it. 

I'm reading a lot about all of your experiences with dreams and visions in them. I have always battled with dreams vs dreams with actual truth to them (usually not realizing said dream was a vision until much later on) 

My question to you all is in regards to what I can best describe as "daydreaming visions" .. I have those a lot. Is that a thing? I'll be going about my day or sitting down for a few and my mind drifts to the most random thoughts. For a long time, I chalked them up to an overactive brain but as I get older, I've started to realize that a LOT of those "daydreaming moments" are actually something that happens in real life. 

I distinctively remember the first time this happened. I was in high school, my parents were home for the day. I drove to school, got out of my car and "daydreamed" that something earthly dangerous was going to happen. So I got back in my car and went home, despite knowing how much trouble I'd be in for skipping class. I pulled into the driveway, my mom comes out and asks me why I'm home. I tell her something bad is going to happen. The minute I said it, we experienced the huge 6.8 earthquake here in washington. 

I was so confused and scared that my dream vision came to be, but over time learned to deal with it. I guess my question to all of you is, what is that state called? It's almost like deja vu mixed with a fantasy story you make up in your head when you're bored, so deciphering what is real or what is to be, vs "was that just a made up story?" Or "maybe it's deja vu" is really hard for me to dissect. How do you do this? Is this common? When we're you able to instinctively know the difference? 

Sometimes those daydreams are exactly that for me..just daydreams and nothing ever comes to be. Unfortunately, there's been times when I've scared myself into a state of fear from a vision -absolutely certain it was a real one - and nothing ever came to be. Other times, I'll brush them off and sure as shingles, it happens. :-/ 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
04/02/2019 11:36 pm  

You're in the right place!

What you are calling daydreams sound, for the most part, like visions.

One of my earliest visions similar to yours happened to me in high school also. I was sitting in history class. I remember it was world history, it was March. I was sitting in the row closest to the windows, I was in the 4th seat back. I was bored and my mind drifted as I gazed out the window to the trees growing out of the sidewalk. I "daydreamed" that my stepmother was giving birth to a baby boy. My dad and stepmom lived far away, and I was only able to visit them over summers,  so I ascribed it at the time to wishful thinking.  About a month later, on a routine phone call with my Dad, he told me my stepmom was pregnant and would deliver in May. I told him it would be a boy (this was before modern prenatal testing). He laughed, but in May that year, my stepmom had my half brother!

I don't know what to tell you about how to decipher visioning from just imagination. As I've gotten older, I pay more attention to them. Many of our visions don't come to pass. Some say it's because the timeline shifts somehow, or a random even occurs that changes an outcome. Sometimes it is just your imagination, and only time can reveal that (or as Freud put it, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar").

I hope others weigh in here for you with their experiences. Welcome and peace.

Stargazer and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Trusted Member Registered
04/03/2019 8:15 am  

I had one quite vivid, prophetic dream about the 911 attack. I can't recall whether I've had any others.  

Can anyone recommend ways in general to better remember your dreams?  Over the past few years, I tend not to remember most of them after I wake up.  What I generally sense is a physical or emotional feeling connected to the dream -- and I often sense that my dreams have been quite active, and sometimes I feel worn out.  Maybe that has to do with the collective stress we all are feeling now.  Sometimes (but not often), l may suddenly remember small pieces of a dream later that day.  It's very strange.  

Lovenendures, I like your idea of dreaming with intention. 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
04/03/2019 11:12 am  

Best way to remember dreams is to keep either a notebook and pen OR a voice recorder by your bed. As soon as you wake up, write down or record your dreams as best as you can remember them. Even if they're not all prophetic, many of them can give you personal insights you may find helpful. And then there are the dreams that I call "memory dumps" - literally the brain is just sorting through the day's input. I laugh when I get those, because I get that they're necessary somehow, but they're so freakin' banal.

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, BlueBelle and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
04/03/2019 11:23 am  

I like your suggestions, Laura.  My brain tends to be very foggy when I first wake up and I tend not to remember anything about the dream.  But maybe if I do as you suggest, with the intention of remembering more of them, then that could work.  It's certainly worth a shot.  Thanks!

Laura F. liked
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
04/07/2019 3:46 am  

I was reading the comments and suggestions above about dreams, in what form they come to us, their meanings and how to remember them and took a few days to think about how it works in my case. Maybe there will be a nugget of something in there that can help someone else. The process for each person is slightly different. 

I noticed that my dreams can be grouped into three main categories: processing dreams, dreams to pay attention to and visitation dreams. The processing dreams are the ones where I immediately notice that it has something to do with what I have seen and experienced in waking life. I generally understand what those dreams mean.  The dreams to pay attention to are the ones that I asked my subconscious to alert me to when I have them so that I can remember them when I am awake and try to understand them. Usually, I will wake up from such a dream and then I go over the details again mentally so that I can write them down when I get up the next day. I do not always understand these dreams but try to think about them and sometimes something will come up to make sense of them. The visitation dreams only happen a few times a year and those are family members who have passed - generally someone I had a connection with.  Those dreams feel very intense and are easy to note. Sometimes they are checking in just to say hi and sometimes they have a message. Those dreams are not easy to forget. 

I hope that helps someone and I am fascinated to read about everyone’s experiences in this subject. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Noble Member Admin
04/07/2019 3:01 pm  

Just adding to all the great answers people have listed here to Demeter's original question, What is the point of psychic dreams? Are they just a party trick?

I can't answer for each person and each dream but at the least, these dreams, like the Israeli space launch Demeter mentioned, indicates something that is important enough, Demeter, to your psyche that it sent you something and your conscious mind remembered it.

Your nervous system is always detecting the world around you.  What you remember and pay attention to says something about what is both important to you AND what your conscious mind is willing to let you see.

The fact that you had a dream about something that happened a few days later shows that probably (1) your psyche picked up the thoughts of millions of people who had read news stories of the impending launch and (2) your conscious mind decided it would be an okay thing to let you know about.  

Your dream was probably more telepathy (reading the group mind of the Collective)  than prophecy (reading the future)  since the launch was already in the works when you dreamed about it. If you'd dreamed that when they landed on the moon, they discovered something unexpected, then it would be prophecy.  It would help to know more about your dream and how you even discovered later that there was a moon landing. 

It would be interesting to understand why that launch was important to you.  

ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Estimable Member Registered
04/08/2019 10:53 pm  

I have also had dreams that later turns out it is something that is going to happen in the near future. When I have dreams about being pregnant and giving birth I know its some either close to me or someone that I know some how. Just recently I had a dream that I was pregnant and that no one really wanted that baby and that I did not want it but then I had the baby and I was happy. Found out later that my niece is pregnant and she was having second thoughts on having it. She always said she did not want to have kids for a long time. She has come to terms with it and seems happy. 

I have also had dreams of planes and they are falling and of course I am in it and feel anxious and scared out of my mind. I have these dreams not alot but I never realized that I am dreaming about soemthing that is going to happen. Before the first 8 Max plane fell,  I had a dream of being outside and I see a plane and I said oh look is that the President's Plane and then I said no its Russian it had a word that started with an S. I said to myself that plane is flying too low and its going to touch the trees and then the plane tilts to the left and i see a big ball of fire. I had another dream in February that i was on a plane and it hit a mountain and blew up and then in March the next 8 Max fell. I should keep a journal and write my dreams down. 

I recently had a dream of my 5 year old son dying and I saw him in the coffin. I felt nothing toward this dream. I felt calm I was not sad or anything in the dream. Of course I was disturbed by it but I had no feelings that it was my son. My oldest son just told me that at his internship an 8 Year old boy died in a house fire the night before. I dont know if its coincidence.

I dont know why I have to dream of horrible things. This is very disturbing to me. I have other dreams about other people, one of my husband when he went away to visit his family. He went with our oldest son so I was find. What can he get into. Well i had a dream of him and his family hanging out and the guys wanted to introduce him to a young lady. I woke up and did not say anything about it. My mom later in the morning said to me " They tried to get him to talk to someone but he said no" Do you know he is afraid of you and actually I do know. He asked me if I was a witch or something. I have caught him years earlier on something. I never told my mom. 

I dont know why I have these dreams. The ones I remember are the ones that really scare me. I recently was a way and we were staying at a house my brother in law bought, I have never been there before. It was a nice house but it had a horrible aura. I was annoyed when I was first there. That night I had a dream with a man who was dead and he had like clown make up. It was weird make up. I dont know how to explain. But he told me he was there for my son soul. He wanted him. I told him he could not take him. He is mine. (There was no TV in the room, so i cant say i probably dreamt it because of a show). How can I stop them. I dont like the dark scary ones. I am tired of being on a plane and scared and panic attacks

ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
04/17/2019 4:37 pm  

Jessie 1978 I read your post before and re-read it just now and I am not sure that anyone can tell you why you have these upsetting dreams.  It sounds like a psychic gift to me but to make it more pleasant I would start talking aloud to your angels and spirit guides and ask them to help you get your psychic messages in ways that are not so stressful...you can also petition your higher self.  Just write down or say aloud what you want your higher self to know.  I think sometimes the dreams are scary or stressful because it is a way to ensure you will remember them.  It is dramatic and it will keep the dream in your thoughts for quite a while.  I have upsetting dreams at times but as I started to journal them and work with them they aren't usually so scary anymore.  I think if you start a dream journal and let your guides know you are trying to remember your dreams to get their messages this will assure them you are trying to remember and work with your dreams.  I really believe in the power of essential oils and crystals so I often burn incense or sage or put frankencense and myrrh or patchouli on myself before bed.  Crystals are maybe not recommended unless you are brave and want to experiment.  I found white howlite gave me interesting dreams but agates gave me nightmares.  Don't have agate near your bed it reveals things and overstimulates.  I do really love agates when I am awake! Assess your bedroom maybe there are negative influences around when you sleep--sage smudge your bedroom, it can't hurt.  I am sure there are more things you could try...

Laura F., Stargazer, Coyote and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
04/17/2019 6:31 pm  

After I wrote the above I kept thinking I should have mentioned lavender essential oil.  I found a blend that was frankencense and lavender and really liked it.  Lavender flower essence will be nurturing and soothing. Find an essential oil blend you feel drawn to and really enjoy...

ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
04/18/2019 10:14 am  

Jessie1978 I agree with Starpath.  I would sage smudge my bedroom and use Lavender oil.  The oil promotes peaseful sleep.  I had to sage my bedroom the other nite.  I usualy don't remember my dreams, when i do 9 times out of 10 they are visitations by past loved ones.  The other nite I had a weird dream that I did remember when I woke up.  I dreamed I was getting married (I'm 67 by the way) and was all dressed up in my wedding dress when I got to the end of the aisle my groom was Trump!  He was standng on the left side of me and refused instructions t o move to the right (!).  I looked at him and said "ugh, I changed my mind" and I left.  The dream was so stange that I woke right up.  I didn't eat anything strange before bedtime so this is just weird to me.

BlueBelle, Laura F., Starpath and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
04/21/2019 12:31 pm  

Jessie1978 - great suggestions above, I have a few more to add that may help.

1.  Hemp oil with CBD is legal in all 50 states (I'm presuming you're here in the US?) - you can get it at Whole Foods or online. Take some with your dinner. This helps calm anxiety but without making you super groggy or affecting your dreaming.
  2. After dinner, try drinking an herbal (caffeine free) tea that also sets the stage for calm sleep. I recommend Rooibos (aka "Redbush"), or Chamomile, or Dandelion Root. Consider pouring an extra cup as a kind of offering to guides/angels.
  3. Something I use for migraines, but which might help you, is to listen to Binaural Beats music before you fall asleep. This music "resets" brainwaves. Here is my favorite one:  Music To Soothe
  4. If you get panic attacks, there is a way to stop them in their tracks, it's called the Valsalva Maneuver. Take a sip of water. Hold your breath. Swallow hard. Bear down (as if pooping) as you swallow, keep holding your breath, breathe out slowly, repeat if necessary.
  5. Make efforts not to look at any screen of any kind for a couple of hours before bed, especially not anything upsetting (news, true crime, etc.).
  6. Lastly - chelated magnesium - helps regulate sleep and the central nervous system. Make sure you are either getting enough in your diet or supplement if you have to.

Good luck. I agree you have a gift, you just need to learn to control it a bit rather than have it control you. Let us know how things go! Namasté.

ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
04/21/2019 6:58 pm  

Thanks guy I am going to try all of these suggestions. I am going to do these things when my husband is not home. He is kind of scared of me. I just had a text from my son's GF that her nephew who is like 5? I am not sure is in the hospital. They found 2 masses on his brain and 1 on his chest. Unfortunately a couple weeks ago I had a dream with my own 5 year old who was in a coffin. I was not sad so it did not effect me at all. Now I am hoping that I did not dream about this little boy.  

Yogagirl- What a nightmare with Trump!! 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
04/21/2019 7:06 pm  

Oh, very sorry to hear about your nephew.  Envisioning you and your whole family wrapped in love and a bright light.  

ReplyQuote
Share:
See World Predictions 2018 & Beyond

Working

Please Login or Register