Clear all

British Royal Family/Prince Charles

13 Posts
9 Users
124 Likes
(@gracie)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello All - I hope everyone is safe and well.  I saw on the internet that Prince Charles tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Could someone do a reading on the family?  I'm not sure about Queen Elizabeth's health status.

PS:  I wish Charles all the best and hope he does become King.

Regards, thanks and all my best wishes,

Gracie

lenor, Lovendures, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

@gracie

Some of us have seen Elizabeth abdicating the throne this year and the crown being passed rapidly to Prince William. That's all I can recall of others' predictions. I personally don't pay attention to the the celebrity aspect of British royalty, so I can't do a reading on them as individuals. I am interested in the intersection of political and cultural dynamics, however, and when I think of the British royal family, I get the sense that their label as monarchs is not long for this world.

Globally, we're fast approaching an era where kings and queens will become an anachronism. When Elizabeth does leave the throne, I imagine that many Britons and Commonwealth subjects will be faced with the uncomfortable reality that their head of state is a religious leader whose sole entitlement to status is the sheer luck of a genetic lottery. This is going to be a head-spinning decade unlike any other (just look at the past 3 months!), and I don't see how the House of Windsor can weather the storm intact (I'm speaking in terms of political power, not physical health). 

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@coyote

@gracie

I have always felt and seen Prince William carrying the weight of the throne into a new time where many are already so negative of so many of the royals and so adamant about removing the system.

Lots of emotional resentment, and so many misunderstandings about their roles or how much good they do. With a great deal of jealousy about their lives compared to their own, the need for a different form of monarchy or perhaps even none at all. The energies are getting stronger and stronger towards removing all that seems too old or outdated.

With an aging Queen, and fragile state of health for Prince Philip and now Prince Charles (as their next in line for succession)  testing positive fir the coronav(how apt) virus and aware of  his own age and mortality:  everything is not only suddenly more fluid in the timeline but also more receptive to the current energies of destruction of the old forms of anything and everything as the impetus for change, re-creation and transformation truly increases and begins. As this virus ramps up in April the tides could dramatically speed to higher levels and much could happen from then on.

We are watching the destruction of our own governmental systems, our own beginning of state control over federal,  and the incredible need for each of us to recognize our own gifts and abilities and rise up and activate our individual abilities and higher powers in ways we never imagined or thought possible.

Many of us will rise to a newer paradigm than we ever did before during previous awakenings to new gifts manifested by these new energies and greater understandings.When we say we were made for these times we truly mean it.

Even my grown children said to me (much to my delight):

"Mom, we've been preparing for this our whole lives"

I know we've done what we need to do bringing up and bringing in bright points of light to replace the older ones whose lights are even now dimming.

LalaBella, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Just a little trivia: I heard someone say that Queen Elizabeth travels with a briefcase full of Homeopathic remedies whenever and where ever she has gone/goes. Apparently, Prince Charles has also always used Homeopathy too, following the Queen.

Perhaps this is one reason they have maintained good health.

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Barbados just left the Commonwealth realm and became a parliamentary republic. This means Queen Elizabeth is no longer Barbados's head of state. Jamaica and St. Vincent and the Grenadines may be next in line to become republics.

This how I've seen the British royals would begin to lose stature this decade. Small Commonwealth realm nations with more fraught colonial histories would become republics (there are 15 Commonwealth realm nations, not including Barbados). Eventually, even more stalwart members like Australia and Canada may question the necessity of having Britain's sovereign as their head of state. When Elizabeth abdicates the throne (as she most definitely will this decade), I think we can even expect a more vocal republican movement in the UK itself.

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@coyote

Thanks of sharing this news.  Most interesting.

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

I would like to weigh in a bit. I am also somebody living under a monarchy and I think people underestimate how much these 'Royals' are part of our identity. Getting rid of them would be the same to Americans burning their flag or tearing down the White House. It is an institution. Also, Queen Elizabeth pays taxes and brings in billions through tourism and trade/diplomatic missions oversees. Meeting a Queen or Prince has a lot more clout than just a president.

So while small islands might leave, the UK won't get rid of their Windsors that easily imo. There were at their lowest in the 90s, but with Kate and William their popularity has gone up. They provide a stability to the nation that gives people something to cling to.

Plus, it is pretty cool to have a Head of State tracing back to all those historical figures you read about in books. A 1000 years is quite the family tree ? You don't get rid of history:-)

Isabelle, Mamaly, Rohenna and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

@coyote

i’ve been a royal watcher for a long time and the overwhelming consensus is that the Queen will be faithful to the oath she took as a young woman to serve her country for the rest of her life. The abdication of her uncle was a huge crisis in the royal family and she will not have forgotten that. She will never abdicate. What is possible, if not likely, is that she could retire from most duties, stepping back to allow Prince Charles to act as Regent. In other words she will be queen until she dies but there is the possibility of a sort of retirement with Prince Charles taking over most of her current duties. This is not at all the same thing as an abdication, the idea of which has been anathema since 1936.

Isabelle, Coyote, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I guess my views about the monarchy are different and wouldn't be popular in Britain or among those who love the monarchy. I understand and respect people's feelings about the tradition, and the point about the British Monarchy bringing in tourism dollars, although that point requires back up. 

According to this Business Insider story, the queen is worth $88 billion. British taxpayers pay them $292 million a year.  That figure may not include other payments people make to them when they have to pay them a lease amount for the land beneath their homes.

But they gained their titles through violent conquest.  It is no longer acceptable in modern times that extreme honor and wealth is simply inherited.  In spite of all that privilege, education and training, they are mediocre ordinary people with average intelligence. I'm glad they have become more progressive, accepting a person of color into their family. The Queen learned from Charles's disastrous and tragic marriage to Diana Spenser to be more tolerant and allow her children to marry the people they love, which is a flexibility that has helped them survive. So now people like them again. And given what's happened in the U.S., they look awfully good these days. But like @coyote, I doubt they will survive as an institution. 

Mamaly, Coyote, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

I totally get that most on this forum will look at a monarchy differently to those in Europe. Just like we don't understand a lot of America it is vice versa too!

It might not survive in the future, but for now they will, imo, for quite some time still. The violent conquest; well every western nation has been part of that towards many other nations, can we blame her family for things of the past? It was the way of the world for a long time and people now eat that stuff up when it is story-time. The royals no longer have power and by remaining figure heads and giving up their privacy they now give back. How about looking at it like that ? 

Their wealth nowadays doesn't come from the office btw. The figure that your posted isn't what they earn as a salary. It is used to pay for all the estates which the British would keep whether or not they have a Queen. It's upkeep and all the personal mostly. The rest goes to travel expenses etc.

Here are some numbers from the Sun. Although a trashy newspaper this is kind of what the consensus is concerning revenue.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4950897/queen-money-economy-monarchy-2017/

All in all, the monarchy brings people together. Whether you are left, right, middle, green or cuckoo, almost everybody respects them and feels connected in some way. That's pretty powerful stuff. Even Russians would like the Romanovs back, although that's not happening on Putin's watch, people want that pride, the fairy-tale.

That said, I am not an advocate of any monarchy or even a monarchist myself. Just trying to put across what the general feeling is. ? 

Isabelle, Mamaly, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

I don't have any strong opinions about the Royals, so I'm neither rooting for monarchism or republicanism. I just think that as part of the evolutionary process the human collective is going through now, many royal families will be reduced in stature if not stripped of their statuses. I don't know whether the Windsors will still be around in 10 or 20 years, but I do think more Britons and Commonwealth subjects will become apathetic towards them, as the case of Barbados is showing.

@moonbeam I saw the video of the speech Elizabeth delivered to the British public back in the spring about the coronavirus lockdowns, and I could feel the emotional attachment and swell of pride many Britons feel towards her. But we're living in an age where, driven by exponential shifts in popular opinion, institutions that are synonymous with reality will evaporate seemingly overnight. So I'm just keeping that in mind.

kksali, Jeanne Mayell, SisterMoon and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

It seems like the younger royals don’t really want the “royal” label. Harry and Meghan wanted Archie to have a normal birth, and now they’ve stepped back to live their own lives, which I think they should be allowed to do. Even William and Katherine have put messages out that they want to raise their children as normally as possible. The duty they have as royals comes with certain expectations, but even those seem to be peeling away as time moves forward.

ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@parizienne, I think that has always been the case. Our current King has had a childhood like that as well. There are also agreements with the press about when they can make pictures. Nobody wants to expose their children to a glasshouse. However, they do live like very rich people. You cannot get away from that. They will never be 'normal'. 

That said, I am not a fan of the Dutch royal house. To me they are kind of useless and slurp up a lot of money (unlike the British Queen Elizabeth, they do not pay taxes). The way they behave is set to be 'modern', but since it is also a relatively young royal house (200 years) there hardly is historical context attached.

The British do have this though and William seems very much committed to keep the monarchy alive and well. They have 1000 years of history and tradition behind them. There will always be some of an impact on the kids from this. Who knows, Archie might even grow to resent his parents for taking him away from his birthright/cousins/celebrations.

Isabelle, 2ndfdl, Parizienne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: